Still no AA or high res pacs?

wifeaggro

Oh i'm sorry i didn't know graphics were everything that mattered in a game especially an rpg? Any good company that creates an mmo will cater the graphics to people who have more sub par computers to get as many subs as possible, if you want better graphics than the majority of people that play set your settings to high(possibly ultra some day).

Not sure if you're just trying to troll or what but going by that post you must not play many rpgs at all, for the last 10 years or so it has become very clear for rpgs that the better the graphics the worse the overall game, story which is the main focus in the first place has been taking the back seat to graphics since FF12 came out. It's bad when i can go back and play an rpg 20 years old and be more into the story than i am with any current day rpg that has far superior graphics.

no but they do matter in an over hyped game that was pushed back years, people are justified in expceting up to date graphics.

The high-res textures are, in fact, missing. There was a developer comment to that effect previously stating that they had been removed due to issues they were having with some cards (mainly ATI). Try going in-game and switching to low textures, then to medium and then to high. The textures don't change at all between medium and high. If you attempt to force high-res textures through the client settings ini then either you still end up with the medium textures or no textures at all (everything appears white).

EDIT:

Here's the exact dev post from Stephen Reid on December 23rd:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=696184#edit696184

That is completely incorrect. There is no higher res textures, period. If you go switch them to low right now, there is a huge, huge difference. With everything maxed out, which I have, it looks amazing.

Stephen was talking about the bug that would cause the low rez textures to force no matter what was selected... which I mentioned.

You can manually turn on AA and it does work fine however Bioware should put the AA setting back in so gamers do not have to fish around in their files. It is a 10 to 15 second thing but convience is king now-a-days lol.

If the issue was a 10-15 minute thing, they would have done it by now. Clearly whatever is preventing them from allowing users to turn it on and off in the graphics setting is not such an easy thing to do.

IIRC it was pulled for performance reasons.

Forced AA on my 4850.

No performance hit.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1636/swtor2012010105401359.png

Notice the smooth edges.

There is most definitely a performance hit, on both ATI and Nvidia cards when forced. I am playing on 2 6950 2GB cards, set up in CrossFire... There is definitely a choppiness when invoking AA.

AA is only noticeable when you're sitting still anyway, not worth the performance hit.

That is completely incorrect. There is no higher res textures, period. If you go switch them to low right now, there is a huge, huge difference. With everything maxed out, which I have, it looks amazing.

Stephen was talking about the bug that would cause the low rez textures to force no matter what was selected... which I mentioned.

how can someone conclude this when reading this:

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

:confused:

not a word about low textures, everyone knows there is a difference between low and medium, thats not the problem.

how can someone conclude this when reading this:

:confused:

not a word about low textures, everyone knows there is a difference between low and medium, thats not the problem.

Stephen never said there are higher resolution textures coming that what are there now. He said there is a bug which is causing them to display lower, as there has been.

Take some time and go through the officially released game screenshots or videos. You would agree that they're using the best possible textures there, no? Well, there's no difference between those and what I am playing.

In other words, the high-rez textures are already part of the game, and if you're not seeing them it's due to a bug. That is what Stephen was answering.

Edited by Lethality

Stephen never said there are higher resolution textures coming that what are there now. He said there is a bug which is causing them to display lower, as there has been.

Take some time and go through the officially released game screenshots or videos. You would agree that they're using the best possible textures there, no? Well, there's no difference between those and what I am playing.

In other words, the high-rez textures are already part of the game, and if you're not seeing them it's due to a bug. That is what Stephen was answering.

Yes. You can see the higher quality textures in conversations. The bug is that they don't display outside conversations. However, they aren't exactly high resolution compared to today's standards either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.