400k Healing = 3 medals

Herculieas

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/400ksensualhealing.jpg/

Halfway through, a player called me out for running around dancing naked (which I wasn't doing), to which I responded, "My naked dancing IS healing. Sensual healing". Just clarifying that I was in no way gloating at the end of the match.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is about healing, and its rewards - or the lack thereof. As you can see from the picture, we got destroyed. Medals (personal rewards) for healers are, at this time, limited. For example, lots of people cite that healers can get the "one killing blow" medal. This, however, requires a bit of luck and focus on damage-dealing rather than healing and inhibits incentive to be a pure healer. People also say the healers get the 10 and 25 kills medals by just healing. This is true, however, these medals are dependent on the performance of other players. In the case of this Voidstar game, for one reason or another, the overall damage-dealing performance of my team was poor and so I did not get either of the 10 or 25 kills medals.

Additionally, to be a pure healer in solo PvE (which is what a lot of the endgame content is composed of), sucks. It's just long and drawn out and repetitive - it sucks. How does this relate to healing in PvP you ask? Well, I'm not gonna run to the respec guy everytime I want PvE or PvP... and I do want to heal in PvP because it's lots of fun.

TLDR: Bioware needs to give more incentive to heal in Warzones.

On the other hand you get lots of mvps for toping healing so it balance out, but yeah most healers just go hybrid because they get so few medals which i dont think it is a way to go Edited by Xantros

On the other hand you get lots of mvps for toping healing so it balance out, but yeah most healers just go hybrid because they get so few medals which i dont think it is a way to go
I actually don't get a lot of MPV votes, which is surprising. I got a lot more when I was a DPS Sage. In that game, for example, I got 1 while a Commando that did 300k damage got 2. MPV votes usual go to damage-dealers and those with lots of objective points. And pre-mades give them to themselves. Not that it really matters though because an MVP is equal to 1 commendation and 50 valor.

L2 5k healing effective medal

healing medals = 2.5 single heal, 5k single heal, 75k heal, 300k healing... just need 1 to complete set.

Except that's impossible without a full expertise set and the expertise power-up because of the -30% healing in Warzones (another pure-heal deterrent). And even if it wasn't, 4 isn't a lot when a Shadow/Assassin can get 10 easy.

Except that's impossible without a full expertise set and the expertise power-up because of the -30% healing in Warzones (another pure-heal deterrent). And even if it wasn't, 4 isn't a lot when a Shadow/Assassin can get 10 easy.

Pro tip wait for trauma to fall of of you, rakata med pac, or use your cd + crit surge trinket to heal yourself. Sorc/sage is easy you can hurt yourself with sac/consumption.

I was able to pull this off with 1200 of my primary stat and 200ish exp

Edited by Rabbican

Wait MVP votes do something? I rarely care enough about that score crap to bother clicking anything. I check my own highest dmg hit maybe from the other spam and then mash exit until it lets me leave.... On the rare occasion i have a healer or tank decide im worth keeping around and we defend an objective the whole match ill vote for them. Otherwise in a headless chicken fight i dont vote.

Pro tip wait for trauma to fall of of you, rakata med pac, or use your cd + crit surge trinket to heal yourself. Sorc/sage is easy you can hurt yourself with sac/consumption.

I was able to pull this off with 1200 of my primary stat and 200ish exp

So, essentially, the 5k heal medal is only possible when you aren't contributing to the game. Seems like that medal is working as intended.

:eek:
Awwwwww sheeeee.

Wait MVP votes do something? I rarely care enough about that score crap to bother clicking anything. I check my own highest dmg hit maybe from the other spam and then mash exit until it lets me leave.... On the rare occasion i have a healer or tank decide im worth keeping around and we defend an objective the whole match ill vote for them. Otherwise in a headless chicken fight i dont vote.
Yep, they give stuff. Barely anything, though. I always give MVP, even if the team I play with has no idea what they're doing.

If you can't get at least 7 medals as a healer, you aren't playing your class correctly.

How do you think sins get 10 medals? They play two roles, dps and tank.

If you want to get lots of medals as a healer, play two roles, dps and heals. Toss out dots, you should get 75k damage medal easy. You can also get 10/25 kills, killing blow, and even a solo kill if you try.

If you can't get at least 7 medals as a healer, you aren't playing your class correctly.

How do you think sins get 10 medals? They play two roles, dps and tank.

If you want to get lots of medals as a healer, play two roles, dps and heals. Toss out dots, you should get 75k damage medal easy. You can also get 10/25 kills, killing blow, and even a solo kill if you try.

I'm a healer. I heal. You're saying that I need to DPS in order to play my class. No... I don't think so. I benefit the team more when I heal as a healer. I'm not going to sacrifice that for trying to get more medals. The game shouldn't be designed for a healer to sacrifice in order to gain personal rewards.

So, essentially, the 5k heal medal is only possible when you aren't contributing to the game. Seems like that medal is working as intended.

Awwwwww sheeeee.

Yep, they give stuff. Barely anything, though. I always give MVP, even if the team I play with has no idea what they're doing.

I won't deny that 5k healing medal takes some setup to get (expertise buff) + cd's. I never go for it in Voidstar or huttball (too action oriented), but as far as alderaan is concerened... let me guard a point for 10 mintues with 0 traffic. Whats that a expertise buff 50 yards away... sacrifice... sacrifice...sacrifice... sacrifice... crit cd, surge/crit relic, hot + 2.5 sec heal (1.5 sec buffed) twice for good measure 1 or both will be 5k +.

Healers medal's = mirror of dmg medals both have to be effective damage/healing. Dmg spec just has better chance of getting KB and solo kill. Also you have to tag enemies with an offensive ability to get the kill for 10 or 25 kills... I usually have a free global / dot to use.

Edited by Rabbican

The problem with giving a larger amount of healing awards is that any type of healing counts. So if some random jack pops a medpac, it counts as healing, even though it isn't necessarily benefiting the team like most of the healing pvp healers perform. Given that fact, people would exploit the hell out of that system if there were, for example, 7 healing medals.

I am always (and I mean always) number 1 in my warzones for heals (JC sage) and I typically get about 2 or 3 MVP votes. I also put out about 100k dps each fight too when added to the healing medals gives me between 5 and 10 medals.. I think the point is, BioWare doesn't want to pidgeonhole us healers into thinking all we can do is spam heal a fight... we are still effective at DPS, at doing objectives, at cc and so on... Typically I try to do as much as I can and usually walk away with the following medals:

(heal medals - usually I get in the first 5 mins of the match, sometimes in the first 2 mins if there is a big clash)

Healer - 75k Healing

Medic - 2.5k+ single heal

2.5k+ single Dps hit (don't remember the name because I don't get it often... I have to critically hit while dps buffed with stims)

Quick Draw - 1 killing blow

Commando - 10 kills

Solider - 25 kills

Assassin - 1 solo kill (usually I am at the end of the fight trying to find this one)

Combatant - 75k dmg

Defender - 1k Defender points

Defender - 3k Defender points

Defender - 5k Defender points (stay near the ball carrier or camp the center turret to rack these points up easily ... takes a whole match to hit 5k though so stay in the action)

NOW take into account that you gain 50 Valor and 5 Warzone Commendations for every Medal you earn, plus 1 Warzone Commendation and additional Valor for each MVP vote you recieve at the end of the game.... you would be silly not to get as many dps medals as you can after earning the heal medals.

Also I should add that my average deaths out of 10 matches is 1 death per match... most matches I never die. Having the ability heal one's self and force run makes me near impossible to kill 1 v 1 ... and I try not to put myself in situations where the odds are against me.

Now why am I saying all this? Well basically I am saying get out of the old "im a healer" mindset... I'm fully spec for heals and I easily always come away with most (almost all) the dps medals too... If you are a player who only wants to win, you may find yourself in a very slow grind for pvp gear. Give up the notion about winning and devote your play to earning medals... I know that sounds horrid but the fact is you cannot earn these medals without supporting your team anyway, I challenge anyone to try and get 5k defender pts or 25 kills solo.... its very hard to do. Follow a few teammates around and your chances go way up.

You had 7 kills total when everyone else on your team had 20+. What were you doing? Noble Sacrificing in a hidden corner?

You weren't involved in the actual combat. That's why you got no medals. 400k worthless healing. Scoreboard means nothing.

You had 7 kills total when everyone else on your team had 20+. What were you doing? Noble Sacrificing in a hidden corner?

You weren't involved in the actual combat. That's why you got no medals. 400k worthless healing. Scoreboard means nothing.

You have to damage players to get kill medals. I was healing my team, and healing them well. Not well enough to carry the game, unfortunately.

You have to damage players to get kill medals. I was healing my team, and healing them well. Not well enough to carry the game, unfortunately.

You don't have to do damage to get kill credit at all. You just have to have been in combat with the player in some way, including healing someone else who's in combat with them. Infact, I routinely get kill credit for kills that I didn't do anything to at all that are halfway across the map.

Edited by CHRISGG

I agree completely that the medals are way out of whack for healers.

as an fyi though if you are bio chem the rataka medpac will give you the 5k heal medal everytime.

I spend a good portion of my time hunting one on one kills just to get the medal count up.

Also, the MVP vote system is terrible. It so inconsistent. I did a 500k game and got none and then I do a scrubby 250k and got 4.

Finally don't count on expertise to get the job done it is clearly bugged in Warzones, I have 10% and always crit above 5k at the vendor but havent crit 5K in a warzone in 3 days.

We just have to have a little patience they will work this stuff out in time. Its been alot better than other releases I have been a part of and I am sure they will sort it in time.

Good job getting out there and healing though

Kill count is bugged for healers you have to do damage to an opponent to get credit for it. Healing the person who kills them is not sufficient. Just a bug

You don't have to do damage to get kill credit at all. You just have to have been in combat with the player in some way, including healing someone else who's in combat with them. Infact, I routinely get kill credit for kills that I didn't do anything to at all that are halfway across the map.
Then it's bugged, because I was doing just that. I'm fairly certain you're wrong though, but I'll agree to disagree. I surely wasn't noble sacrificing in a corner, as you have said, which I feel is ironic because I remember you posting something about "not having context to situations means nothing" when you have no context to this, but yet you made that outrageous claim.

Happy new years, and goodnight.

sorry missed this post before I posted. I am not sure how this is working for you. However, healing in the center of the action (my guild mates) never more than 10m from the kill I will routinely get 4-8 kills while they get 40+. Perhaps sage heals arent bugged in the same way or maybe you are doing some damage or debuffs directly.

I am always (and I mean always) number 1 in my warzones for heals (JC sage) and I typically get about 2 or 3 MVP votes. I also put out about 100k dps each fight too when added to the healing medals gives me between 5 and 10 medals.. I think the point is, BioWare doesn't want to pidgeonhole us healers into thinking all we can do is spam heal a fight... we are still effective at DPS, at doing objectives, at cc and so on... Typically I try to do as much as I can and usually walk away with the following medals:

(heal medals - usually I get in the first 5 mins of the match, sometimes in the first 2 mins if there is a big clash)

Healer - 75k Healing

Medic - 2.5k+ single heal

So no 300k healing medal for you. That's a medal every dedicated healer should aim for. If you miss that one to farm dps medals, then you aren't doing your job. Don't call yourself a healer if you are playing a hybrid dps/healer. I also play half healer/half dpser for the medals too sometimes, but I think this thread is about pure healers, not hybrids. I agree with you on what you said, we can get most of the medals, but the OP has a point. Pure healers aren't rewarded properly while pure dpsers get every medal available to them just by doing their job.

2.5k+ single Dps hit (don't remember the name because I don't get it often... I have to critically hit while dps buffed with stims)

Quick Draw - 1 killing blow

Commando - 10 kills

Solider - 25 kills

Assassin - 1 solo kill (usually I am at the end of the fight trying to find this one)

Combatant - 75k dmg

Defender - 1k Defender points

Defender - 3k Defender points

Defender - 5k Defender points (stay near the ball carrier or camp the center turret to rack these points up easily ... takes a whole match to hit 5k though so stay in the action)

2.5k hit medal for a pure healer is hard to get, even with almost full champion gear and buffs. Maybe with a champion weapon (i'm using a purple resolve hilt 22, almost the same rating as tier 1 pvp weapons) it's easier, but for most sorcerers/sages doing a 2k crit isn't that easy.

Quick draw, if you focus on healing you need to stop healing someone to kill steal. You can also try to 1v1 but you usually end up healing yourself while a dpser killsteals you.

Assassin: Same as quick draw, only harder because if someone hits them once, you don't get the medal.

Commando/Soldier: You don't get these unless you do damage. That's 1 GCD less to heal for every attack. In VS is easy to get them AoE'ing the doors, but for pure healers that stick to healing and aim for the most healing points they can get, these medals are out of their reach.

Combatant: Doing 75k+ damage takes longer than healing 125k+, and if you dps your team mates are taking damage and probably dying while you farm medals. For this medal you actually need to farm or be a hybrid, not a pure healer.

Defender: Everyone gets them if they stand in an objetive long enough.

NOW take into account that you gain 50 Valor and 5 Warzone Commendations for every Medal you earn, plus 1 Warzone Commendation and additional Valor for each MVP vote you recieve at the end of the game.... you would be silly not to get as many dps medals as you can after earning the heal medals.

[...]

Now why am I saying all this? Well basically I am saying get out of the old "im a healer" mindset... I'm fully spec for heals and I easily always come away with most (almost all) the dps medals too... If you are a player who only wants to win, you may find yourself in a very slow grind for pvp gear.

[...]

So you are saying we should heal OR farm PvP gear. What if I want to play support and still get my gear as easy/fast as a tank? What if I feel more useful healing people and keeping them alive than doing some dps to get medals while my team mates die?

The point here is dpsers are rewarded with almost every medal. Healers need to farm the medals and stop doing their job to get them. But I agree with you, I always try to get as many medals I can get, usually DPSing for the last minutes of a match if we are winning. It's possible for healers to get medals, but they need to stop playing as healers for a part of the match.

Wow... ty for responding to my post but a few things you said really had me scratching my head....

So no 300k healing medal for you. That's a medal every dedicated healer should aim for. If you miss that one to farm dps medals, then you aren't doing your job.

my "job" is like everyone elses, earn what I can for medals to gain better rewards. True, in the back of my mind I should always try to help my team win. But honestly a heal is as good as a kill and either are important to a win.

Don't call yourself a healer if you are playing a hybrid dps/healer. I also play half healer/half dpser for the medals too sometimes, but I think this thread is about pure healers, not hybrids.

I am talking about a pure heal talent build, even as a pure healer (which my main is) I easily hit the top 5 dps on the charts... why? Well mostly because I am active the entire fight and can keep myself alive via heals to stay in the action.

Quick draw, if you focus on healing you need to stop healing someone to kill steal. You can also try to 1v1 but you usually end up healing yourself while a dpser killsteals you.

Quick draw is so easy to get you have to be TRYING not to get it... if you see someone in "kill zone" health (1k or less) you should finish them with your instant ranged abilities. This isn't kill stealing this is pvping and the less of them alive makes your job easier. 1v1 is also insanely easy to get (as a healer you should be able to solo kill most classes - although tanks can be a bit hard) the hard part comes from others helping you thus robbing you of a 1v1.

Commando/Soldier: You don't get these unless you do damage. That's 1 GCD less to heal for every attack. In VS is easy to get them AoE'ing the doors, but for pure healers that stick to healing and aim for the most healing points they can get, these medals are out of their reach.

Seriously? What part of killing the enemy is bad? My forcequake alone usually gives me about 50k damage a match while hitting almost every target that is in my reach. Again, just because I am a pure healer does not mean I should ignore my other very capable skills (cc and dps).

Combatant: Doing 75k+ damage takes longer than healing 125k+, and if you dps your team mates are taking damage and probably dying while you farm medals. For this medal you actually need to farm or be a hybrid, not a pure healer.

Nope... 75k damage as a pure sage healer is as easy to do as 75k heals (if not more so...) each of my ranged attacks dishes out 1k (or more)... that's 75 attacks to reach that medal. Over the entire match 75 hits is very easy to get. When you add in your Forcequake (aoe damage at about 3k dps) you can rack up some serious numbers.

So you are saying we should heal OR farm PvP gear. What if I want to play support and still get my gear as easy/fast as a tank? What if I feel more useful healing people and keeping them alive than doing some dps to get medals while my team mates die?

I am saying as a pure healer you can easily get the dps medals WHILE STILL HEALING the entire match... most encounters I am running around looking for someone to heal. During that time there are plenty of opportunities to dps. I never let someone die that I can heal, but I also never let someone live that I can kill. It all comes down to what is more important for the moment... for example killing a huttball carrier is much more important than me healing a teammate; likewise healing a huttball carrier is more important than me killing an enemy. Away from the ball? It would be my choice and I usually only dps as much as I need to for the medals.

The point here is dpsers are rewarded with almost every medal. Healers need to farm the medals and stop doing their job to get them. But I agree with you, I always try to get as many medals I can get, usually DPSing for the last minutes of a match if we are winning. It's possible for healers to get medals, but they need to stop playing as healers for a part of the match.

That's just it... I don't think BioWare ever intended there to be "healers".... I strongly feel they are showing that all classes are very versatile and even the most pure of healers is a viable dps option.

Edited by Highcommander

L2 5k healing effective medal

healing medals = 2.5 single heal, 5k single heal, 75k heal, 300k healing... just need 1 to complete set.

So he would get 4 medals , your point apart been a troll is ?

the point is that any sentinel watchman or mara annihilation can get 10-12 medals without breaking a sweat , just dpsing all day ( plus getting a healing medals form self heals ) long not caring who dies or not.

On the other hand healer needs to take care them selves , cause none else bothers most of the time , take care the group as well and having to put up all kinds of bs fdrom clueless players.

also healing is severly underpowered , plus you have this ridiculously bugged ui and a hard to manualy target system as well.

On top of that u get 3 medals for 400k heals , which is very tedious to do each game.

Gongratz bioware for failing this as well.

@ op ive re rolled sometime ago ( although i dont plan to resub in this crapfest) and it was the smartest thing ive done in this game .

I can get 6-8 medals as a lowbie dps in almost every match up win or lost and as republic medals rank up pretty fast.

Edited by ursusarctus

@OP, I agree completely. I main a BH healer and the only medals I can get consistently is 2.5K heal, 75k heal, 300k heal, killing blow, 10 kill. Other than that, yea ********. I play with premades quite a bit so sometimes I am on a team with fully geared champion / battlemasters (60+ valor). When they are running 40-50 kills and 10+ medals for doing "their job", while I am keeping 8 people alive and allowing them to wreck face, I get 5. I can sometimes squeeze in the 25k medal, but that is rare and requires a REALLY dumb team. As for the defender medals, yea I get some every now and then, but when you have people to heal and need to run away to save them, well you don't get them that much...

The only upside to being a healer is well.... we are boss... and everyone loves us.