ZEROUMUS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

humm pretty sure that is what this says

Product SKU: 71065

Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $5.00

Reading comprehension skills are not a strong suit of people on this forum. agreed!!!!!

Yes they call it a fee. But that same $5 was deducted from the original price. So you are not in fact paying any extra fee. You paid a deposit for that pre order, nothing more. Look at you actual total that you are paying. It will read 59.99, which is the advertised price of the game. If it doesn't, then I'd get on the phone with them for an explantion. Just make sure if you ordered the box you factor in the shipping.

I would like to remind the group of gamers that likes to pretend they are higher and mightier than the rest of us that yes indeed, EA/bioware DOES OWE US SOMETHING, they owe us something for the $5.00 fee they charged us..

The only thing they owe you is a reserved copy (or digital download) of the game. The $5 comes out of your total cost of the game. So if the DDE is $79.95, you paid $5 of that now and $74.99 when the game ships. You are paying nothing over the advertised cost of the game.

Pretty standard MO for preorder systems.

I totally understand both side of this argument. The thing that bothers me, is that EA/BW are ALREADY pissing off a good amount of players with this EGA system. This definitely wasn't the way I hoped things would start off between the community and the devs... Think that relationship isn't important? How'd that kind of stuff work out for SoE in Galaxies??? Edited by Posttrauma

IF that is TRULY what happened.. then you need to let BioWare/EA know which gamestop you purchased from. Because that, my friend, is entirely illegal for gamestop to do.

Quoting from the receipt:

Star Wars preorder 5.00

Preorder Deposit 5.00

Total 10.00

Edited by Viareggio

I believe i had a $5 fee on my origin pre order. Your attitude is lacking champ.

it's a pre-order fee that will be deducted when it hits your cc bill. big difference from a $5 fee for head start.

I'm amazed how people just can't understand basic english around here. It's hilarious.

Quoting from the recipt: Star Wars preorder 5.00

Preorder Deposit 5.00

Total 10.00

This still shows that there was payment for services rendered (pre-order) and entitles that person to anything that was advertised with it.

Sure, they said up to five days, and they can give people less than that if they choose, but how great of an example of customer service is that? They dangled a carrot and people reached for it. Kinda lame if you ask me.

I totally understand both side of this argument. The thing that bothers me, is that EA/BW are ALREADY pissing off a good amount of players with this EGA system. This definitely wasn't the way I hoped things would start off between the community and the devs... Think that relationship isn't important? How'd that kind of stuff work out for SoE in Galaxies???

Not really, it's the same fan base that is pissed off AT EVERY SINGLE MMO LAUNCH ALWAYS AND FOREVER. No launch is ever as 'smooth' as people claim and there are ALWAYS complainers. I have gotten used to all this drama as 'just another part of playing MMOs'.

Product SKU:

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011

Amount: $54.99

Product SKU:

Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee

Amount: $5.00

Serial Number:

SubTotal: $59.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $4.88

Total: $64.87

Discount: $5.00

scroll down further.

well to totals aren't right, and they charged tax to the $5.00 (according to my bank account)

They have not taken out the game yet.. But the game should be discounted by $5.00 as per that discount listing

Edited by Jixxers

They are liable for the offical launch of their service on December 20th. Anything prior to that is extra, and is not a liability to the company, as the offical launch of the service is that day.

You are legally owed nothing. Same with every other early access that is run by every other company on earth.

Stop with the self-indulgent and entitled atittude.

I totally understand both side of this argument. The thing that bothers me, is that EA/BW are ALREADY pissing off a good amount of players with this EGA system. This definitely wasn't the way I hoped things would start off between the community and the devs... Think that relationship isn't important? How'd that kind of stuff work out for SoE in Galaxies???

I think that relationship is less important now than it was 5 or 10 years ago. As MMO's become more mainstream, the player base is expanding and changing. Forums are becoming a place to whine and complain, instead of the constructive communities that they used to be.

And most of the EGA whiners will either forget about it the second they get in or they would have found something else to complain about. If they were really that upset, they should have cancelled their orders in protest. Throwing tantrums on the forums carries less weight than hitting BW in the wallet.

The pre-launch being started early was to get as many people in BEFORE the promised 5 day window then planned. It helps them since it's like a last beta. Lets face it... it looks like MOST of the people will be in by the 15th or 16th at the latest.

From Origin's site:

"Pre-Order Fee Includes:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

Your card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of the game. After 24 hours this pre-authorization will be released and you will ONLY be charged $5 for the Pre-Order. The balance will be charged when the game is released. If you have questions, please see our Pre-Order FAQ."

So if you are charged the full price later this week and not price minus the 5, then Bioware/EA screwed up.

Most pre-orders are applied to the price of the game -- if you paid an extra $5 that doesn't go to the cost of the game, you got ripped off. Of course, if you just pre-ordered even with no EGA offer, you'd still probably have had to pay a token amount to place the pre-order.

This still shows that there was payment for services rendered (pre-order) and entitles that person to anything that was advertised with it.

Sure, they said up to five days, and they can give people less than that if they choose, but how great of an example of customer service is that? They dangled a carrot and people reached for it. Kinda lame if you ask me.

The guy you are quoting is talking about gamestop. BW has no control over those retailers, and if that truely happened dude got screwed by gamestop and gamestop alone. I only paid 150 in full for my CE and had no extra fees thru gamestop.

Edited by WolfAttack

What you really paid was a deposit to hold a copy for release day. As a bonus for reserving a copy you got UP TO 5 days early access and a color stone.

If your retailer charged you $5 for the pre-order service then that's their policy and you will have to take it up with them. Keep in mind that the price of the game is the Manufactures Suggested Retail Price, a retailer can charge more if they want.

The retailer I ordered from applies the deposit to the final purchase price.

I just want to state up front that i am sure we will all get a decent amount of early access. I am still waiting for mine

HOWEVER

I would like to remind the group of gamers that likes to pretend they are higher and mightier than the rest of us that yes indeed, EA/bioware DOES OWE US SOMETHING, they owe us something for the $5.00 fee they charged us..

so please.. stop being sucks and using the line that we are " lucky " we get early access.... no we are not lucky, we paid for it. If EA does not give a reasonable amount of early access time, it could indeed be considered breach of contract.

AGAIN, i dont think its going to be an issue, i suspect we will all get about 4 days of access. 1 month from now, nobody will care about any of this. I just need to vent on some of the stupid people who make posts thinking they are on higher moral ground than other gamers.

-hands OP some cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack, and some Cheez-its for good measure-

:)

I think it just pretty clearly illustrates the mentality of the gaming community. It clearly said up to, and now people are upset that they didn't get on the first possible day. Sounds like the problem lies more with a delusional player base than with a dishonest developer.

I just want to state up front that i am sure we will all get a decent amount of early access. I am still waiting for mine

HOWEVER

so please.. stop being sucks and using the line that we are " lucky " we get early access.... no we are not lucky, we paid for it. If EA does not give a reasonable amount of early access time, it could indeed be considered breach of contract.

AGAIN, i dont think its going to be an issue, i suspect we will all get about 4 days of access. 1 month from now, nobody will care about any of this. I just need to vent on some of the stupid people who make posts thinking they are on higher moral ground than other gamers.

You're venting over people that think they 'are on higher moral ground than other gamers'? Lol, do you know what irony is? Even though during checkout to buy the game it said $5.00 for early access, the total still came out to $60. Same as any other new game. Also, if you had read things, it said MAY get up to 5 days of access. In no way does BW owe us anything. You are still going to get early access, so stop whining. I don't know how many people have to say the same thing as me to get the point across to people like you. It's time to get off YOUR high horse and stop thinking that you deserve something that you didn't actually pay more for.

Edited by makau

IF that is TRULY what happened.. then you need to let BioWare/EA know which gamestop you purchased from. Because that, my friend, is entirely illegal for gamestop to do.

Definitely.

That would be similar to gamestop charging you $2 to roll a smuggler. The preorder bonus is free to anyone who preorders. Gamestop can't sell that for an additional fee. I'm more inclined to believe it is another case of misunderstanding the deposit, but you're right, if it were true Bioware/EA would go ape****.

Ok, I need to stop bumping this miserable thread with the miserable "$5 Fee" in the title. I should go talk to my bank - apparently they've been charging me thousands of dollars in FEES through this so-called direct deposit program.

Edited by rebellol