The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AFKing is already a huge issue.

Jnaathra

Two at the bottom of this scoreboard are a good example.

Yzerman I know for a fact was sitting in the corner stealthed the entire match. Not sure about the other player with a big fat zero. Team fought tooth and nail while being down two players.

This kinda crap has happened in an extreme way in the last three large MMO titles I have played. All of those games have at least TRIED to have a penalty system in place for such behavior. This title does not.

Edited by Jnaathra

If needs to be fixed NOW, Afkers are lazy good for nothing wasters, that Deserve they accounts perma Banned.

Why the Hell should they get rewarded, for other peoples hard work, they sit in there afk doing nothing, Not contributing, but still get rewarded...At the Very minimum their accounts for be reset to lvl1 with Nothing. so they have to start again and Do all the work them damn selves..

Its getting out of hand. Why Bioware didn't add a WoW like report system is mind boggling.

Bioware :"O WE HAVE A SYSTEM THAT KICKS YOU IF YOU AFK IN THE SPAWN"

Afkers :"O NO WHATEVER WILL WE DO? O YEAH walk out of the spawn and afk."

Also sith sorc afking and self damaging/healing to get massive rewards while still doing nothing is getting crazy.

Edited by Geston

What do you expect when you play a faction full of sociopathic characters that people mass rolled to be on the "winning side". Add to that people who rolled the faction strictly on FASHION SENSE ROFL.

Exactly why I didn't play empire and I was always horde. That said...Really wish they would change my flash grenade to 60 seconds (from 90), seeing my mirror has the exact same spell with a 60 second cooldown.

For those that missed out in WoW, horde started to SUCK in newer servers because of all the rerolls and mass afk'rs. Enjoy. We kick the @$#@ out of Empire on our server in every pug. Literally the only time they win is premades. Worst pvp'rs I have ever seen.

Its getting out of hand. Why Bioware didn't add a WoW like report system is mind boggling.

Bioware :"O WE HAVE A SYSTEM THAT KICKS YOU IF YOU AFK IN THE SPAWN"

Afkers :"O NO WHATEVER WILL WE DO? O YEAH walk out of the spawn and afk."

Also sith sorc afking and self damaging/healing to get massive rewards while still doing nothing is getting crazy.

EA wants their money. An AFKer is still making them money.

If they don't respond to this within the next few weeks, when people start pvping more because they've gained some lvls and/or look for a change of pace from pve, I'm quite certain the AFKs will become the standard mindset for players. "If you can't beat em, join em". It's happened before, it'll happen again.

Folks like us give it justifiable attention in asking for action, more people become aware of it that go to the boards, these people bring it up in the game chat, word is spread that its rampant and these people experience it, more people give up and just afk because they can.

I have a feeling that the fix to this is going to be a few "solutions" in the upcoming months.

1) They nerf or remove loss rewards in an extremely poor effort to make people try to win. Note that this will kill off active warzone population and begin an onslaught of bad publicity from upset players (it always happens anyway). It won't stop AFKers anyway because any reward for doing nothing is still a reward (or the possibility of a reward for victory in the case of loss spoils removed).

2) The option to report people. Always good to have. It helps, but it's almost meaningless unless they make it known that you will be banned or maybe stripped of all spoils/items for first offense (harsher consequences for repeat offense).

3) They add in additional methods to be found afk in lack of action. This can actually be quite hurtful to active players as well due to the buggy UI and game mechanics. Say for example they require you to perform some action to an opposing player within so many minutes. This will force healers to always be mindful that they need to stop healing and actively seek out someone to attack and probably die to. Not to mention defensive players that guard claim locations... not really that prevalent currently, but you get the idea.

No one can prevent AFKers entirely, but they need to take a stand early to shy people away before it becomes burned into the mind that you can get away with it. I'll admit that if it gets out of hand without any action, I'll probably be joining their ranks simply because they won't take action against such a large number of people doing the same thing. It's the exact same mentality of how it went down in WoW before. You have to be crazy (and have horrible business practice) to reprimand thousands, if not millions, of people for something that is consequently considered "normal" because you failed to stop it.

Sorry, but I have q'd for pvp a number of times only to enter as the game finished and scoreboard pops up. I didn't have a chance to enter the playfield and my score was 0 across the board. I'm sure there are some unscrupulous people who afk during the match but that is not always the case.

Sorry, but I have q'd for pvp a number of times only to enter as the game finished and scoreboard pops up. I didn't have a chance to enter the playfield and my score was 0 across the board. I'm sure there are some unscrupulous people who afk during the match but that is not always the case.

This is not about that at all. This is about people literally sitting in a corner afk. Like on their *** and afk flagged, yet still getting credit.

Yzerman I know for a fact was sitting in the corner stealthed the entire match. Not sure about the other player with a big fat zero. Team fought tooth and nail while being down two players.

This kinda crap has happened in an extreme way in the last three large MMO titles I have played. All of those games have at least TRIED to have a penalty system in place for such behavior. This title does not.

To be fair(not saying in this case) I have gotten into games late because people left or for whatever reason and it ends before I can even hit anyone.

So take this with grain of salt.

in my hutball yesterday there was an afk enemy at the ledge where i needed to score. so i force charged him, got the score, and did it again and again and again.

gee gee

Yea I saw this happening all day yesterday. Some guy was AFKing right next to the line, and a BH kept grappling to him and scoring. Game lasted all of 3 minutes lol

AFKers where on our server literally day one, I personally reported, Made a post (that was deleted), among others that did the same exact thing.

Yet we still have the same afk bot (ladaygags?)

It's clear that either bio doesn't care and just wants sub money

Or they do not have the resources to ban them.

Either or is a terrible sign for this game.

and in game customer support is non existent.

Yes its horrible and there's nothing you can do. We had 2 afks in my last Huttball.

lol afk'rs. I think it's funny.

Every game has it. Call of Duty, WoW, ect..

Don't say the W word D:

god i hated that game10-20 afkers on each team for every AV.

Post on forums about it. "QQ more, let people play how they want"

"Honors so hard to grind so people have to bot!"

"FIX ARENAS SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO AFK!"

kwejtaotjioj3iot63n906u3906345690

DEATH TO AFKERS, I WANT TO BASH IN SKULLS

FOR THE REPUBLIC OF RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!