So i found a lvl 13 character farming lvl 45 security chests.

SinisterWarlock

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe people should stop being give up dogs and worry about what they are doing in the game.

You aren't gonna get a pat on the head from mum for being a good little nerdy dobber.

Yeah ignore those people who bot, hack, exploit, nothing to do with it. Let them go about their business /sarcasm.

lol now we cant even explore planets without someone making a fuss, really, get off your high horse, and go enjoy the game, clearly hes doing what he wants to, he paid, hes enjoying his time, end of story

Agreed, he didn't break any rules. I wouldn't do it, but he can do as he pleases as he is not hurting anyone.

A very good reason to require minimum level requirements for planets.

That's not fair if someone can survive a trip into a area (without exploiting) 30+ levels above them then more power to them.

My harvest skill is way above my actual level due to crew mission and so forth, should I decide to risk my neck getting to a area way above my level to scavenge and so forth that's my business.

Now if the OP level 13 guy is a bot then yes should be reported.

I noticed this could be done in other planets too, was exploring and in spots where imp players need to kill republic troops (and vice versa) every mob is friendly to you so you can loot any chest that happens to be in the area. It's also really easy to pk others in those places because the mobs are on your side lol.

Obviously this is a flaw and needs to be fixed, exploiting it by camping the boxes should not be allowed.

It was obviously never intended that a level 13 can earn more money per hour than a level 50 farming non stop, and just by doing basically nothing too. Therefore it is an exploit.

and yet, Exploits (technically) aren't against the rules.

Exploits are ways of finding loopholes in the rules, and as long as you do not negatively affect others gameplay, they are fair game until they are fixed.

Getting a lvl 13 into a lvl 50 area, sure, probably exploiting the stealth system a bit, definitely exploiting the mob aggro, but not against the rules.

Now, if we go back to Asheron's Call with the Platinum Scarab bug... THAT was an "exploit" that crossed the line.

See, the vendors suffered from a classic "rollover" bug when it came to pricing.

Basically, when you bought over 4.2 BILLION pyreals (p) of something it would roll over to -1. But, since all buy prices were switched to positive, it would be 1p to buy something.

Platinum Scarabs were the most expensive vendor item in the game at 44,000p to buy (22,000p to sell) a piece.

So, if you bought ~ 96,000 of them in one shot, it would only cost you 1p.

Buy 96,000 at 1p, then turn around and sell them at 22,000p EACH.

They did a game-wide 3 day rollback because of that bug. :eek:

Edited by Taelin

Actually, quite often in these games, going against "the spirit of the game" can be considered an exploit. In other words, if you are doing something that is not really intended. The biggest issue is saying someone is a gold seller without proof. Anyone can farm chests. Nothing wrong with that. This may well be a gold farmer, but they can't just arbitrarily ban anyone farming chests. They need to be sure.

Most game slap a high level mob by chests and resources for this reason. And they will probably need to do this as well.

Actually, quite often in these games, going against "the spirit of the game" can be considered an exploit. In other words, if you are doing something that is not really intended. The biggest issue is saying someone is a gold seller without proof. Anyone can farm chests. Nothing wrong with that. This may well be a gold farmer, but they can't just arbitrarily ban anyone farming chests. They need to be sure.

Most game slap a high level mob by chests and resources for this reason. And they will probably need to do this as well.

Or they could give the chests a min level requirement for opening them. Solved, no more probable level 13 gold farmer alts farming them 23/7.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

Wait, so let me get this straight.

If a level 45 farms those 24/7 it's all fine and dandy, but if a level 13 does it, it's somehow bad? I'm seriously not seeing the problem here...

It's simple, he doesn't like seeing someone 30 levels below him on his planet.

It makes his superiority complex flare up.

Should i report him? he's in a lvl 45+ zone as a level 13 camping the security chest spawn.

I remember you! In grade 2 werent you the kid that ran and told teacher because I showed you the finger?

I see you still havent gotten past it.

By the same logic should we report level 50 players who go back to low zones since they don't belong there? I don't think so.

You could report them and let BioWare decide if they are up to no good, but if it's just some dude who took his lowbie out to slice some boxes, I see no harm in that. They should be left alone.

Try it but he will just find another place to do it (shrugs)

Once you get your ship you can turn in the commendations from the flt missions for the lock boxes. I was getting lvl 50 items at lvl 18 from doing this.

My apologies, but what do you mean 'fit mission'?