The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

maintenance 8 hours?!!?!?!?!?!

xfightx

Read your Terms of Use more closely. Patching and maintenance is part of online gaming. If you can't handle that, then maybe this isn't the right game for you.

Also, two maintenance in which downtime is increased by 2 hours is not indicative of a scaling increase in maintenance. The next one could be 4 hours. Doesn't mean the one after that is going to be -2 hours.

i dont understand why it take them 8 hours... it just insane amount of time.

almost half day.....

LOL @ 8 hours being almost half a day....

Edited by aznthecapn

Human beings sleep typically 8 hours in every 24 so .. LOL @ your LOL.

So....you don't count the time you sleep as part of the day? I do. Most people do. He didn't say "that's almost all my time awake". He wouldn't need to say almost.

I know they told you a GED is like finishing high school...but it isn't.

Cry more, I'm sure you came from WoW like most players and they have like a 10 hour+ weekly maintenance.

Actually, most WoW maintenance now is rolling server restarts. 15 minutes downtime a week, tops. Once a month or so you'll see a 6 hour maintenance beginning at 5am PST but that usually finishes early.

almost half day..... this is first mmo i am playing that incrasing there maintenance by 2 hours teach week...

so afther 1 month we will have 1 day mainteance?

Maybe you could go outside and get some sunlight. You can maybe catch up on some sleep or remembering to eat. You won't die if the game is down for 8 hours.

You don't understand what takes so long for maintenance because you've never done maintenance before. Would you like to call Bioware and share your solution on how to make it go faster? Do you want someone doing the maintenance to give an explanation on why this takes such a long time instead of preparing for maintenance? No? Then maybe you're asking the forums because obviously people here would know better. Not that either? Then maybe you're just mad and want other people to cry with you.

TL;DR you could use the break.

LOLIMAD?

almost half day..... this is first mmo i am playing that incrasing there maintenance by 2 hours teach week...

Keep in mind that a server isn't just one box, and they have many servers that must get patched. At release, it typically takes longer because they are refining the process, but 4 to 8 hours is pretty standard downtime for MMOs.

1/3 is almost 1/2... from a certain point of view...

?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek::confused::jawa_confused:

12 hours is half a day, i would say 8 arent that fra from being almost half a day :rolleyes:

Four hours is plenty far enough to not be "almost".

Edited by aznthecapn

First world problems.