The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 10-50s together in a warzone is the dumbest thing in MMO history

TheMove

At this point, I'd like to see:

1) Put 50's in their own bracket.

2) Buff bolster slightly in the 10-49 range (bolster's needed a buff since beta).

I'd love to see a solution that allows 50's to be with everyone else (because it's great for queue times), but realistically, level 50 gear progression keeps that from being a viable option.

As far as 10-49 goes, a very small buff to bolster would go a long way. Bolster already works quite well all things considered - it just needs tiny bits of tuning.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever came up with bolster should be promoted for coming up with the best idea ever.

- No long queues

- No twink ********

- No need to cross servers to get players for PvP. Keeps server rivalries intact.

A big hell no to brackets and twinking. I'd go back to WoW if I wanted that.

why care about twinks when you can have a massive farm fest 24/7.

oh wait, the level 50s are now the twinks. your statement failed.

Edited by Fitte

The bolster system worked fine until people got 50 and started getting decked out in PvP gear.

Last week the warzones were very playable. Now? It's pathetic. Skill no longer matters, it's who has the most 50's in PvP gear. A lv50 tank decked out in PvP gear can take on 2-3 people on by himself. With a healer? - LOL.

50's need their own bracket. NOW! Leaving the 10-49 bracket together is fine, but 50's need to be separated.

Edited by Amythiel

You're all thinking of this backwards... The real solution is to give level tens all the level 50 abilities just for Warzones. Once the confusion sets in they won't know what to do and will stop qing, see how they like to play with all their ability bars full.

I actualy love this system, it's not gear based like WoW where ppl can pay for a spot on an arena team, get good gear and one shot in BG's with no skill.

Level tens can be good, the problem is that most people suck at pvp and have tunnel vision.

They really need to make pre-mades go against pre-mades only though.

Edited by Paralassa
content

You're all thinking of this backwards... The real solution is to give level tens all the level 50 abilities just for Warzones. Once the confusion sets in they won't know what to do and will stop qing, see how they like to play with all their ability bars full.

I actualy love this system, it's not gear based like WoW where ppl can pay for a spot on an arena team, get good gear and one shot in BG's with no skill.

Level tens can be good, the problem is that most people suck at pvp and have tunnel vision.

They really need to make pre-mades go against pre-mades only though.

What game are you playing? The real problems turned up when the 50s got your so called " gear based" gear. and people are acutally getting 3 shooted pretty much.

and yeah, give us level 50 abilityes, why would we not know what to do with them? you think your better at reading the ability tooltips than the non-level 50's. lmao. douce.

i say it again, ignorant people just put a smile on my face.

Edited by Paralassa
quote of bad content

You do realize you get buffed to have similar dps/health as the 50's right?

Really?

'Cause I sure as hell don't see my HP as high as 16,000 as the myriad of lvl 50's.

This is *********** RETARDED and I wish I could piss on the developer who made this decision.

I'm unsubscribing.

Edited by MrOuija

why care about twinks when you can have a massive farm fest 24/7.

oh wait, the level 50s are now the twinks. your statement failed.

A top level 50 is now considered a twink?

The only real problem now is heavily geared guilds joining as groups while all at L50. It unbalances the entire match greatly. Hard enough to beat a well coordinated guild using vent as it is. Add in champion gear and all at L50 and it is a farm-fest.

Hopefully the matchmaker will be improved.

I was scared the first time i went in the bg's and saw lvl 50's but after doing a few i feel i can hold my own considering they have more skills than i do.

i normally avoid pvp like it's the plague but i find the warzones to be fun and i don't get stomped like i do in other games when i pvp at max level with all the other max level characters.

I feel like if all people want to do is complain about stuff maybe they should find othe ways to spend their time....

Its not the levels that will cause problems, its the level 50 battlegear. I've pvp'd a rediculous amount since early release and after lvl 20, the disparity between an averagely geared 50 isn't so great. You can definitively be an effective member of the team.

But once battle gear comes into the picture, forget about it. I've been playing the same repubs since the start, and they were very good, but beatable even at 50. Recently however, there is a drastic increase to the damage they do and an equally drastic decrease in damage they take. Same people, same level disparity (me in my 30s then at 50), but two different experiences. The obvious conclusion is they finally earned their gear. At this point, there's nothing anyone not similarly geared can, not even other level 50s make a much of a dent.

Its the gear gear gear, scaling some classes too well.

Edited by Sowwy

A top level 50 is now considered a twink?

The only real problem now is heavily geared guilds joining as groups while all at L50. It unbalances the entire match greatly. Hard enough to beat a well coordinated guild using vent as it is. Add in champion gear and all at L50 and it is a farm-fest.

Hopefully the matchmaker will be improved.

Yeah i dont really see the diffrence, fighting a level 19 twinked rogue in wow with dmg/health and defence advantage on me, or fighting a level 50 with the same advantage with his champion gear in this game. ^^ You tell me, in this game he also got double as many abilities or more than me =) to bash my pretty face with =)

Edited by Fitte

Yeah i dont really see the diffrence, fighting a level 19 twinked rogue in wow with dmg/health and defence advantage on me, or fighting a level 50 with the same advantage with his champion gear in this game. ^^ You tell me

Absolutely. I do much better in this game under the bolster system than I ever did in the lower brackets against twinked out characters in WoW by a long shot.

Some painful memories of that twink crap in WoW. In this game I have always had fun in PvP with the exception of being gang ***** by a bunch of L50 geared guildies which thankfully has been rare so far.

Adding brackets will not solve the problem. A better matchmaker will imho.

Edited by Hellapain

Absolutely. I do much better in this game under the bolster system than I ever did in the lower brackets against twinked out characters in WoW by a long shot.

Some painful memories of that twink crap in WoW. In this game I have always had fun in PvP with the exception of being gang ***** by a bunch of L50 geared guildies which thankfully has been rare so far.

Just be glad your not on my server then, i enjoyed pvp so much weeks ago, before the 50s turned up and got gear. now its a completly other experience for me to join a battleground.

Just be glad your not on my server then, i enjoyed pvp so much weeks ago, before the 50s turned up and got gear. now its a completly other experience for me to join a battleground.

Adding brackets will not solve the problem with the exception of maybe making a L50 only bracket. That I'm not opposed to as a short-term solution until a more intelligent matchmaker can be implemented.

Adding brackets will not solve the problem with the exception of maybe making a L50 only bracket. That I'm not opposed to as a short-term solution until a more intelligent matchmaker can be implemented.

Problem is, in the meantime alot of the people who rushed to 50 just got pretty much awarded free high end pvp gear for farming your and mine *** over and over ^^

This is a system that should never had got any further than a beta test.

You do realize you get buffed to have similar dps/health as the 50's right?

Wrong...........................

Similar stats & health, doesnt account for gear or weapons where the bulk of your dps is generated.

My lvl 37 trooper hits lvl 50's with gravity bolt for between 700 - 1200dmg, they in turn hit me for 3k+

All bostering does is increase my life expectancy by about 3 seconds

Even if they did put a reasonable bracket in place (10-29, 30-50) There would still be people moaning about the fact of loosing.

Not 30-50: that's still unfair. I have 12k hp with bolster. Lvl 50's have 16k hp on Scepter of Ragnos, and fully decked Expertise gear will make quick work of anyone 10-49.

The OP is not as eloquent as can be, but still his point remains valid. To the people who disagree with level brackets here are several questions:

• Is having level 10s vs level 50s an optimal experience for players?
  • Is it fun to face players (while much lower level) who have superior gear and abilities?
  • Does the PVP community benefit from rather one-sided matches between the sides? (the overpopulated being the more victiorious statistically as they have more high level players...)

In my experience thus far, PVP warzones have become a bore. Sure at low levels I get buffs to damage and health, but the sheer gear difference and ability difference is very apparent. If you are not stunlocked you are crit to death, or a combination of the two. On Republic you end up being outnumbered, with one level 50 on your team and the Sith sporting five level 50s or more. With a severe lack of pre-30 open world PVP, there should at least be some fixes made to the current Warzone system.

Its not the levels that will cause problems, its the level 50 battlegear.

This. PvP being overly gear dependent is why I stopped doing it in WoW. I'm having fun right now becase there aren't a lot of geared 50s on my sever, but in a few months that's going to change.

Edited by Abanoth