1 Day of Early Access... yay?

Jowy

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they changed it to 7 days when they knew that they would NOT be able to get everyone in for even at least 1 day of EA. They need to bite the bullet and let everyone in.

BioWare needs to allow all pre-orders into the EA tomorrow.

I would be so happy if they did. But they won't.

Again like millions of time we have said. All matters is the launch and its not out yet. Early Access was a chance like lottery. We knew this ages ago. Up to 5 Days means, you can get at least 1 day.

Up to 5 Days : Up to 5 Days. It's not 5 days. It's Up to 5 days.

now please tell me you got it!...

Edited by Joshbonrise

I believe they changed it to 7 days when they knew that they would NOT be able to get everyone in for even at least 1 day of EA. They need to bite the bullet and let everyone in.

BioWare needs to allow all pre-orders into the EA tomorrow.

I think they are trying to reward ALL of us by getting us in so we can get the whole 5 days and knew they couldnt do it all on the first day.

Again like millions of time we have said. All matters is the launch and its not out yet. Early Access was a chance like lottery. We knew this ages ago. Up to 5 Days means, you can get at least 1 day.

Up to 5 Days : Up to 5 Days. It's not 5 days. It's Up to 5 days.

now please tell me you got it!...

Say it with me now!

When I go to McDonalds, I pay the same amount for my big mac as the guy 3 spaces in front of me in line, but he gets his burger first. *** McDonalds, y u no fair?!

That is becuase he got there first. If you went early you would have gotten there before.

The issue with this is when you go to McDonalds they don't let you in for 6 days even when they have room.

As a reasonable person i will give McDonald's 2 days to understand and correct their mistake. If not i will just move on to Jack in the box (IE GW2)

Edited by Jigss

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Obviously you didnt buy the game in July ... you would think that after 25 years of gaming you would have the foresight to pre-order the game when it comes out ... not wait 5 months and then cry on the foums because BW didnt bend over and let you in.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time.

So you would punish those with less money??? ;)

Communication is what the problem is. When do we get in again??

Oh wait. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I have an idea when I get in ... when I get the email that SAYS I can get in ... could be tomorrow, could be the 19th ... my bad for not purchasing the game fast enough!

taken from http://www.swtor.com/PREORDER/FAQ

It clearly states that the 5$ taken has already been taken for the pre-order and that they will charge the full amount( as if you bought the legitimate game ) on the 16th....wether or not you get what you paid for in the first place.

At the time of pre-order purchase: $5/€5/£5 (for Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition) or $20/€20/£15 (for Collector’s Edition) at the time of pre-order, for which you will receive the Pre-Order Code that entitles you to the pre-order offers, including Early Game Access and an exclusive pre-order in-game Color Stone.

At the time the full purchase of your official Game is fulfilled: The price for the edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic you had pre-ordered, minus the $5/€5/£5 or $20/€20/£15 already charged at the time of pre-order.

Remember that in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic you will require a recurring subscription or the redemption of a Pre-Paid Game Time Code. Recurring subscriptions will be available for purchase at http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. Pre-paid Game Time Codes can also be purchased at some retailers or through

Read the bold, they minus the $5

Communication is what the problem is. When do we get in again??

Oh wait. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

stop complaining, it has been known for MONTHS early access would be staggered. It has also been known AGAIN FOR MONTHS that it would be dependent on when you put in your Early access code. everyone knew the longer you wait the less time you would have.

as far as i can tell bioware has kept their part of the bargain, the only issue is idiots who didnt read anything before hand. im sorry you dont get in on the first day, but honestly the only people i feel sorry for are those who preorded the day it was released and still arent in.

Obviously you didnt buy the game in July ... you would think that after 25 years of gaming you would have the foresight to pre-order the game when it comes out ... not wait 5 months and then cry on the foums because BW didnt bend over and let you in.

I've only been gaming for about 11 years, but this is the first time in those eleven years and about 8 mmo launches that I've ever seen two people pay the same amount for a pre order and not get early access at the same time.

Edited by Vember

I've only been gaming for about 11 years, but this is the first time in those eleven years and about 8 mmo launches that I've ever seen two people pay the same amount for a pre order and not get the same amount of play time from a developer.

The earlier you payed the earlier you got in ... that is what they came up with and I could not agree more with them.

The only reason I pre ordered the game was because of the offer to get early access!! When I payed for the game, I did so because it was advertised as getting the 5 days early access. And now Im being told that I might not get the 5 days? Well thats bull ****! You advertised a product and made sales due to certain promotions and now your promotion has changed just before its due. Pretty sure there are laws against this. You cant just sell an item under a promotion, make record pre order sales and then just decide "oh wait...nah you might not get your 5 days now".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.