The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS Sorcerer / Sage needs a hard nerf

dexvx

stop lying op

you have never played a sage/inquisitor if you think they are overpowerd.

prob. just got ownd by one cause you didn't use your rupt, break LOS or actually dps him down

if you want to see a op class try the imp agent/smuggler and tropper/BH which can dish out the amount of dmg you describe, while having more survivability.

You caught me red-handed.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/dexvx/Sorc2.png

Edit: I spelled your name wrong :( Will fix.

Edited by dexvx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without expertise, your sorc will just fall over. It's pretty miserable for the first few days, tbh. However, once you get expertise gear, the scaling seems quite amazing (I'm not too sure why, mathematically it doesn't make sense to me yet).

I'm not endorsing said person, but you can check out this guy's PvP videos (Jedi Sage). Some of the stuff is a bit biased and cherry picked, but it's always amusing to watch, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/faction60#g/u

I have some expertise and I do good damage over the course of a warzone, buy my burst damage is non existant.

Madness spec: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7040/473k.png

Good damage, other classes are totally capable of this overall damage aswell, but I have no burst.

Lightning spec is supposed to be the burst spec, but its damage is pathetic. It is just not possible to kill someone in 3 gcds like you claim. My highest hitting ability is death field on a 15 sec CD and it crits for 2.5-3k. We dont have the 5-7k crits that operatives and juggernauts have.

I have some expertise and I do good damage over the course of a warzone, buy my burst damage is non existant.

Madness spec: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7040/473k.png

Good damage, other classes are totally capable of this overall damage aswell, but I have no burst.

Lightning spec is supposed to be the burst spec, but its damage is pathetic. It is just not possible to kill someone in 3 gcds like you claim. My highest hitting ability is death field on a 15 sec CD and it crits for 2.5-3k. We dont have the 5-7k crits that operatives and juggernauts have.

Biggest burst possible to us is like 2-3 wrath procced chain lightnings with lucky crits with surge relic active. I doubt it is sufficient to kill a single person with max health.

Problem with sorc damage nerfs (which aren't really needed in the first place) is that this would make DPS sorcerers non-viable for raids.

Edited by Arunas

After being in a warzone with an Operative who managed over 375K damage (including receiving a medal for 5K+ dmg in a single hit), able to kill nearly any enemy player by the time stunlock ends, and winding up with a 56-0 k/d score, I am unimpressed by that screenshot.

Yup, the OP is a bad PvPer is what it boils down to. Some people aren't cut out for PvP simply because they can't stand dying to another person. It affronts their sense of......something.......

The classes are fairly well balanced. When looking to improve PvP, class balance is definitely something that BW doesn't need to focus on.

Yup, the OP is a bad PvPer is what it boils down to. Some people aren't cut out for PvP simply because they can't stand dying to another person. It affronts their sense of......something.......

The classes are fairly well balanced. When looking to improve PvP, class balance is definitely something that BW doesn't need to focus on.

The OP plays a sorc and is asking for a sorc nerf. The OP posted a screenshot to prove it a few posts ago. Why would a bad pvper ask for a nerf? I'm not saying I agree with any nerfs, but your post doesn't make a lot of sense.

The OP plays a sorc and is asking for a sorc nerf. The OP posted a screenshot to prove it a few posts ago. Why would a bad pvper ask for a nerf? I'm not saying I agree with any nerfs, but your post doesn't make a lot of sense.

How does him being a sorcerer acquit him of being a bad PvPer? It doesn't. If anything it reinforces the fact that he is, especially if he's having a hard time killing other sorcerers. As has been proven by dozens of other screenshots in dozens of threads LOTS of classes have great DPS, cc, and survivability as well.

However, this is Star Wars, and people wonder why so many people choose force using classes. The op is a bad PvPer, who came to the forums to cry and troll.

You caught me red-handed.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/dexvx/Sorc2.png

Edit: I spelled your name wrong :( Will fix.

Their is no way your going to 3 shot an opponent, with that gear vs and EQUALLY geared player ( lets say an Assassin or Operative, or even a Bounty hunter)

Your DoTs will do some excellent damage

but an Operatives hidden strike will do twice that in one gcd.

P.S.

Your screenshot reminds me of a cropped inspection window..hard to tell thats you without a name.

Edited by Sirolos

This is coming from a 50 Sith Sorcerer.

The DPS tree does far too much damage in relation to the utility that the class has. With full epic PvP gear, you can literally kill anyone within the duration of your stun (which is about 3 GCD's) unless they use damage reduction cool-downs that far exceed the cool-downs you are using. We're not talking about some poor lvl 10 victim, but other lvl 50's with about half epic PvP gear. The damage output by a single sage/sorcerer literally outdoes two full epic geared healers (mainly due to the trauma mechanic being very effective of stopping heal scaling in PvP).

The way the classes are setup, it's far too difficult to remove utility abilities without affecting the other specs. The easiest way would be a flat damage nerf from coefficients. Something along the lines of a 30-50% drop in force power scaling as well as nerfing the base damage of some stacking abilities in the Madness tree.

Don't bring sage into this, all their abilities have loooong animations and travel times making them far weaker then their alleged mirror.

This is coming from a 50 Sith Sorcerer.

The DPS tree does far too much damage in relation to the utility that the class has. With full epic PvP gear, you can literally kill anyone within the duration of your stun (which is about 3 GCD's) unless they use damage reduction cool-downs that far exceed the cool-downs you are using. We're not talking about some poor lvl 10 victim, but other lvl 50's with about half epic PvP gear. The damage output by a single sage/sorcerer literally outdoes two full epic geared healers (mainly due to the trauma mechanic being very effective of stopping heal scaling in PvP).

The way the classes are setup, it's far too difficult to remove utility abilities without affecting the other specs. The easiest way would be a flat damage nerf from coefficients. Something along the lines of a 30-50% drop in force power scaling as well as nerfing the base damage of some stacking abilities in the Madness tree.

Coming from a Sage @ lvl 30, I agree we deal a ton of damage but, I totally refuse to see the nerf hammer being dropped upon my class before anything is done to fix the IA & Smugglers... 'Cos right now, I think along with maybe BH & Troopers, there's almost nothing to compete with them in term of dmg dealt.

If you nerf Sorc/Sage it'll be a damn mess.

Altho I agree ... we do deal a massive load of dmg but this can all be mitigated and countered.

Edited by NinjaScroll

It doesn't need anymore proof than that I can beat every other class in the 1 vs 1 battle than sorcerer. Unless the sorcerer player is complete idiot. And another proof and all the proof you need is the volume that people keep complaining about sorcerer/sage. People wouldn't cry for nerf if they could acutally kill them sometimes.

3 days /played to 50? ;(

My pvp levelling must be really slow then. im at 2 days 11 hours and only level 31.. and pretty much everyone i've whispered to is much further behind me in terms of time:level

odd that "everybody" is getting to 50 in 3 days though.. hmm all those everybodies that dont exist

It doesn't need anymore proof than that I can beat every other class in the 1 vs 1 battle than sorcerer. Unless the sorcerer player is complete idiot. And another proof and all the proof you need is the volume that people keep complaining about sorcerer/sage. People wouldn't cry for nerf if they could acutally kill them sometimes.

People can kill them.

A lot of times

My shadow has NO problem killing Sorcs or Sages

Nerf them though, I could use some easier kills

Let me get your logic. I am a bad PvP'er, therefore I am asking for a nerf to my own class. How does that even make sense? Usually bad PvP'ers cry about how their class sucks compared to every other class and ask for buffs. Or maybe I am secretly rerolling Operative! :rolleyes:

Logically, the argument is that you play Sorcerer and know it is overpowered; you are trying to convince us that it is not.

It's interesting that you bring in the bad PvP'er ad-hominem. Currently, there is no way to determine how "good" of a PvP'er you are. Valor rank is simply a long grind. Those that leveled their way via PvP have an instant advantage over those that leveled via PvE. There are no Arenas (no, I am not advocating BioWare bring them) where there is some semblance of an Elo rating system.

I can post a link to my currently defunct WoW character that has a Gladiator title (for those of you that don't know, it is a top 0.5% PvP Elo for a particular season). Does that make me good? And no, I'm not resubscribing and giving Activision money to type crap in a textbox.

3 days /played to 50? ;(

My pvp levelling must be really slow then. im at 2 days 11 hours and only level 31.. and pretty much everyone i've whispered to is much further behind me in terms of time:level

odd that "everybody" is getting to 50 in 3 days though.. hmm all those everybodies that dont exist

I was about 3d 8h /played to 50. Going pure PvE questing is far faster than PvP. I didn't even space bar through a lot of cut-scenes either. And just because you can get to 50 in 3d /played does not mean everyone is level 50, 2+ weeks after release. You are still looking at about 80 hours of gameplay. Currently it seems most of the casuals that started at early release (who play 15-20 hours/week) are around lvl 30-40.

Your screenshot reminds me of a cropped inspection window..hard to tell thats you without a name.

Your character name does not equate account name. What do you want me to do? Open the GTM type in "I am trolling on the forums!" while at the same time having a chat-box open that says "Hi Sirolos?"

Edited by dexvx

Oh. This thread again. Where have I heard this before? Allow me to be a psychic detective for a minute....

I predict a lot of people will reply to this thread by simply agreeing with you and saying that the Sorcerer/Sage is really OP. I predict a good amount of people will talk about this one time they saw a Sorcerer in a warzone and couldn't kill him. I predict a few people will come in here with logical arguments as to why crying about any class being OP at this point is stupid.

I don't say these things because there have been 1,000+ threads on this same exact topic already and it's getting old and predictable... I say these things because I'm a psychic. I swear.

There was this 1 time in a warzone there was this sith inquisitor and nobody could kill him

Let me get your logic. I am a bad PvP'er, therefore I am asking for a nerf to my own class. How does that even make sense? Usually bad PvP'ers cry about how their class sucks compared to every other class and ask for buffs. Or maybe I am secretly rerolling Operative! :rolleyes:

Logically, the argument is that you play Sorcerer and know it is overpowered; you are trying to convince us that it is not.

It's interesting that you bring in the bad PvP'er ad-hominem. Currently, there is no way to determine how "good" of a PvP'er you are. Valor rank is simply a long grind. Those that leveled their way via PvP have an instant advantage over those that leveled via PvE. There are no Arenas (no, I am not advocating BioWare bring them) where there is some semblance of an Elo rating system.

I can post a link to my currently defunct WoW character that has a Gladiator title (for those of you that don't know, it is a top 0.5% PvP Elo for a particular season). Does that make me good? And no, I'm not resubscribing and giving Activision money to type crap in a textbox.

No one is interested in your WoW character, and I laugh at the idea of bringing that up. I was a glad/arena master.......comp/fotm class > skill. Bringing up arena on these forums is not a good idea.

Where I got that you're a bad PvPer from is the fact that you're on the forums crying about a class that is perfectly fine; regardless of whether or not you are that class. Most likely you are simply encountering players better than you, who are beating you. The only ones who seriously believe that Sages and Sorcerers are OP are those that are truly bad, die, and cry about it on the forums. There are several classes that can one shot force armor and finish the toon in a few more shots.

Still waiting to hear this magical 2345 rotation that kills other players in the space of a single electrocute or outdamages two healers, etc. Some pretty outrageous claims have been made to support the supposed need for nerfs, but none of these claims are actually backed up in any way.

Any one can come here and claim that any advanced class is OP and needs to be nerfed, but that doesn't make it so.

Edited by Wintermutes