THIS day will SCAR BIOWARE

badjezus

Even if they "WONT get up to 5 days". It's not lying, maybe you should try and understand English. Up to 5 days includes the length of the EGA being potentially 1, 2, 3, 4 (or 5) days. So if you pre ordered yesterday, and get 1 day, that's "Up to 5 days", see? Ergo not lying.

Difficult I know.

Is this the first MMO ever made? You SERIOUSLY think its ok to advertise something you're not giving?

Really? I mean REALLY?

If i told my friend to buy the game through that ad and i talked them into it saying, "dude....you could totally be playing tomorrow" and he did...while i KNEW he wouldn't be playing tomorrow would cause me to lose credibility.

Respect....difficult i know. If the ad said, "depending on previous pre-orders, you could get early access" you would be right.

But...alas....your lack understanding of corporate marketing makes you wrong.

Heres your towel.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those getting worked up about it, you are suffering due to your own sense of entitlement- not Bioware's actions. From the start they said you'd get up to 5 days early access (which they made to 7) based on when you pre-ordered, the fact that some of you waited until late november or even early December (like me) to do so is your own problem - you managed to wait up to two years for the game, what's a couple of days now?

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

The more threads you see, the funnier it gets.

ENRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEE!!!!!

Say that were all QQing, but when you make PAYING CUSTOMERS angry (Like many of us are), SOMETHING IS NOT GOING RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS. Why is this so hard to understand. I don't care if I was or was not entitled to 5 days of EA or not. Hundreds of thousands of customers are Pissed Off and this IS BAD FOR EVERYONE, For us and Bioware. This will hurt Bioware in the long run. Many of us will continue to reluctantly wait to play the game, but we won't forget this day and the impression it has given us.... and this launch could end being a costly mistake by Bioware down the road.

Interesting. We haven't fully paid for the game yet.....so I'm not sure how we are fully paying customers as of yet....

ME1 and DAO are the only good games released from BioWare in a while so it's not like they have a perfect record or anything more than a bunch of delusional fanboys that think BioWare can do no wrong even though ME2 and DA2 were horrible games. Sheep.

Is this the first MMO ever made? You SERIOUSLY think its ok to advertise something you're not giving?

Really? I mean REALLY?

If i told my friend to buy the game through that ad and i talked them into it saying, "dude....you could totally be playing tomorrow" and he did...while i KNEW he wouldn't be playing tomorrow would cause me to lose credibility.

Respect....difficult i know. If the ad said, "depending on previous pre-orders, you could get early access" you would be right.

But...alas....your lack understanding of corporate marketing makes you wrong.

Heres your towel.

When you click that link it brings you to a page with all the info you need regarding EGA on it.

For those getting worked up about it, you are suffering due to your own sense of entitlement- not Bioware's actions. From the start they said you'd get up to 5 days early access (which they made to 7) based on when you pre-ordered, the fact that some of you waited until late november or even early December (like me) to do so is your own problem - you managed to wait up to two years for the game, what's a couple of days now?

They are tweaked off about some people getting in and out-leveling them on their PVP server... :rolleyes:

My actions are with my money. I returned my preorder today and plan on never buying a Biowware product again, if it's good, I'll just warez it, were as before I was Bioware faithful and always bought their games.

I've purchased Bioware games since BG1.. never again. Payback's a *****..

Edited by Dizkazk

I didn't pre-order til after thanksgiving beta. I was fully aware before placing my order that I'd have to wait my turn for the EGA because it said in big gold letters "UP TO 5 DAYS". I'm sitting here like a nerd on the forums and watching streams til then. I don't feel like I should be in the game right now because I read what they said and knew this was coming. If people don't read they have nobody to blame but themselves. I can understand being irritated that you aren't playing. I am too. But complaining and blaming Bioware isn't helping anyone. It's only making this launch less fun for everyone. It's our own fault. Not Biowares. They were clear.

Thank you, well said! However I must admit to being quite amused today and yesterday at some of the posts made regarding the subject of EGA. And remember this will be a game that once it gets going will be available to play pretty much 24/7 anyway...lol

Yawn... I do love how you put paying customers in all caps... What have you paid so far? $5? Yawn....

Edited by Bosgamone

Oh i'm not angry about getting in early. I've played it already. A lot in fact. I'm just pissed that people that are not impulsive buyers (ie....trying a product before buying....duh) are getting attacked.

I'm here defending the peoples.

/raises fist

Its a matter of rewarding loyalty and taking risks.

Those who waited for a semi-open beta took less of a risk than those that pre-ordered on July 21. Therefore, the ones that ordered earlier are more deserving of EGA time.

My actions are with my money. I returned my preorder today and plan on never buying a Biowqare product again, if somehow its good, I'll just warez it were as before I was Bioware faithful..

I've purchased Bioware games since BG1.. never again.

see you at launch??

People like the guy that started this thread are the reason Jedi was handed out in SWG, and look at where that led us?

You can't just have everything handed to you. There have been people that have been following this game for years and that hurried to preorder on the very first day. There are also people that didn't care so much, hardly checked the site, and preordered recently. Just because Bioware is rewarding people doesn't mean you should be rewarded too. It is a thank those who got it early and invested in the game. Besides, it is based on chronological order of when you preordered.

What is fair is fair, all lines work this way. Do you jump to the front of your local grocery store line? Or how about fast food drive through line? Don't think so.

Its a matter of rewarding loyalty and taking risks.

Those who waited for a semi-open beta took less of a risk than those that pre-ordered on July 21. Therefore, the ones that ordered earlier are more deserving of EGA time.

I agree that should be the case. Advertising a product offering a bonus knowing the consumer wont get....well....shady man shady.

My actions are with my money. I returned my preorder today and plan on never buying a Biowqare product again, if somehow its good, I'll just warez it, were as before I was Bioware faithful and always bought their games.

I've purchased Bioware games since BG1.. never again.

I can't believe a customer that has seen the support Bioware has given over the years through BG1 to NWN to SWTOR that you could even make that statement unless you are not telling us the truth about you having BG1 when it was a new game.

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

This experience will not scare BIOWARE. This experience only shows BW how popular their game really is. If 1000's were actually cancelling their subs, that would be different. But no one is cancelling their subs over this. People that pre-ordered so late, and didnt even deserve 2 days of EGA, are going to get 5 when they are let in tomorrow. Yet they are still complaining.

On the other hand, it may scare BW when they see that their clientele are bunch of nutcases.

Edited by Caat

I agree that should be the case. Advertising a product offering a bonus knowing the consumer wont get....well....shady man shady.

That's just semantics on how you read "may get up to." Full reading of the EGA promotion (first come first served), with a bit of common sense and reading the history, indicates that 5 days (before we had 7 days), was probably unlikely.

Also, if having more time is your primary interest, then quite simply you should of ordered immediately.

Pathetic.

This is early access to early access you sad person.

Grow up, get a life, go help your mother or wife or children or something while you wait.

Starving children in Africa and your complaining over some hours play, feel ashamed little person.

see you at launch??

Launch of what? Diablo 3, GW2 or Planetside 2, yes I will see you at the non staggered launch of these games.

I guess you guys are hardcore for WoW in Space which SWTOR is exactly. I'm liberated to be free from this stank scene.

I'm just here to flame till the 20th then gone for good.

Edited by Dizkazk

my actions are with my money. I returned my preorder today and plan on never buying a biowware product again, if it's good, i'll just warez it, were as before i was bioware faithful and always bought their games.

I've purchased bioware games since bg1.. Never again. Payback's a *****..

kthxbai! :)