There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

What did people expect? They are not letting everyone in at once, so naturally yes it will be harder to find groups. This is not launch, its early access. People need to remember that. More and more people will get access day and guess what? Every day it will be easier and easier to find a group.

AmberGreens sticky said launch.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no valid reason for being upset. Just the fact that we're jealous of others fortune. Have to learn not to be jealous my friend or life will suck and always find yourself the victim.

Nobody is jealous there is a unfair advantage. Jealous would be me being angry you outplayed me and leveled faster. If i got barred from playing while you leveled and then i entered the game that is simply unfair. Has nothing to do with being jealous.

You have no idea of the number of invites sent out and neither do I. Some people may have no idea their invite is in their email. Some people may be away for the holidays or at work/school. Bioware has a reason for doing this and it isn't to piss their customers off.

Does not matter if their servers are all on standard(during primetime) and they have more on standby they can keep adding people. Regardless of if they intended this or not many are pissed off and it will only get worse. I hope they understand what the issue is and address it or people won't stick around.

You all should stop crying. They opened the servers 2 days earlier than promised and will have everyone in for the full 5 days hopefully. Wow! Looks like you got a BONUS because instead of "up to 5" your getting up to 7 days early access. They are using these two extra days to make sure the servers are stable as they come up, and we should be happy they are using two extra days to do this instead of using two of the promised days to work it out.

I'm not crying. But let me guess - you're playing?

People wouldn't have a issue if proper information was provided, Tell us when we are in. Don't drag it out. Have people waiting. We've been waiting sense 08. Yes people have a reason to be MAD. there are many people who were IN that preorder late. Or Media sources that are in that didn't spend a dime. You give two extra days and you say server can't handle it. WERE not in beta anymore. MAN up you got 4 million players....

Im not sure what info you did not get. I got it all. Nothing I was not told. In fact, im getting the shot at playing two days early. Maybe you should have done some reading before you posted.

I agree with the OP.

This was handled very poorly. They stopped adding people very early. It should be staggered for every few hours but no reason to completely stop like this so early. Are they really concerned with a 2:00am flood of users hitting the servers that they did not expect? Seriously what are they thinking?

"Rage thread" = straw man.

From Wikipedia: To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position....[t]his exaggerated or distorted statement is thus easily argued against, but is a misrepresentation of the opponent's actual statement.

how is this a straw man, you're the one that said this was a rage thread. It isn't.

I'm just not going to bother to refute your 'points', sorry

Edited by Esaru

750,000 unique players played over the thanksgiving beta event. theres a **** ton of more servers now... so why shut the invites down so early? how many pre-orders could they have gotten anyways.. a million maybe? you almost had that many during the last beta event so with the extra servers i don't know why everyone wasn't invited tbh.:confused:

I get to play for one day before I have to wait for my box to arrive in the mail (estimated delivery of 12/31).

1 day because of an issue with my August purchase early access code not working ... December 1st was the day that my issue got resolved.

Buying the CE was a huge mistake ... but I really want it so I will take my punishment like a champ.

Some will have 18 days in before I get my 2nd day in. Where did I go wrong? :(

Wow, now this is a person who has a legitimate reason to gripe!

none of the servers were full, the server status page wasn't accurate apparently (until the last few hours or so)

No. They listed as full/heavy/medium because the population caps that displayed were set low. The caps have since been increased, now they list low/medium.

I know many that took a day off work today to play thinking that because they preordered day 3 they would get in. Do they get in tomorrow? Or the next?

That is kinda sad. I work retail and have to work shifts. Today I worked from 8am-5pm and tomorrow I work from 2pm-11pm. I do not have all day to play this game either, but that is life; be an adult about it.

I would NEVER take a day off work because I MIGHT get into early access on that day.

I didn't know they let so few people in.

That kind of bums me out. I didn't get my code until a week ago (but I preordered in November), so it looks like I'll get barely any early access time at all.

Yeah, it's nice they started so early, and they didn't have to do early access, but I pre-ordered specifically to get in before launch, and it kind of cheeses me that it wont matter that I did.

Oh well. :(

This really kills me that the servers are like this. They are being very careful and safe about how many people to let in. Only 2 of my guildmates are in and were a 50+ guild. They have said that the place is a ghost town and there on a Standard PVE server. The starting areas are almost blank so they(Guild Mates) and trying to get into any sort of flashpoint is pointless since everyone mainly on is a DPS class and very little people actually stay at the fleet for ethier side. They(Guild Mates) even encountered a level 50 that abused a bug in the PVP Warzone.

My point here is that BioWare had time to ready the servers and be able to fix some of the major bugs and release early access to all. What was the stress test for? Oh yes that is correct, TO TEST SERVER STRESS AND POPULATION SO THEY CAN PREPARE FOR EARLY LAUNCH/LAUNCH.

Rift didnt have this problem and it almost had as many pre-oreder early access players as we have on stand-by, also there were beta tests for Rift just like SWTOR.

Whats next? I cant play the full game because I redeemed my retail code at 7:01am and everyone before 7:01 am can play but everyone after has to wait till tomorrow?

Still the game will be great but the way there releasing the accesss is just unorthodox or just plain down right "Stu-pid."

This would be true with early access or no early access. Someone will always level faster than you, be a higher level, and have better gear. What you're asking for is everyone to play at the same speed so everyone has equal opportunity. Sorry, that just isn't the way it works, early access or no early access.

You missed what i said completely. I am totally fine if someone outplayed me. The issue is if they had a unfair advantage like getting access before me that made it so they could. Not having a level playing field is a big issue. Very few people got the advantage today's early access people received.

Edited by Jigss

I am seeing ALOT of "Light" servers. As at 1:26 Pm 10 +GMT Brisbane (Australia of course). While U.S sleeps, Australia plays! lol, this way the server shouldnt go light. But its Light :( Yet there is no waves incoming untill 1:00am tomorrow (Again Brisbane Australian Time)

Make an MMO and roll it out. You seem to be an expert.

/golfclap

I can tell you when the plans I draw up aren't to my client's liking ... no matter similar they are to their wishes ... I end up eating mud. Not ignoring them and locking their threads.

I didn't know they let so few people in.

That kind of bums me out. I didn't get my code until a week ago (but I preordered in November), so it looks like I'll get barely any early access time at all.

Yeah, it's nice they started so early, and they didn't have to do early access, but I pre-ordered specifically to get in before launch, and it kind of cheeses me that it wont matter that I did.

Oh well. :(

What do you mean it won't matter? You know all those people who didn't pre-order? They're still not getting in this week. That hasn't changed one bit.

So you get delayed 1 maybe 2 days of time not even promised and had a break down?

Enjoy your beer. I'll be playing SWTOR at least within 2 days and enjoying myself without a hangover.

Not even having a break down, I left WoW because of the whining about crap like I am seeing here, its all the same. It's time for a new hobby.

FYI, I dont get hangovers, ever.

there are still bugs. See PvP EXP bug.

Not everyone who get invited jumped on right away, many were at school or work.

Monitoring population is a real time thing. A large amount of guilds that were pre-loaded chose to go to other servers.

The servers went from heavy/full to light/medium because a population cap was increased for the yet to log-in people and in preparation for tomorrow.

I prefer this way as opposed to 10 hour queues. At least I can check my e-mail from anywhere and don't have to wait in front of my PC for the chance to log-in. I went out today and put a bid on a house. Cross your fingers for me.

I prefer 10hr server queues to 7day ones, to each their own I guess.