another 8 hour maintenance day ????

DarthSerparic

The developers seem to be very ignorant. They refuse to give us a answer, they can't even be bothered feeding us with some sorry and extremely lame excuse.

This can only mean one thing, and that is that they know they are in the wrong and are in hiding from the EU community.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in that case what percentage of the entire player base do you think those times effect? I would say it's probably the least amount of people that get effected. Midnight to 8 in the US is prime sleep time so we're mildly effected (there's some people that work nights here too that are completely effected), and the majority of people work 9 to 5 or so. Not to mention it's on a Tuesday which has zero celebrated holidays for work time off.

How can any other time slot possibly be better?

and i will quote you >>>>>Midnight to 8 in the US is prime sleep time so we're mildly effected (there's some people that work nights here too that are completely effected)

long as the good old US of bloody A is ok

i rest my case

Edited by DarthSerparic

The developers seem to be very ignorant. They refuse to give us a answer, they can't even be bothered feeding us with some sorry and extremely lame excuse.

This can only mean one thing, and that is that they know they are in the wrong and are in hiding from the EU community.

They are not hiding anything. Maintenance just comes with the territory with MMO's, simple as that. FFXI servers were in Japan and maintenance was always during prime hours for the US and no one ever said a damn thing about it because most of us were seasoned mmo players.

Get over it.

I think this is best schedule a game devs has ever done. It is during non peak times for both player bases. If you do not fall in this area sorry.

And you've been having experience with how many games? For how many years?

A good schedule takes into consideration the regions it is servicing AND the assets that need to be serviced.

EU region servers? US East coast region servers? US West coast region servers? Sounds familiar? Wow, guess what: BW has that in place!

So, now, if you go from those assets and take into consideration the fact that each has its own time zone, guess what you get? A schedule that actually allows maintenance while for each region it is pre-dawn to noon as a down time!

Hooray for European ingenuity!

8am to 4pm!? OH NOES! Get a job to keep yourselves occupied...

pls troll else where you dont know my situation people like you make me laugh very constructive

and if you had bothered to read all the posts i have put then you will see what this thread is about

I just wish they'd stop doing it at 2 am. Tuesday is my day off, so I can stay up late Monday. This week, when they moved it to Wednesday...that's my birthday. So I asked for it off, thinking yay! I get to play SW until I feel like going to bed. But oh no, right in the middle of my prime time since I'm a night owl I get kicked off. Oh well, guess I'll go to bed early and be all rested for when it is up. I do think however they should do two separate maintenance times like some other MMO's I won't mention. They did a EU one and a US one and it worked well. 8 to 4 is not my prime time, but if it was I'd be rather annoyed. :mad:

why do you assume everyone is at work or school i assume your american...some of us work nights or cant work

you know what they say about assumption

No offense dude but you and the OP also are making assumptions.

I am American but I work nights so I'm on your schedule basically and these down times really cut into my time as well.

So guess what you can do with you doom and gloom to all Americans?

I vote yes, for a change in maintenance time..

I can guarantee, that this would save BioWare moneys, as they don't need a crew working at night hours..

Change the maintenance time to EST and at 9AM to 5PM, as what i clearly can see here every American got a job/school.. So they would be least affected, compared to us in EU who got fired from our jobs, due to something they call financial crisis..

why have different time zone servers if the developers dont utilize them as well? I know shutting down different ones at different times to run maintenance would be somewhat redundant and probably more of a hassle than it is worth... but still.

And to players.... they are fixing stuff constantly and still complainers?... I would be very willing to not play 1 day a week to get constant patches. And the server downtimes affect me as much as EU as I usually play late night to early morning. Those are my hours to game, and im willing to sacrifice 8 hours a week in the 168 that exist while they fix things. You technically arent paying the monthly subscription until after the 1st month anyway so whats the issue about a refund?

their maitenance?

For a MMO?

And its being done during bussiness hours?

OMG, who would have thunk????

:p

LOL, they pack up and go home at 3:30 pm est every pre launch day rather then stay in office and get everyone in and you thought they would do Maitenance during off peak hours????

Seriously????

Bioware is the new Verrant, they DONT WORK past 5pm

Of course your mait is during bussiness hours

Having stated the painfully obvious about the new Bioware policy, let em say

8am-2pm mon-fri is THE PERFECT TIME for mait.

MOST PLAYERS will be in school or at work and be uneffected by this down time.

I actually give Bioware props for doing this (not for reason its done though because a MMO is NOT a 9-5 job) as it takes away the desire to skip school/work to play.

Well done!

And anyways OP, you said it yourself, 8x4 - 32 hours max a month

Out of a possible 720 hours (30 day month), 32 seems pretty minor

87 hours once a week will not kill anyone!

If the down time was 3pm -11pm local time, tHEN you have a right to complain.

And the server downtimes affect me as much as EU as I usually play late night to early morning. Those are my hours to game, and im willing to sacrifice 8 hours a week in the 168 that exist while they fix things.

Right, well you also got abnormal playing hours, compared to the rest of EU's playerbase.

You technically arent paying the monthly subscription until after the 1st month anyway so whats the issue about a refund?

So you mean, those 30 days we got from our Pre-Order boxes, haven't costed us anything?.

I bet 90% that maintenance time would be the same in February, March ect. ect.

But i would like a full list of maintenance times then, so i can unsubscribe in a month in advance, and save that 1 day of my subscription.

pls troll else where you dont know my situation people like you make me laugh very constructive

and if you had bothered to read all the posts i have put then you will see what this thread is about

Yep because the majority have days off in the middle of the week or work nights.../sarcasm

Get over it dude, you are in the minority here. Most people are in school or at work during those hours.

Yep because the majority have days off in the middle of the week or work nights.../sarcasm

Get over it dude, you are in the minority here. Most people are in school or at work during those hours.

and i repeat you don't know my situation i think your find that there is a lot of people who feel the same again pls troll less why your even commenting god only knows

You technically arent paying the monthly subscription until after the 1st month anyway so whats the issue about a refund?

Well sunshine, I can't look at a US box but I can look at a regular boxed version of SWTOR as sold in the UK:

'30-DAY SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE.' Says so clearly on the front.

So yes, technically we are very much paying for the first 30 day subscription by paying the price of the box.

Switch on your mind, it sometimes helps!

before i get flamed BIOWARE this has to be addressed

being a European player im going to throw a few numbers out there 8 hour maintenance 8AM TILL 4PM once a week is 4x8 hours a month that's 32 hours a month

over the year that's 16 days we lose out on not accounting for any other maintenance you will do ....and you decide to do this during the day will we get them 16 days refunded no i think not

i understand this work has to be done but pls pls pls split American and European down times so at least everyone gets a fair crack at the whip :)

The longer maintenance times are pretty common at the launch of an MMO. They will get shorter.

I find it funny that people complain about 1 day the servers been offline for a few hours. There are 168 hours a week. If the servers are down for 8 hours a week, that still gives you 160 hours per week to play.

Let's say that you've got an 8 hour a day job with 1 hour to and from work for travel time; that's a 10 hour day. So that's 50 hours per week for work.

Let's say that you need to sleep for 7 hours a night. That's 49 hours a week for sleep.

168 - 8 (server maint.) = 160 playable hours.

160 - 50 (work) = 110 playable hours.

110 - 49 (sleep) = 61 hours.

So you have a 61 hour a week window to play SWTOR. You mean to tell me that you're not going to find a good time to play during the rest of the week and Tuesday server maintenance is going to totally hurt you?

It's one damn day of maintenance...go outside or watch tv or go play a different game for a few hours...It's not that big of a damn deal geez.

This is about the principle of not getting what we paid for!

How is it a poor argument? All I keep hearing is that maintenance is during prime time for EU. 8am till 4pm is hardly prime time, unless you have a different definition for it out here.

support of it.

But 8AM till 4PM is the time for the UK only. Most of Europe is on CET which is 9AM till 5PM and East Europe is 10AM till 6PM.

For you American lot that are apparently unable to grasp the concept of timezones in the EU:

Hey, let's bring down the servers at 1 AM EST. That should be fine as not that many gamers will be playing after one 1AM, won't they. Nah, 1AM is hardly prime time...

Ah, was there a bit of crying from the West coast of the US? Hm... I shouldn't really care because I'm on the arse-end of the European timezones i.e. GMT, so *shrug?*

Are you *********** kidding me bioware? Just take the servers down AT DIFFERENT TIMES for us and eu? It can't be THAT hard, wow did it from day 1 I believe?

It was really really cool this week when they were down until like 2000 CET for maint.

Great service.

For you American lot that are apparently unable to grasp the concept of timezones in the EU:

Hey, let's bring down the servers at 1 AM EST. That should be fine as not that many gamers will be playing after one 1AM, won't they. Nah, 1AM is hardly prime time...

Ah, was there a bit of crying from the West coast of the US? Hm... I shouldn't really care because I'm on the arse-end of the European timezones i.e. GMT, so *shrug?*

Play a game that's based Out of the UK? stop crying..Its 8 hours. I work nights and get home with enough time to play about an hour on maintenance nights. You know what I do during that time? Something else. Take a break from your PC/xbox and go get some fresh air. 1 day a week...seriously?

Play a game that's based Out of the UK? stop crying..Its 8 hours. I work nights and get home with enough time to play about an hour on maintenance nights. You know what I do during that time? Something else. Take a break from your PC/xbox and go get some fresh air. 1 day a week...seriously?

Who are you to tell others how to spend their time?

That the game is based out of the US means nothing, they want european customers and should pay attention to our requests as well.