The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Going back to AoC after 30days.

vacuna

Who cares about it beeing a shooter or not? You fanboys like to ignore the core of a complain.

SWTOR is dead, empty, has no physics and no moveable objects, no sounds or any kind of dynamic light source/animation, just like Mass Effect. It's sterile like a hospital.

That is not enough for MMOs released end 2011 !

All those MMOs that try to do the things you ask, end up horribly buggy disasters. Look at Champions Online. If anything, they can be worked into the game afterwards in an update. Physics dont translate to MMOs as well as you would think.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a troll post, So stop right there.

This game is great, but its lacking something, i cant really lump it into one catagory for myself.

Graphics--- ****

Voice overs--- Great but gets stale

Combat responsiveness--- it's bad

To be honest that is the 3 thing that irk me. Now im going to play for 30days and try my hardest to like it. If not, Well its back to the land where pvp is great, graphics are better and my women are just a little on the "dirty" side.

I'll leave you with this.

(It's Youtube folks!)

Ok lets break AoC down for a bit.

No LFD tool so you can't find a group for dungeons (SWTOR will have same problem in a month or so).

No crossrealm BGs or enough people to do BGs at lower levels.

PVP is so unbalanced it makes WoW twink BGs look balanced. Seriously the person on Funcom who thought adding SWING TIMERS on spam attacks and animation on combos is really really dumb. Told them in the beta they should fix it but it has gone 3 years? Still no fix.

But yeah I agree the graphics is great. But that is about the only thing that is great. Sadly enough DX10 is still in beta and does not support CROSSFIRE, SLI or high resolutions. So if you want to enjoy the game like a real gamer with dual GPUs and eyefinity or nvidia surround you can't even play the game.

So lets face it. Age of Conan was a sinking ship and Funcom knows it. Thats why there has hardly been any improvements since the launch of the game. Besides when they released the first expansion that was a carbon copy of burning crusade. Even fanboys of AoC sometimes accidently calls it burning crusade.

All those MMOs that try to do the things you ask, end up horribly buggy disasters. Look at Champions Online. If anything, they can be worked into the game afterwards in an update. Physics dont translate to MMOs as well as you would think.

Yes. And that's why many people stick to Blizzard products.

You don't have to bother completly broken stuff. Everyting works, there could only be a problem that you don't like their way of gameplay - but the technical aspect is flawless (compared to the rest).

Edited by squiek

Ok lets break AoC down for a bit.

No LFD tool so you can't find a group for dungeons (SWTOR will have same problem in a month or so).

No crossrealm BGs or enough people to do BGs at lower levels.

PVP is so unbalanced it makes WoW twink BGs look balanced. Seriously the person on Funcom who thought adding SWING TIMERS on spam attacks and animation on combos is really really dumb. Told them in the beta they should fix it but it has gone 3 years? Still no fix.

But yeah I agree the graphics is great. But that is about the only thing that is great. Sadly enough DX10 is still in beta and does not support CROSSFIRE, SLI or high resolutions. So if you want to enjoy the game like a real gamer with dual GPUs and eyefinity or nvidia surround you can't even play the game.

So lets face it. Age of Conan was a sinking ship and Funcom knows it. Thats why there has hardly been any improvements since the launch of the game. Besides when they released the first expansion that was a carbon copy of burning crusade. Even fanboys of AoC sometimes accidently calls it burning crusade.

I just laughed so hard....Dx10 in beta? dx11 is out...Dreamworld was overhauled.. ( lets see any other game developer take their time to do that!) I ran dual GPu's just fine with AoC...

You havent played the game in the last year, so you points a null.

Thank you come again.

I just laughed so hard....Dx10 in beta? dx11 is out...Dreamworld was overhauled.. ( lets see any other game developer take their time to do that!) I ran dual GPu's just fine with AoC...

Thank you come again.

I did in november. There are some people on the forum that claims they can play the game with crossfire and sli but they don't even know how to check if they really do.

EDIT: Just to be sure Im downloading AoC this very second. I can get back to you in a minute and tell you if they managed to solve those problems since november.

Edited by Marmerus

"People are still playing AOC"?

You have summed up everything that is wrong with the MMO genre. We, the player base never stick with our MMO’s. We used to, but now we migrate from one to the next, madly following the hype and not daring to miss out on what our friends are doing.

SWtOR will fall prey to this as much as every MMO has before. We now treat MMO’s like throw away solo games and gaming companies know this. Their response is to only design MMO’s for a few months play, they don’t even bother to try to maintain interest over the long haul now.

So when you start talking about longevity issues with the MMO you are playing while wondering when SW or GW2 will be out, remember you are part of the transitory player base that has caused this problem.

Maybe that's because the devs go for the quick buck, making MMOs that are fun for a while, but aren't built around longterm gameplay mechanics.

IMHO, AoC was one of the best MMOs of recent years, but it doesn't offer the player much reason to stick around. There isn't enough of an endgame, or a world to be a part of. It's 99% levelgrind, and then just falls flat.

Yeah, TOR will be the same way, but it's not the players fault. You can't expect people to be loyal to a game once it just isn't compelling anymore. It's up to the devs to design a thriving gameworld built around endgame and replayability, instead of putting almost all their resources into a linear dead end.

AoC is dead. For me every game is dead if I can't find a group for a instance.

SWTOR is also dead. Queques and I have to skip flashpoints and 4man quests because no one seems to be interested. When WoW started there were those nice blue rewards you got from group quests or instances. In SWTOR you don't need blues, you get them free for credits, pvp or tokens, or crafters.

Guess many ppl think pve is crap and only do the story. Maybe it's the chat you can completly disable and never ever see LFG spam - or maybe they disable because of LFG spam?

However, Bioware missed to think about such problems. They include, never test and hope it works. Like the raids which were added few weeks before release and are going to be added in january.

Edited by squiek

According to all the WoW fanboys AoC is already dead and they're dubbing this the next AoC! You'r going to be playing a game that already failed! :eek:

SWTOR is far from dead. They need to fix the issues they have problems with.

And its not according to WoW fanboys its according to the stock holders in funcom. They fired a lot of staff in norway last year and they had to borrow money for their new MMO. That is a big sign showing the revenue from subscribers in AoC was dangerously low. And just months after they made it free to play. And now we had another server merge.

Maybe that's because the devs go for the quick buck, making MMOs that are fun for a while, but aren't built around longterm gameplay mechanics.

IMHO, AoC was one of the best MMOs of recent years, but it doesn't offer the player much reason to stick around. There isn't enough of an endgame, or a world to be a part of. It's 99% levelgrind, and then just falls flat.

Yeah, TOR will be the same way, but it's not the players fault. You can't expect people to be loyal to a game once it just isn't compelling anymore. It's up to the devs to design a thriving gameworld built around endgame and replayability, instead of putting almost all their resources into a linear dead end.

Not enough endgame? They give you offlines to help you get there! Its the best part!

I know for a fact anyone who says "not enough end-game" Doesnt have a full quipped t3 avatar.

I've played for 4 years and just have one in full t3! (the rest in full t2)

So lets see how much it offers end-game wise compared to swtor...

6man dungeons- and a ****load of them!

t1 (about 3 raids)

t2(3 raids)

t3 (1 raid)

t4 ( ??)

Now as you can see, just t1-t3 is 7 raids. How many swtor got? t4 which has been in the game for quit sometime, only ONE guild has got (2) Bosses down. (europ has more but they're europeans!)

Clearly you know nothing about the end game in conan.

Thanksssssssss

SWTOR is far from dead. They need to fix the issues they have problems with.

And its not according to WoW fanboys its according to the stock holders in funcom. They fired a lot of staff in norway last year and they had to borrow money for their new MMO. That is a big sign showing the revenue from subscribers in AoC was dangerously low. And just months after they made it free to play. And now we had another server merge.

Well, then it's a walking dead zombie not knowing it's already dead ;D

If a MMO is released buggy or without enough content, ppl will quit.

And they won't look back after they leave.

Everything is about how it looks like. You wouldn't take a ugly girlfriend if you are not ugly yourself, even if she has all the values you dream off. You will never find out because she failed to use make up correctly...that's how it works.

Edited by squiek

The gameplay is flat. Pretty much like a muliplayer for Mass Effect would be.

It also feels like it's made for Xbox360. No physics, no details, nothing I can break or grab and throw around. It's worse than WoW because they couldn't at least release that basic system in a bug free version.

Questing is just to learn how to play your toons.

Endgame matters. And all I can see is bugs and unpolished/unfinished content. which is rushed due to christmas sales. This game should have been released summer 2012, after the balancing/fixing was done.

I wish there would be a Skyrim like MMO with the combat system from Demons/Dark Souls !

And yes, I am going back to Rift or WoW. I can't stand to wait for super rich companies to do things right AFTER they sold it to you. Looks like Blizzard is the only company which never releases completly messed up crap, it's more a decision if you like the way it goes or not but it's always flawless.

I'm sorry you feel that way....but can I haz your stuff?:rak_angelic:

Thank you come again.

Im patching the game now. Still no DX11 only DX9/DX10.

Soon I will be ingame and try out if everything you said was bs or not.

By the way what features from DX11 did they add?

Im patching the game now. Still no DX11 only DX9/DX10.

Soon I will be ingame and try out if everything you said was bs or not.

By the way what features from DX11 did they add?

game is dx10 bro

Edited by vacuna

Not enough endgame? They give you offlines to help you get there! Its the best part!

I know for a fact anyone who says "not enough end-game" Doesnt have a full quipped t3 avatar.

I've played for 4 years and just have one in full t3! (the rest in full t2)

So lets see how much it offers end-game wise compared to swtor...

6man dungeons- and a ****load of them!

t1 (about 3 raids)

t2(3 raids)

t3 (1 raid)

t4 ( ??)

Now as you can see, just t1-t3 is 7 raids. How many swtor got? t4 which has been in the game for quit sometime, only ONE guild has got (2) Bosses down. (europ has more but they're europeans!)

Clearly you know nothing about the end game in conan.

Thanksssssssss

I'm not saying TOR has more of an endgame - I think it has significantly less, but to me, endgame isn't just about raids and collecting gear. It's about community and being part of the gameworld. A good endgame does that in lots of different interconnected ways, not just by piling on lots of raids and instances.

Best example of the past was DAOC, but that game is just way too old and obsolete now. Hard to even use it as a good example. IMHO, most of all, a good endgame needs to move the genre forward, not just keep playing out the same old raids for gear thing.

Edited by Vihazur

This game more smooth if not equal to 90% of the game on the market so yeah whatever you like another game i respect that stay loyal to your brand just quit the trolling and quit tryin to advertise,

And AoC it had a really stable playerbase has for years why its stayed afloat so long aoc started cleaning up its act after the guy in charge was replaced by some other guy so yeah game have diffrent flavors some people like its tase while others dont just unfortunatly WoW and games like ToR are the pizzas of the MMO market almost everyone enjoys the tastes.

Im updating content 4/4 now so please tell me how do I start the game with DX11? I have In launcher there is only DX9/DX10 and the client starting exe is one for DX9 and one for DX10.
"dx10

dx11 isnt even in mmos...maybe archage :S

Edited by vacuna