The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware needs a new philosophy

Blackwater

I ask you why do you care? Unless you are employed by bioware it doesn't matter what happens with this game in 45 days. If you are having fun, continue to play the game. If not stop playing. Seems simple enough to me.

I would feel different if people were talking about things that were already confirmed by bioware to be coming later. But that's not what people are doing. They are complaining over things that are going to be put in later or complaining about design choices which is exactly that, a choice. You don't have to agree with it but bioware did it with some reason in mind.

I am sorry you have been disappointed with this product but every1 I kno is enjoying it, bugs and all. Lack of customizable UI and all, lack of duel spec and all. It seems some people have forgotten the point of video games is to have fun, and while that term is subjective, if this game isn't fun for you maybe you shouldn't play it.

I care because this has been my favorite genre of gaming since i was 12 years old, I am 28 now.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I care because this has been my favorite genre of gaming since i was 12 years old, I am 28 now.

Also I will add that everyone I know that is playing: several close friends, my girlfriend, also just internet people I know, have all been playing MMOs more or less as long as I have and are alrdy burned out on it, for literally all the same reasons. So it goes both ways.

Everyone is a broad statement, and appearantly enough people care to make a bill.....

We're in a democracy where the majority of people have more rights than a minority (or they should have).

So if the majority wants to steal then it's ok, it's called democracy.

Why would you ruin a 1000 people's lives just for 1 guy?

Also most of those 1000 people prolly would've never bought it anyways and physically didn't steal anything too. So this guy never lost anything, he just didn't gain any profit.

Anyways I don't care, if some extradictionteam came to me I'd just take care of them :D

Or we can also simply not steal things....even digitally....its not yours, not paid for....welll speak all you want....its stil stealing. Sopa needs to pass...

Oh my gosh.

This is why the SWTOR forums are a joke. People like this, my god i am lost for words right now.

Edited by Arlia

But GW2 is coming and it will have EVERYTHING you want/need. This game, while it is an MMO, might not b for you. Nothing wrong with that.

But you've been around MMO's for 16 years. Have you ever seen an MMO with everything it was supposed to have?

But GW2 is coming and it will have EVERYTHING you want/need. This game, while it is an MMO, might not b for you. Nothing wrong with that.

But you've been around MMO's for 16 years. Have you ever seen an MMO with everything it was supposed to have?

I can't say whether or not GW2 will be for me, but I can actually and honestly say that SWTOR is the first AAA mmo that is literally missing things it is supposed to have. I really feel this way and though it is an opinion, it is a pretty accurate one.

We're in a democracy where the majority of people have more rights than a minority (or they should have).

Also most of those 1000 people prolly would've never bought it anyways and physically didn't steal anything too. So this guy never lost anything, he just didn't gain any profit.

Anyways I don't care, if some extradictionteam came to me I'd just take care of them :D

OMG I can't just believe u said that.... I hope you invent\create/make something really special. I hope you put your heart and soul and blood and sweat and tears in it. I hope you are extremely satisfied with it and even happy you did it. And then I hope someone steals it from you.

If 1 million people say a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing.

I can't say whether or not GW2 will be for me, but I can actually and honestly say that SWTOR is the first AAA mmo that is literally missing things it is supposed to have. I really feel this way and though it is an opinion, it is a pretty accurate one.

Doesn't thAt depend on what one thinks it's suppose to have? Is their a list somewhere that says in order to be an MMO u must have x things?

On a side note you mentioned rift had the things this game is missing yet rift while is doing ok I think, is nowhere near as successful right now as that other MMO. So maybe having these things one expects in an MMO isn't directly linked to the games success or lack of it.

It comes down to difference of opinion and we shall agree to disagree. I have no problem with it launching as is. I've had fun and will continue to do so. I have faith that w/e is missing will be added in time. If I start not having fun I'll stop giving my money to bioware and move on.

OMG I can't just believe u said that.... I hope you invent\create/make something really special. I hope you put your heart and soul and blood and sweat and tears in it. I hope you are extremely satisfied with it and even happy you did it. And then I hope someone steals it from you.

I have Alexithymia, your little consern thrive against the evolution of mankind just for personal profit.

So... Warhammer all over again (in regards to Illum)? Either Bio didn't ask mythic how it went in their last mmo if they again designed with the goodwill of the playerbase in mind or the beta tester failed terribly if it was not discussed.

The Devs should put the player on a tight leash (control the players available options to the latter) for any open PvP elements if the player can gain any form of gear upgrades or set them up for just the fun if it can be exploited. Either one of these is fine with me... but mixing them in any way is a nogo because of the past history...

If Bioware REALLY wanted to do something smart, they would have had 20 levels of class story and voice over, and then put the rest of funding into end game.

WHY does it supposedly take 200 hours to get to level 50, but it takes one night to clear all the end game content?

Let me make this painfully clear. Bioware DOES NOT HAVE THE LUXURY of waiting 2 years after release to have good end game. YOU might be willing to wait that long for solid end game, but i guarantee the other million people don't

I love when people qq about how "easy" it is to hit lvl 50.. So maybe if you do not have a job or a life its easy to hit level 50 and sure the first 20 levels are fast but after that is slows down.... I mean i can slowly go through my story-line at a low level and reach 20 in 2 days.. But after 20 the leveling become slower... As for the SOPA bill... They no longer support it.. I mean how many things in your life did you support until you found out more about it? I know I have done that a few times..... And why in the world would you only lvl one champ up to lvl 50 i mean each class has a special story plot... I love this game... And 200 hours.. That is a ton of game time, sure its not a super grind.. But NO one likes super grinds other than people who again have no life or no jobs...

I love when people qq about how "easy" it is to hit lvl 50.. So maybe if you do not have a job or a life its easy to hit level 50 and sure the first 20 levels are fast but after that is slows down.... I mean i can slowly go through my story-line at a low level and reach 20 in 2 days.. But after 20 the leveling become slower... As for the SOPA bill... They no longer support it.. I mean how many things in your life did you support until you found out more about it? I know I have done that a few times..... And why in the world would you only lvl one champ up to lvl 50 i mean each class has a special story plot... I love this game... And 200 hours.. That is a ton of game time, sure its not a super grind.. But NO one likes super grinds other than people who again have no life or no jobs...

SWTOR can't thrive by just hoping people keep leveling characters

As for supporting something before I knew about it. Yes, I've done it a few time... WHEN I WAS 7 YEARS OLD

And I'm pretty sure a corporation should hold themselves to higher standards than normal people and maybe, JUST MAYBE, exercise a little more caution when choosing which bandwagon they jump on.

PS: It's already been made clear that EA still supports SOPA through the fact that they are a satellite corporation that belongs to ESA

So, may I ask all those that are getting upser over EA, ESA & SOPA, how many of you will be boycotting Microsoft? I can't help but think that the mere mention of SOPA in this thread is just a bit of extra mud slinging at EA/Bioware and has no real place on this forum. A bit sad to be honest.

To the OP, I accept that you may have some complaints but if you played beta for as long as you claim you should have known that rushing to 50 was a mistake so I have little sympathy for you. The game is not without faults, but the game not being to your exact specification does not equal 'major design flaws'.

What a waste, this thread is.

So SWTOR (an MMO) is not finished. What a surprise, right? When has any MMO ever had everything complete and perfect in the first year of release?

(But everyone that has played multiple MMOs already knew this) Yet some need to point this out as unusual.

Get over yourselves.

What a waste, this thread is.

So SWTOR (an MMO) is not finished. What a surprise, right? When has any MMO ever had everything complete and perfect in the first year of release?

Oh, look. It's this argument again.

Please go back a few pages and watch it get torn to shreds.

This argument is very similar to what the general attitude toward Warhammer was before it flopped.

Edited by Blackwater

Oh boy, grinding. Nothing i want more from an MMO they said they would get rid of the grind

So you dont want grinding because BW said it would be less of it. But you still want to go out on planets and get mats ? Something seems off.

Oww and gathering mats on your own is actually MORE rewarding then sending you crew on a mission....

And it also take less time. 10 mins on yourself running around looking for nodes > sending crew on an X minutes mission....

So you dont want grinding because BW said it would be less of it. But you still want to go out on planets and get mats ? Something seems off.

Oww and gathering mats on your own is actually MORE rewarding then sending you crew on a mission....

And it also take less time. 10 mins on yourself running around looking for nodes > sending crew on an X minutes mission....

Why would I do that when I can send my companions and go off to do something else? And from what I understand, you can know do crewskills from your iPhone

It doesn't affect me since I'm german but if I were a US citizen ruined by this act I'd know where to go.;)

They block the DNS so that means NO ONE can access the website at all, no matter where you live. If you are in outer space, you cannot access it.

Edited by darthdoll

Why would I do that when I can send my companions and go off to do something else? And from what I understand, you can know do crewskills from your iPhone

Then leave? No one is forcing you to stay. It's not the game for you.

First you complain that you can't go out and gather nodes yourself. Then when someone points out you can and that it often gives you better results than sending a companion out you shoot that down.

You aren't looking for a solution, you are simply complaining to complain. Good riddance nd the first 30 days can't end soon enough.