The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware needs a new philosophy

Blackwater

Catering to the people that continue to pay the monthly fee after the first month is bad business?

Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. I wish you were in congress when the housing market collapsed, we could have been out of that crisis in no time!

So you quit playing? Thats at least 8 ppls whines I wont have to read now, thanks for rushing....i mean playing.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo this is a logically fallacy I haven't seen in a while!

Let me ask you this. Am I not allowed to say that food tastes bad just because I'm not a chef?

Never thought I had to go in depth but here we go...

This does not relate to what I was actually saying.

You do not know about design, you have not designed, you were not on a dev team. You do not know what has conspired behind the scenes to make it this way, nor should you have the right to say its bad design because you think its wrong.

You say food tastes bad to YOU, I could love pizza with mustard and ketchup, doesnt mean it was a pizza flaw.

Edited by darthdoll

Did you miss the part where he said you are posting on their forums?

Therefore I'm a hypocrite.

This is a getting really pathetic. Quit trying to grasp at straws and contribute to the thread instead of trying to use some convoluted logic to try and make me out as a hypocrite. Just stop it.

I'm using government roads, that doesn't mean I love everything they do

What the hell are you talking about? I just made a comment on SOPA because I saw it mentioned earlier. Pull the stick out of your rear side.

He seems to think that companies part of ESA can not declare their own opinion and in fact should instead be pulling out of ESA because they support a specific bill being passed in congress.

Or in other words,

DERP.

Never thought I had to go in depth but here we go...

This does not relate to what I was actually saying.

You do not know about design, you have not designed, you were not on a dev team. You do not know what has conspired behind the scenes to make it this way, nor should you have the right to say its bad design because you think its wrong.

You say food tastes bad to YOU, I could love pizza with mustard and ketchup, doesnt mean it was a pizza flaw.

I don't have to know EVERY SINGLE intricate detail that went into creating something in order for me to criticize it.

Your logic SUCKS. Knock it off

I don't have to know EVERY SINGLE intricate detail that went into creating something in order for me to criticize it.

Your logic SUCKS. Knock it off

My logic sucks? you're the one who brought food into this.

Your trolling sucks

Knock it off.

No, you can criticize something, but when you say its a design flaw yet know nothing about design makes your point invalid.

Edited by darthdoll

Im just curious how do you create solutions to problems without being aware of problems? Critism has allways been a key factor of letting developers know where they are going wrong and this will allways be a case since that creates discussion on possible suggestions.

Also ALL suggestions have to be critised as well in order to iron out the kinks and think out of the box, do you think thats a wortless too and shoulnd't be done at all so we just get compromises to problems?

Problem is that constructive critism is something that has substance, discussion possible problem sides of both sides (for example pointing out both pvp gear is flawed and the system getting them meaning any solution that does not fix both of these issues will resolve in other issues) but most people are too busy just screaming when someone says "theres an issue" that your not suggesting how its supposed to be fixed. Most people don't want to tell those fixes becouse they will get critised and thats fine, they are not paid developers so why should they be forced to go trough it?

And yes solutions should be hinderenced before implementing and after implementing if they have issues. Thats usually how you end up fixing issues.

Fair enough. I can agree with the things you've said here. The issue with this thread was that in the original post those things weren't there, and more importantly the OP doesn't like a design choice. That's his view. I'm not saying it's wrong or right but it's just an opinion.

He isn't referring to a bug in game he is referring to how they made the game. Doesn't lime the choices bioware made. I do. Neither is right or wrong.

What the original poster is doing is the equivalent of me having chocolate ice cream, not liking it because I wanted vanilla, and then proceeding to complain to the company who made the chocolate ice cream that they did a bad job and should make vanilla. All the while I could have simply went and gotten vanilla.

I don't understand why the OP doesn't simply go nd get his vanilla somewhere else nd let the people who enjoy this swtor chocolate enjoy it.

He seems to think that companies part of ESA can not declare their own opinion and in fact should instead be pulling out of ESA because they support a specific bill being passed in congress.

Or in other words,

DERP.

Thats like saying "Our company is apart of NAMBLA, but we don't support pedophilia." You realize it doesn't work like that right?

DERP.

If Bioware REALLY wanted to do something smart, they would have had 20 levels of class story and voice over, and then put the rest of funding into end game.

WHY does it supposedly take 200 hours to get to level 50, but it takes one night to clear all the end game content?

Maybe because Bioware is trying to shift the focus from endgame to actually having a game before that? Just maybe?

Also, did you clear the operations on Hard and Nightmare? Normal is equivalent to WoW's LFR (gimped) version, so yeah, I would expect those to be cleared in a night.

Edited by Daeada

My logic sucks? you're the one who brought food into this.

Your trolling sucks

Knock it off.

No, you can criticize something, but when you say its a design flaw yet know nothing about design makes your point invalid.

If something isn't working. Then there is a design flaw. Unless of course it with the companies GOAL to make something not work.

All Flashpoints are on Carrick Station. This is a bad thing according to you. The solution that would apparently make you happy is therefore to have all the Flashpoints in different places. Ok, so you can no longer shuttle from Fleet to flashpoints, but you have to go to the planet where the Droid that gives the mission is in your ship.

I'm not sure how running through Balmorra Spaceport for the 25th time is more fun than not doing it. And I've seen the cut scenes of my ship taking off and landing already. They are good cutscenes, but I don't need to see them again...twice...everytime I want to do a Flashpoint.

Game Launch 20th December. Eleven days ago. Huge population spike on 25th December (reason unknown, investigation continuing). Six days ago.

Today, now. No opposition on the Lvl 50 planet. Clearly a Bioware design fault. Take a breath and step away from the keyboard. See all those people pointing at you and laughing? They are the customers that need to be kept happy, not the 1/1,000,000th of the customer base that has 'finished the game'.

If you think your criticism is valid, you really do not understand Life, the Universe or Anything.

If something isn't working. Then there is a design flaw. Unless of course it with the companies GOAL to make something not work.

Sort of,

"I had to run down the ramp of the ship into instance. This is a DEVASTATING design flaw"

Not a design flaw the way you just said, because that is what they wanted. I believe there is a word for this, you know, when you say one thing then later 'forget' what you said or changed it, forgot the name O.O

Except that the ESAs sole existence isnt to approve of SOPA.

DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

If your apart of something that supports a bill then generally you support that bill. Its really rather simple.

For example, you think the word derp is funny so from that I can deduct that your a douche with no sense of humor. See, its easy!

For some reason I am more then willing to wager that you haven't quit the game entirely. Otherwise why would you be posting in the forum of a game you hate so much that you quit?

It doesn't make sense. When something doesn't make sense it's generally not true.

If anything you are waiting patiently trolling in the forums cause you want to be the first person to have any knowledge of when they are going to improve the game so you can pay for another month or two subscription complete it and then ***** some more about the game.

So if your really quit the game in it's entirety you would delete your account to the forums to complete you quitting of the game.

There is sooo much to do in my honest opinion. I'm at 34 now and for my personal feeling I have played ALOT! I'm on a leveling break now, collecting dataholocrons now to impove my stats and for some extra information. When I'm done with that I'll continue wich my story.

When I reach 50, prolly in about 4 or 5 weeks since I do have a social life, I'll focus more on helping people with quests, do some pvp, flashpoints, etc. Also get richer, get better equipment to try and become the best BH in my server. I also have this legacything to attend, rank my pvp rating, my social rating and experiment with my skilltree to optimize it. Besides that I have plenty of guildthings to do and assist in becoming the best guild in the server. Then there is this social aspect.

I don't know, before I reach my goal, I'll probably be 2 years from now.

EDIT: I almost forgot, there is also the possibility to play the 3 other classes. But that is of later concern.

Edited by Oobro

Sort of,

"I had to run down the ramp of the ship into instance. This is a DEVASTATING design flaw"

Not a design flaw the way you just said, because that is what they wanted. I believe there is a word for this, you know, when you say one thing then later 'forget' what you said or changed it, forgot the name O.O

Alright then I retract that statement and will instead say that this is a poor representation of endgame if Bioware was trying to promote exploration and a feeling of freedom

Um...I guess you don't understand where we are coming from. What exactly isn't working? The game I have runs fine with a few minor bugs here and there. And I'm 50. And while I level to 50 I had a couple of epic world pvp moments. Also got banked by a 4 man group.

So again I ask u, what exactly isn't working?

For some reason I am more then willing to wager that you haven't quit the game entirely. Otherwise why would you be posting in the forum of a game you hate so much that you quit?

It doesn't make sense. When something doesn't make sense it's generally not true.

If anything you are waiting patiently trolling in the forums cause you want to be the first person to have any knowledge of when they are going to improve the game so you can pay for another month or two subscription complete it and then ***** some more about the game.

So if your really quit the game in it's entirety you would delete your account to the forums to complete you quitting of the game.

What?..... WHAT?!?!

I can't give my feedback? And for love of god, quit calling people trolls. I don't know how much more polite I could have been. I even started this out by saying I deeply care about Bioware, what else do I need to do to prove I'm not trolling?

Do I have to bend over backwards, praising the ground Bioware walks on in order to prove I'm not trolling?

Alright then I retract that statement and will instead say that this is a poor representation of endgame if Bioware was trying to promote exploration and a feeling of freedom

Much better, but I sort of agree/disagree with you on this. Throughout my class story I had to go back to the starting planets, I even had to go to Hutta (which is not my starter zone) I found that to be amazing.

For right now I can see why they kept all the FP's on ships and not in the worlds, but I hope in the future planets they will put them on there.

Maybe, the next planet comes with an FP.

Bioware said that was what they were trying to promote when? Last I heard their focus was story telling, and impactful story telling at that. I finished the class story for my BH and I have to say I'm satisfied. So mission accomplished Bioware.

You might not think they have, but that's an opinion just like mine is.

Um...I guess you don't understand where we are coming from. What exactly isn't working? The game I have runs fine with a few minor bugs here and there. And I'm 50. And while I level to 50 I had a couple of epic world pvp moments. Also got banked by a 4 man group.

So again I ask u, what exactly isn't working?

Ilum

/5char

If your apart of something that supports a bill then generally you support that bill. Its really rather simple.

For example, you think the word derp is funny so from that I can deduct that your a douche with no sense of humor. See, its easy!

Oh I get it!

So if say you were from the USA I could say that you in fact LOVE war mongering and killing civilians in other countries where you have no business because you are a citizen of the USA and are not entitled to your own opinion?

Edited by Ascendic