Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

I can't believe this thread still exists.

The OP is a liar and a cheater. If you truly believe his story is fully accurate, frankly, you are an idiot. He was flipping the node in Ilum and he deserved to get banned immediately, without question.

We need to stop bumping this.

(yes - I know I am bumping it...)

I disagree. We need to KEEP bumping it and pointing out over and over how the OP is lying and why people who do this need to be banned.

They deserved it.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Banning people because of a flaw in their design is not the right way to do things. This is not an exploit if BioWare allows it. Banning is not the way to handle this. Simply don't allow any one under 50 to travel to Illum. If they go there, within 10 seconds they are ported back to the fleet. Problem solved.
Here's guessing that any banning will have more to do with addressing individuals who have chosen to make it personal with dev and the community than concern over anyone's bottom line being threatened. Until irrefutable proof emerges it's all speculation. The fact that this thread's made it this far is laughable. Edited by GalacticKegger

My guess, some folks know where certain "Loot Boxes" are on high level planets and learned they can be exploited with low level characters.

IE, loot box on highest level planet is lootable without gaining aggro from nearby npc and gives highh level items that people want.

Unintended? Yes. Bannable? Yes.

Not limiting low level players to higher level planets? Dumb.

My guess, some folks know where certain "Loot Boxes" are on high level planets and learned they can be exploited with low level characters.

IE, loot box on highest level planet is lootable without gaining aggro from nearby npc and gives highh level items that people want.

probably this.

Actually, what they're getting banned for is using low level opposing faction alts to flip the capture points over and over so they can get loot. It's a clear exploit and they deserve to be banned for it.

Actually, what they're getting banned for is using low level opposing faction alts to flip the capture points over and over so they can get loot. It's a clear exploit and they deserve to be banned for it.

follow the link i posted above.

YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR WORKING THE GTN!

It has been revealed that those banned players were using a low level character exploit to spawn rewards without risk completely outside the design. Using exploits is a bannable offence.

As is the usual with board rumors, players choose to leave out very important information and people actually believe such nonsense can occur. In many people's minds it makes more sense that Bioware simply banned people for flying to Ilum over the possibility they were actually exploiting?

Seriously, get a grip people and do not worry about it as it has zero impact on you anyway. Does anyone here actually even know of a person who has been banned for this personally? I bet not a single one of you yet you still go ape crazy over the unsubstantiated rumours. The mob mentality here is embarrassing. It's is in your best interest in life to at least attempt to hold even a modicum of independent thought.

Edited by Tamanous

I'm not sure whether that is real or not.. it doesn't appear to be in the similar format of any emails I've ever received which come complete with instructions in three different languages.

If it is true, I'd definitely have to say its retarded... and I would definitely write a CEO or someting @ ea or bioware..

I won't say that customer service hasn't been terrible in this game because it has.. I've even made a thread somewhere in the CS that they need to get rid of their outsourced forum mods and use decent community members who are interested and stay positive and don't do the whole forum drama thing.

CS usually never respond to threads and then it goes to something generic that usually doesn't apply.. I think this is something that we can all agree on.

I don't see where going to ilum earns a ban in any game, its never considered an exploit to go somewhere by any "normal" means.. if you're under level and you can make it to the planet, this isn't exploiting.. this is an issue/flaw with the games design.

Saying that the planet is CLEARLY marked for lvl 50 players only, sounds to be just a suggestion as it would be in any game, and had I a low level toon that could go to ilum.. I probably would have gone but only if I had a reason to IE just did scavenging and needed higher level nodes.. and hopefully not get killed along the way.

HOWEVER...

I bet someone took all this time to post this thread, post it on Reddit and haven't even taken the time to email the disputes email provided.

Sooo... here we are. @ any rate contact the email address provided.. send an email to the community manager or CEO of bioware/ea.

If that doesn't work then provide this information to a news site and see if they will help you get the word out so that this gets changed *however* I would only use that method as a last resort.

Edited by Shammus

Can BW just put in a easy fix on this? :confused: I mean if they are using low level alts to swap the nodes, then just make Ilum nodes non-gatherable/accessable to anyone lower than a certain level. This way if it's BW's intent to let the nodes be swapped, they can keep the intent and disallow the lowbies from having access to them.

If you look closely at that second image, you'll see they didn't block out something in particular on the 4th and 5th lines

"We can see that your character, (blacked out) was used to violate our Terms of Service on the (blacked out) server.

name> server."

I call shenanigans

Fact: The level of those characters who were banned had NOTHING to do with why they were banned.

Fact: The act of node flip trading had nothing to do with why they were banned.

Fact: Something else that was exploited into oblivion....and it was just that, an exploit, is the cause for the bans.

Fact: OP tried to make out a serious violation of TOS/ EULA as a simple 'banned for being too low' to get the community behind him. Don't believe any of this drivel.

There is a rule in the EULA that states you may not have a character that is in the possesion of credits/items/gear or other forms of loot that are considered to be alot higher then that character should normaly have at that lvl.

They are banning these people to prevent the obvious gold farming issues that may arise when this keeps going.

Though I agree that these people should not have been BANNED but instead warned. I do also think they should have read the EULA.

There is a rule in the EULA that states you may not have a character that is in the possesion of credits/items/gear or other forms of loot that are considered to be alot higher then that character should normaly have at that lvl.

Though I agree that these people should not have been BANNED but instead warned. I do also think they should have read the EULA.

That means if you are a level 20 buying gear for level 40/50 you can be banned under these terms.

A+

So they are banning people for exploits that they should have fixed themselves? :S

I get the implications of what the person was doing and I get that Bioware has their hands full with launch but I dunno. I see both points of the argument.

Edited by ForceMaster

That means if you are a level 20 buying gear for level 40/50 you can be banned under these terms.

A+

If that's true, can be banned, and will be banned are 2 different things. they can put anything they want into their EULA.....but if they start enforcing terrible rules, they won't keep a playerbase large enough to support the game to begin with.

This is an OP who posted false accusations, and an email that was badly editted... Notice the name after Dear was deleted, while the others were covered up/blackened. Also, there was no name of who the CS agent was on the email. There was a lot more done to that email than what we see....and no way to prove who the OP even received it from, other than the email name/header, which they send that same header out with ingame tickets, so could easily be faked.

Where did you garner this knowledge oh Mr Psychic?

Can you tell me tomorrow's winning lottery numbers?

It has been revealed that those banned players were using a low level character exploit to spawn rewards without risk completely outside the design. Using exploits is a bannable offence.

#1 Where has this been "revealed"?

#2 If that is what is happening, why does the email mention level at all. If that were truly the issue, it has nothing to do with level. 50s on opposing factions would be able to exploit in exactly the same fashion and achieve the same results. The entire mention of level in the email would be a red herring having nothing to do with the ban.

They are banning these people to prevent the obvious gold farming issues that may arise when this keeps going.

Wait what!?!?

That cant be true.... thats rediculous.

How i am reading this, that would mean i cant have lvl 40 gear on my lvl 20?

I just found some lvl 39 gear on my lvl 39 BH that was for a Sith Jugg, so i send it to my lvl 20 Sith Jugg... i havent yet found the time to put it on my ship.. and since i have enough bagspace, i didnt plan on putting it there anytime soon....

Does this mean i can get BANNED for having this gear with me???

Or what if i want to spread out my cashflow and sent 200k to a lvl 1 bank character... can i get banked then also!?!?

O_o

Sounds strange to say the least.