Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

social.bioware.com search his name or google him. He is in gaming news often for his many acts such as banning people from the forums and disabling their ability to play games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2

He needs to come over to SWTOR then.

Well...its a zone for level 50s...and this guy goes in and starts looting stuff intended for level 50s.

I got nothing wrong with someone getting punished for that.

I really hope your opinion isn't prevalent in this community. If so....this game is doomed.

Edited by PjPablo

social.bioware.com search his name or google him. He is in gaming news often for his many acts such as banning people from the forums and disabling their ability to play games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2

Yep, he has a zero-tolerance policy towards overly-opinionated jerks and morons whose egoes override their intellect and sense of respect. Should be given a medal, imo. :p

Ahh alright.

OP isnt giving the full story and trying to bend the minds of us to try and make us feel sorry for his boyfriend or whatever.

Basically, they got caught exploiting and got banned, justice is served, deal with it, Knights of the Told Republic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk&feature=g-like&context=G29b846dALTvom0AABAA

This is why those people are being banned.

Ignore all the people claiming they just got banned for going there. They are lying. The people getting banned are there exploiting.

If it's the PvP exploiting solely that's the issue, then yes I have no problem with them banning those people.

However, if I can get on Ilum and harvest nodes or loot chest in the open ( while not exploiting to do so mind you ) and be banned for it, then that is not fine.

That's what needs to be clarified.

Yep, he has a zero-tolerance policy towards overly-opinionated jerks and morons whose egoes override their intellect and sense of respect. Should be given a medal, imo. :p

He wouldn't be working with/for Chris Priestly if that was his determining criteria.

No, what he has is low self esteem and can't stand when someone gets one over on him ( which is quite easy ).

Edited by Zorvan

They are banning people because they go to a certain zone? I've never in my life heard of anything like this. If this is true, bioware will lose a lot of credibility.

they weren't banned for going there they were banned for exploiting there.

The OP was nice enough to leave that out.

Well...its a zone for level 50s...and this guy goes in and starts looting stuff intended for level 50s.

I got nothing wrong with someone getting punished for that.

How about a level 50 "interfering" in a low level area, where they can easily kill mobs, possibly killing a boss that players of the correct level need in order to complete quests and thusly spoiling the gameplay for them, is this not the same thing in reverse, or is it beucase its gear and money, ie material gain that makes it worse?

The whole thing is a joke imo, and the mods on here censor everything they dont like it seems to.

The whole thing is a joke imo, and the mods on here censor everything they dont like it seems to.

Yeah, they'll even remove your post for "circumventing the filter" when it's their own forum filter that adds the "****"'s to post in place of cuss words, simply because they can't think of a better reason to remove it.

they weren't banned for going there they were banned for exploiting there.

The OP was nice enough to leave that out.

They were banned for opening Security chests on a planet that they can travel too. Thats Bioware's **** up there.

As for Win Flipping, its happening like crazy anywhere as the design of the zone is totally flawed. Even when people are trying to fight it legitimately its just Republic Group takes Objective A while Imperial Group takes Objective B, then they switch to different objectives. No one fights, they just run around capturing the points which seemingly have 0 downtime to recapture.....

I'm afraid of getting a ban just because of doing that, but I don't see where anything is wrong its not like we're communicating or intentionally doing it. Its just actually difficult to have a fight where theres only a handful of people running around a gigantic zone, we don't run into each other at the same time.

They should just disable the World PVP until they pull their heads of their asses and if they don't want people under level 40 on Ilum, don't let them fly there.

Edited by Lightmgl

I'm pretty sure the whole reason they are banning people under 40 or whatever..

is because empire out numbers rep 5-1 on most servers..

so Empire rarely gets to do their dailies, so some people decide hey, ima make a low level toon, get my ship, fly to Ilum and let guildies / anyone farm me to finish the dailies..

so THATS why they are banning

Earlier in the thread, people had mentioned they were going to replicate the alleged behavior to try and get a ban or warning. Has anyone tried this and been banned? If so and no ban, we are for sure not getting the whole story. Edited by Inhalcator

Anyone remember when that guild...oh what was their name...got that world first kill of heroic lich king taken away and their entire guild got suspended because someone used a grenade the wrong way? I am pretty sure there is way more to this story than just "I went to Ilum at a low level and got banned."

Anyone remember when that guild...oh what was their name...got that world first kill of heroic lich king taken away and their entire guild got suspended because someone used a grenade the wrong way? I am pretty sure there is way more to this story than just "I went to Ilum at a low level and got banned."

The rest of the story is that you have no idea what your talking about. So shut up now.