Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty easy to fake a screenshot of an email...mind-numbingly simple in fact. But let's pretend that the email is real for a moment. Even if it is, the player was not banned for simply "going to Ilum" as claimed in the subject header. So right up front there's a clear intent to deceive going on.

Read the OP. Not just the header. I have been continually updating it with information as the topic progresses. Read the posted screenshot, it declares what the bannable offense was. It was nothing more than traveling to a zone too high level and leveling up tradeskill.

looting a high level box is not hacking or cheating. I constantly go to areas above my level to try to increase the challenge and in hopes of finding greater experience and better loot to give me an advantage. Its a part of natural gameplay ...part of the game dynamic itself. This guy just took that principal to a greater extreme but there is no crime here......beyond bioware's crime in banning

You cannot break a "rule" that does not exist. If EAware is going to allow GM's to arbitrarily make up "rules" as they see fit, then there's no point in even bothering with the game.

One of the rules is that you must follow GM direction in the game. If it is communicated to you that they dont want you there and you continue than you have violated a rule.

ok id like to draw you attention to the 2nd paragraph, sorry bud but your friend was told in game his fault there in black and white. sorry bud and they warning are the in place for a reason, not hard to work it out really

What, when they told him Ilum is intended for level 50 only and that this is communicated clearly in the game?

Well then, I'll just take my level 36 and park him on korriban, which is clearly stated in the game to only be for level 1-10. guess they'll have to ban me, right? After all, the game clearly says it's not for my level, right?

looting a high level box is not hacking or cheating. I constantly go to areas above my level to try to increase the challenge and in hopes of finding greater experience and better loot to give me an advantage. Its a part of natural gameplay ...part of the game dynamic itself. This guy just took that principal to a greater extreme but there is no crime here......beyond bioware's crime in banning

If they say you cannot do it then you cannot do it. The email states (which everyone seems to be ignoring) that it was CLEARLY communicated in the game to NOT do this. If you are told do not do something I suggest you listen or you will end up banned next.

Wowwww here comes the death of SWTOR, bad customer service = a waste of millions =/ I almost might cancel my sub now.

Lol, if you cancel your sub because of this, you have problems...

Its like me saying Comcast cs sucks and they shut my internet off because I was downloading too much, would you cancel your comcast?

By seeing your post I can freely assume you really do not own anything.

One of the rules is that you must follow GM direction in the game. If it is communicated to you that they dont want you there and you continue than you have violated a rule.

GM can say all he wants, unless there's a written rule it don't mean squat.

And if bans by GM's making up their own rules are upheld, then this game will lose players quite quickly when it's made well known.

If they say you cannot do it then you cannot do it. The email states (which everyone seems to be ignoring) that it was CLEARLY communicated in the game to NOT do this. If you are told do not do something I suggest you listen or you will end up banned next.

Yeah, you know what the GM means by "CLEARLY COMMUNICATED"? Because the level of the planet is 50. That's what the GM is going by.

So the GM is an idiot. Again, they better come ban my 36 on Korriban, the level 1-10 planet. It's CLEARLY COMMUNICATED that it's for level 1-10 only.

Edited by Zorvan

And if bans by GM's making up their own rules are upheld, then this game will lose players quite quickly when it's made well known.

Who told you the rule has to be written? There is a rule that basically says "follow all GM direction at all times". Id suggest people listen or you will be the next ones banned. They obviously have reasons behind their rule. Its not up to you to question it or play OJ's law team. There are no appeals you are just banned. You dont have to like the rules but you do have to follow them.

Yeah, you know what he means by "CLEARLY COMMUNICATED? Because the level of the planet is 50. That's what the GM is going by.

So the GM is an idiot. Again, they better come ban my 36 on Korriban, the level 1-10 planet. It's CLEARLY COMMUNICATED that it's for level 1-10 only.

Again you have no idea what was communicated. It wasnt your acct you are just assuming things. Also if you keep it up you might get a perm ban then your issue will be solved. So be careful with your little protest.

Who told you the rule has to be written? There is a rule that basically says "follow all GM direction at all times". Id suggest people listen or you will be the next ones banned. They obviously have reasons behind their rule. Its not up to you to question it or play OJ's law team. There are no appeals you are just banned. You dont have to like the rules but you do have to follow them.

Whatever bro. That GM better get cracking, because I'm going to put characters on every planet that are outside that planets level range.

This sounds like a Stanley Woo rule

Stanley is a Bioware mod who insults everyone on the Bioware forums and ends his posts with "End of Line"

Ok, I dunno if it has been said yet or not and I'm not going through 30+ pages to find out. If you are going to a higher level world for the sole purpose of farming crafting materials, you are violating the rules laid out by Bioware.

Simply put, Bioware does not want any "bank alts" "farmers" or anything of the sort. We've known this ever since they put the first beta out. We all agreed to this when we signed the EULA and ToS. You did read that right?

Always read it.

Huh? I've read the ToS and I can't find anywhere that it says "THOU SHALL NOT HAVE a)BANK ALTS b) FARMING ALTS c) CRAFTING ALTS!"

I mean if Bioware wants to limit the appeal of their game, that's their god given right. Doesn't mean we have to play the game their way.

Unless you're trolling about your statement. If that's the case then +1 to troll abilities.

Again you have no idea what was communicated. It wasnt your acct you are just assuming things. Also if you keep it up you might get a perm ban then your issue will be solved. So be careful with your little protest.

All the information communicated is posted on this forum. There was no GM direction, merely a ban and the email provided.

Well I will be testing this. If any it would make it a lot easier to decide to stay here or go back to WoW. Not gonna bother if thy ban people for running around in an unusual but otherwise open zone. No matter what you are doing there. Even if people are deliberately going there at low levels slicing their lower backsides of and trying to flip the planet to the other side it shoudl be fine. They made pvp so that lvl 1 vs lvl 50 would be a balanced fight so they should not be complaning when low levels are taking over high level zones. Thats how pvp works in games. If they don't want lowbies there then level lock the planet. If it's possible then it's fair game.

I have no idea? Apparently, unlike some, I can not only read but I can also comprehend!

From the email:

"Ilum is intended for level 50 characters and this is clearly communicated in game."

So there ya go. That is EXACTLY what the GM was going by, the level of the planet.

And a perma ban? Bring it on. Because they'll have to perma ban every other person with characters on planets outside those planets levels. How long you think they'll have a game then, genius?

I have no idea? Apparently, unlike some, I can not only read but I can also comprehend!

From the email:

"Ilum is intended for level 50 characters and this is clearly communicated in game."

So there ya go. That is EXACTLY what the GM was going by, the level of the planet.

And a perma ban? Bring it on. Because they'll have to perma ban every other person with characters on planets outside those planets levels. How long you think they'll have a game then, genius?

Probably a lot longer than you'll be playing with a perm ban :D

This sounds like a Stanley Woo rule

Stanley is a Bioware mod who insults everyone on the Bioware forums and ends his posts with "End of Line"

Yes, I'm well aware of Mr. Woo after having to deal with both his and Chris Priestly's incompetence on the original Bioware boards for NWN, KotOR, etc., and on their current ones for DA, MA, etc.