Jedi Knight PvP Gear Looks Atrocious

Polly_Pocket

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are pretty decent concepts for JK gear, and a lot of it is actually in the game. I like to think that NPCs do wear regular armor meshes, and a lot of them look very nice (see the JK NPCs on the space station).

But for some reason, they're holding out on us. Probably to test our resolve. To see how easily we would fall to the dark side, seeing all their fancy armor designs (except of the atrociously ugly lvl 50 set).

I'm sure they have to add the good looking sets eventually. Everything else would just be mean.

thanks for the massive spoiler in your picture, just ruin the sotry for me why dont you.

You wouldnt believe how many of these I get when i show my companion on fleet (:

I suggest you just close your eyes while playng until you hit 50, someone might have their companion out.

Edited by Maddoxtor

• 1 month later...

I can't help but feel the Knight PVP gear could look so much better with some added robes. Bioware seem pretty content with adding sholderpads to things that dont need sholderpads.

Both the PvE set gear and PvP for Knights are made 100x worse by their odd sholderpads.

In my opinion, removing the backpack & shoulderpad, then adding some interesting robes to the PvP set would make it far better visually.

The PvE gear needs to loose the awful shoulderpads, or atleast tone them down to somethign sensible.

I have to add, the Guardian sets look far more appealing colour-scheme wise than the god-awful choices they made for Sentinels....Orange & White Columni gear...gold PvP gear...It all looks dreadful.

That's the way civil rights work, man. You don't stop rattling the cage just because somebody from on high says you'll be free- you keep going til you're free.

And yes, this is a battle for a freedom.

THE FREEDOM TO WEAR PVP ARMOR THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED SOMEBODY WHO HAS HEARD OF STAR WARS!

I have BEEN to the mountain top, and it's FULL of AWESOME PVP GEAR that does NOT look like a HALF BAKED SPACE SAMURAI. Amen!

First I saw that armour at the vendor i wanted to gouge my eye off.

Then I decided we just need to brutally kill the person who was responsible for that design. Then I recalled the rest of the armours and thought that the entire designer team needs to be dipped in molten lava for creating such atrocities.

I mean *** .. there are maybe 2-3 armours that look semi nice but problem I was expecting end game gear to look well .. end game .. epic... nice. I remember Aion and that is the game where armour designers' creations were ... epic. Here though ... it is an epic fail.

P.S. And that is in addition to the absence of hi res textures -__-. Because the devs think that hires will "slow down your PC". Haha... very funny.

That's why I'm wearing a PvE chest. WoW shoulders>love parade prop. My Expertise is in the heavy diminishing return phase anyway.

First I saw that armour at the vendor i wanted to gouge my eye off.

Then I decided we just need to brutally kill the person who was responsible for that design. Then I recalled the rest of the armours and thought that the entire designer team needs to be dipped in molten lava for creating such atrocities.

I mean *** .. there are maybe 2-3 armours that look semi nice but problem I was expecting end game gear to look well .. end game .. epic... nice. I remember Aion and that is the game where armour designers' creations were ... epic. Here though ... it is an epic fail.

P.S. And that is in addition to the absence of hi res textures -__-. Because the devs think that hires will "slow down your PC". Haha... very funny.

The guy responsible for it must be dressed in it and tied to a pole on a large, city square.

Edited by Helig

Why post low Rez crap? if you want to see what it looks like in game see this post: http://www.swtorface.com/2012/01/swtor-its-all-about-look.html all screen shots in this post are max settings in game and from 1900x1080 screen shots.

As you can see in game it looks good I never show the helm as most do suck.

I play a Jedi and I want my character to look like a Jedi - not like a man-child in a Halloween costume\Anime cosplayer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.