Two Accounts

darthyrag

When I tell people I play two SWTOR accounts they pretty much think I'm crazy. Does anyone else do this? I like having two accounts. I do it in every game I play. I just enjoy the leveling process and building up legacy a few times.  Even when I had to call CS to fix something I had to explain I had two accounts in my name. They were like "Why" so yeah, its a bit weird I guess :) 

Edited by darthyrag

I only thought it was crazy when I was a young kid and couldn't even afford 1 subscription, let alone subscriptions for multiple accounts. I remember one of my school bus drivers had 5 accounts in Everquest. It blew my mind. I thought he was rich! :jawa_eek:

These days, I haven't felt the need to create multiple accounts in any game. I think the hassle of managing multiple accounts is just too much for me. The benefits don't really make up for it for me, but for people that like this, I say more power to them. :jawa_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't , just don't do that! I wasn't even playing on two accounts but i was targeted by a "wise old man forum veteran" who claimed he KNOWS FOR SURE i have more accounts - truth is my parents were using the same computer to do their Hutta heroics, but i never had access to their passwords, e-mail accounts or any other sensitive info.

Be very very wary of what you say here, as soon as your opinion will stop being the same as the opinion of the "wise old man forum veteran", he will DOXX you.

29 minutes ago, Hrafnhildur said:

Don't , just don't do that! I wasn't even playing on two accounts but i was targeted by a "wise old man forum veteran" who claimed he KNOWS FOR SURE i have more accounts - truth is my parents were using the same computer to do their Hutta heroics, but i never had access to their passwords, e-mail accounts or any other sensitive info.

Be very very wary of what you say here, as soon as your opinion will stop being the same as the opinion of the "wise old man forum veteran", he will DOXX you.

Targeted for what?  Having multiple accounts is not against the TOS.  Lots of players run 2 or more accounts, and they'll even sub to more than one sometimes, which is just more revenue for the game.

If you were accused of using them for win-trading or something, that's not allowed even if you have only one account.  It's not the multiple accounts that was the problem there.  In fact, if someone targeted you for doing what's allowed by the ToS then they're at fault and should have been reported for harrassment.

I don't run multiple accounts, since I like having the account wide collections and whatnot.  For that 'fresh new legacy' experience I just roll an alt on a new server.  Don't transfer an existing character to a new server, that transfers your legacy achieves too.  Just make a brand new char and new legacy.

7 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

The key word is highlighted: "claimed".  I find it ... unlikely ... that this person was telling the truth about this knowledge.

On 9/29/2024 at 2:44 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

The key word is highlighted: "claimed".  I find it ... unlikely ... that this person was telling the truth about this knowledge.

This was an old conflict ( 2022) and back then i didn't knew having more than one account or having more than one player per household is not against the ToS. And you are right, it is highly improbable for someone who's not a part of the BS staff to have access to the whois function on forum.

And about win trade, i never sold anything for real money, not items not operations team membership, the only NiM i ever did was Nefra.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2024 at 4:16 PM, Hrafnhildur said:

having more than one player per household

Making that against the ToS would be a very poor idea, and I've never heard of any MMORPG banning it.

On 10/21/2024 at 4:45 PM, AFadedMemory said:

The real question is how many of us play them at the same time. 

I haven't done it for a while now, but back when Social Points were a thing, I used to have a max-level character on one account drag a mid-low character from another account round Black Talon or The Esseles for (a) social points for both accounts and (b) XP for the lowbie.  Two PCs side-by-side, two mice, two keyboards, and extensive use of /follow.