The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master the Fight: Firebolt Edition Bundle is now live and available until Sept 23!

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, 

Heads up that the Master the Fight bundle just went live. Please note the following info regarding the bundle and what it includes: 

• The bundle is available until September 23, 2024
  • 180 days of subscription time
  • 5,500 Cartel Coins
  • The Vectron 240R Firebolt — This exclusive mount is rideable at level 1 and has a quick hotrod burst mode when initially mounted.
  • Metallic Red Dyes — Each character created will get 5 of each exclusive Primary Red Metallic Dye and Secondary Red Metallic Dye Bound to Legacy so you can share them between characters on the account.

Thanks!

Vectron240RFirebolt.png

Mandalorian_Nomad_Primary_Secondary_Red.png

Refined_Primary_Secondary_Red.png

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JackieKo said:
  • Each character created will get 5 of each

just wanting to clarify because of this wording: will all existing characters get the dyes in their inbox as with other items from reward codes, or only newly created characters?

and also, will they stack in inventory?  that's a lot of slots taken up if not

• Like 3

I feel as though this would have been a great opportunity to make dyes usable more than once, as has been asked for many times. Even just letting these kind of dyes be used twice or thrice would make them much more valuable to players. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Metallic Red Dyes — Each character created will get 5 of each exclusive Primary Red Metallic Dye and Secondary Red Metallic Dye Bound to Legacy so you can share them between characters on the account

Does this mean that I would be getting basically infinite amount of those dyes forever by creating new character and transferring them to another character?

Bought the pack and got the mount and 5 dyes each in the mail on all existing characters I logged into. The mount is character bound, the dyes are legacy bound.

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Is it intentional that this offer costs $99.99 for US players and €99.99 ($108) for EU players?

Seems unfair, other swtor store offers are usually adjusted automatically.

• Like 2

The currency conversion on this means its such a bad deal for people paying in GBP which is a shame as I would have purchased this if it offered the same value it does for people paying in USD.

£89.99 for the bundle 

180 days is £46.14 

5500 cc is £23.99 

totalling £70.13, so you are paying an extra £20 for the mount and dyes. 

For USD the 180 days + cc is $117.93 so straight away your saving money with out the dyes and mount. 

@JackieKo Can this be looked at or at least addressed? 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ulathar said:

Bought the pack and got the mount and 5 dyes each in the mail on all existing characters I logged into. The mount is character bound, the dyes are legacy bound.

Does the mount have a cooldown on the quick burst like kickstart?

12 minutes ago, GabeNarciso said:

Does the mount have a cooldown on the quick burst like kickstart?

No. It looks to me like this "burst mode" is simply the mount's flourish. With it you can change between normal and hot rod / burst mode. But it's only the mount's animation, not an actual ingame speed boost. I travelled a certain area in my stronghold with it active and inactive - the time I needed to travel the distance was exactly the same. The animation, especially the switch between, is pretty nice, though.

Please, correct me if I am wrong / missing something.

Edited by Ulathar

4 minutes ago, Ulathar said:

No. It looks to me like this "burst mode" is simply the mount's flourish. With it you can change between normal and hot rod / burst mode. But it's only the mount's animation, not an actual ingame speed boost. I travelled a certain area in my stronghold with it active and inactive - the time I needed to travel the distance was exactly the same. The animation, especially the switch between, is pretty nice, though.

Please, correct me if I am wrong / missing something.

According to the post, the speed burst is only when you first mount so any flourish it has wouldn’t make a difference. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

According to the post, the speed burst is only when you first mount so any flourish it has wouldn’t make a difference. 

What happens if you dismount and mount over and over again? Does the speed boost work each time?
This is literally gonna be the deciding factor for me in buying this bundle. I was livid when they nerfed the original razor's kickstart. 

Edited by GabeNarciso

4 minutes ago, GabeNarciso said:

What happens if you dismount and mount over and over again? Does the speed boost work each time?
This is literally gonna be the deciding factor for me in buying this bundle. I was livid when they nerfed the original razor's kickstart. 

Couldn’t tell you.  I’m at work and haven’t bought the bundle.  I responded there because the previous poster didn’t seem to understand how the boost was supposed to work.  Or at least that’s what I got from his post, who knows. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Couldn’t tell you.  I’m at work and haven’t bought the bundle.  I responded there because the previous poster didn’t seem to understand how the boost was supposed to work.  Or at least that’s what I got from his post, who knows. 

Thank you - you are correct, I didn't quite understand how the burst was supposed to work. 
Now I tested it some more and there is indeed a kickstart burst when mounting. I used a stopwatch to roughly time it: it looks to me like there is a speed burst for about 2 seconds when you mount up. Then, after it slows to normal speed, I unmounted + mounted again a few times. It seems there is a cool down of about 5 or 6 seconds before it works again. 

1 hour ago, jamiesafc said:

The currency conversion on this means its such a bad deal for people paying in GBP which is a shame as I would have purchased this if it offered the same value it does for people paying in USD.

£89.99 for the bundle 

180 days is £46.14 

5500 cc is £23.99 

totalling £70.13, so you are paying an extra £20 for the mount and dyes. 

For USD the 180 days + cc is $117.93 so straight away your saving money with out the dyes and mount. 

@JackieKo Can this be looked at or at least addressed? 

It was the same with the last bundle and they said they'd "look into it" and we never heard another word about it. So annoying that they once again can't properly match their own prices outside of the US.

• Like 1

New mount has a 10 second internal cooldown on speed boost. Utilizes exact same Razor's Kickstart passive. Cannot stack with Razor's Kickstart passive.

For those who don't know the Razor's Kickstart tactical was actually shadow nerfed for a second time in the most recent patch. You can no longer keybind the tactical to your quickbar with two in your inventory to bypass the internal cooldown on the speed boost. Its clear now that this new mount is the reason it was ruined.

Furthermore, the new Primary Red Dye and Secondary Red Dyes have a worse color than the already existing Metallic Red dyes available from the cartel market. I hope it is a bug that will be fixed. 

Final thing I'll say because it's upsetting is that the new Metallic Black and Chrome White dye modules were also "Nerfed" in the recent game update. Pictures for these problems are linked in my post.

dye modules compared one.png

dye modules compared two.png

• Like 8

The other "metallic" red dyes are actually labeled as a Pearlescent Red Dye. So those are a bit brighter. The new dyes are specifically label as "metallic" not pearlescent, so will be a different shade of red. So far I find them to be a bit more on the darker side. Maybe a maroon type of color. And so far I'm diggin it! And love the sounds of the mount. You put flames on any mount and I'm getting it 🔥I love fire!

5 minutes ago, AlainaFlute said:

The other "metallic" red dyes are actually labeled as a Pearlescent Red Dye. So those are a bit brighter. The new dyes are specifically label as "metallic" not pearlescent, so will be a different shade of red. So far I find them to be a bit more on the darker side. Maybe a maroon type of color. And so far I'm diggin it!

Agreed, I actually think I really like the darker metallic red color of these even better on a lot of outfits compared to the ultra bright shiny red of the red/black dyes! 

• Like 1

So $150 AUD for a lengthy sub time, trove of CC, unique mount and a bunch of dyes that are in there just to pad/inflate the price. OH! And FOMO on top of it!

My entire Steam wishlist costs less than this entire bundle. 

This is genuinely insulting considering how content has been drip fed for so long, despite what little excitement people get for the next 2hrs of story following plot threads no one cares about anymore.

I'm disgusted.

• Like 1

Soooo...the colors not matching the preview in this post...bug or working as intended?

/edit Tried them on the Mandalorian Nomad set, which looks just fine. Everything else is just tinged black.

Edited by Byssrider
added info

Well I don't like the mount and I don't need the dyes, so basically it's a bunch of CC and a sub for the price of the same amount of CC and same sub bought separately (at least in Europe).

I'll pass, but if someone is in need of a 6 month sub AND a lot of CC at the same time, I guess it's an opportunity. Other than that, I find it too expensive, and prefer buying what I need when I need it.

5 hours ago, Byssrider said:

Soooo...the colors not matching the preview in this post...bug or working as intended?

/edit Tried them on the Mandalorian Nomad set, which looks just fine. Everything else is just tinged black.

It's very disappointing.  I've previewed it on over 30 armors for my Mercenary and found only a few where it doesn't look black.  It seems they purposely picked the only armor in the game where it looks good for their preview images.

reddye.thumb.jpg.c3bb5b37d407f60b496cdf85ab95a6e4.jpg

Edited by Screaming_Ziva
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1