Bessi the Useless

fatsi

This is the same as for other comps you can acquire (particularly non-humanoid ones), so not surprised. She can farm mats however, but essentially the reward here is a unique comp you cannot buy or attain through a quick quest. Whether that is reward enough for the effort is up to each player, and I can certainly understand those who would say it is not.

I've seen someone comment that, as far as in combat, it's functionally no different than the Shae Vizla companion.

If that's true, it's definitely not worth the trouble of getting Bessi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swqael said:

I've seen someone comment that, as far as in combat, it's functionally no different than the Shae Vizla companion.

Spoiler

Unless it's a Shae replacement. As I'm sure there will be a DS option to off her, for her betrayal later on in the story.

11 hours ago, swqael said:

She is Shae but with unique animations for all of her abilities, compared to the actual Shae who has unique anim's for 2 tank abilities and her dps aoe

Gameplay wise, yes, they are absolutely no different from each other

On 7/23/2024 at 3:25 PM, swqael said:

Maybe Bessi is a replacement.  Shae may get killed off by Heta or Malgus turn on her...

1 hour ago, kgaydos said:

Maybe Bessi is a replacement.  Shae may get killed off by Heta or Malgus turn on her...

Even if she does die due to the story, they won't take her away as a companion.  Bessi is also unlikely to be a major part of the story due to being optional.

18 hours ago, kgaydos said:

The Shae comp is and was a reward. It's an extra comp. Even after that last story cutscene, you can still summon her. 

Even if Bessi is functionally the same as Shae it will be nice to have variety. Shae is by far and away the best dps comp and it gets a bit boring venturing out into the world with the same dps companion. I do switch it up all the time for variety but if I'm in a rush I just want to mow down mobs and Shae is the best for that. Will have no issue replacing her with Bessi for that purpose. 

Nice to know it can't craft/do crafting missions. I didn't touch it at all. As if it doesn't exist. Didn't acquire the mount version (similar look) because it wasn't my taste. Quite far from it. Have more than enough crafting companions already. And better looking as well... I guess it's a nice addition for collectors or those who really like the mount as well.

Was really asking myself if I would skip GS7 (as I did with 5, sorry maybe for the CC not acquired) but I read bounty hunting event and the season will be connected. Those with a price on their head should be worried...

On 7/24/2024 at 3:45 PM, kgaydos said:

Shae was originally a reward. She’ll probably live but be retired/phased out of the story but still usable. I’d say many/most of the class companions that came back as alliance alert companions are essentially in a state of retired from a story perspective but we can still use/summon them. 

I don’t think the devs would really add a choice that removes her.  In story content, Kill choices makes a companion unavailable, I don’t think they’d do that to a companion that was a reward.

can already see the uproar over taking away a reward companion through a story/kill decision … plus, while i don’t use Shae, many say she has best dps. I can imagine the added commotion to that.

Edited by absolutetristan

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, if there is a difference it is slight. Two of us compared Shae with B3-S1 live and there didn't appear to be much different.

Right now I'm kinda bummed I took all the time to get her. Maybe they're going to allow her to upgraded in the future?

Edited by Kri-gal

For anyone who has unlocked Bessi. Where is it? What I mean… is it like the GS Companions that are added and take up space on ship. Somewhere on Odessen. Or just in Lane’s lab on Ruhnuk.

and does it have a decoration?

I know, probably the most insignificant minute details about the companion but wanted to know 

Edited by absolutetristan

10 hours ago, Kri-gal said:

Right now I'm kinda bummed I took all the time to get her. Maybe they're going to allow her to upgraded in the future?

I sincerely hope they do not upgrade her in the future.  Bessie should not be better than any other comp just because she came from the venture system.  

• Like 1

For me, Bessi is just a time filler between seasons. Something to do since I no longer PVP or do OPs. I'm almost done with level 9, and I have her at 11 affection wise. She's actually weaker than other companions at that level, health wise definitely. As I said, something to do, and I've actually rather enjoyed the Ventures addition to the game, for what it is.

As for upgrades, maybe they'll add a way to give her opposable thumbs so she can also do crafting, or at least partake of crafting missions since she can gather mats in the wild. 

• Like 1