Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

B3-S1 Bessi at 5/11 and RNG of training modules

I give up.  

2 charactrers, did the usual memory chips.  

Then took them out to do those missions and extra ones to get training modules.  Turned them in, hit weekly cap on the data.  Got new missions.

I needed 1 Black Hole to finish level 5 from last week.  Did not get one.  I have 2 bank holds now full of missions.  I have yet to use my prototype data, and still have 8 memory chips to collect.

Still have not gotten 1 Black hole mission.  I have enough missions to complete every other level from now on, with extras.

I give up until there is an update (and there will have to be one at some point, when no one really does this companion), as this is simply not fun.  

Congrats to all the players who have no issues.

• Sad 1

Got stuck last week on Repair 6. 

Doing this on 10 toons and got stuck on Ruhnuk 4/5 - Oricon 2/5 and Onderon 3/5

Had dozens of mission rewards I couldn't use with the cap

This week I got 1 Ruhnuk and 2 Oricon and no Onderon at all after using all memory chips 10/10 

Just found the guide with what comes next and am currently stashing away those i will need.  Sadly the weeks leading up to now i burned thru Ossus alot and now have only ONE banked for future use. 

I am enjoying the system and will put in the time but the system needs a bit of tweaking for sure.

3 hours ago, Taurax said:

I give up.  

2 charactrers, did the usual memory chips.  

Then took them out to do those missions and extra ones to get training modules.  Turned them in, hit weekly cap on the data.  Got new missions.

I needed 1 Black Hole to finish level 5 from last week.  Did not get one.  I have 2 bank holds now full of missions.  I have yet to use my prototype data, and still have 8 memory chips to collect.

Still have not gotten 1 Black hole mission.  I have enough missions to complete every other level from now on, with extras.

I give up until there is an update (and there will have to be one at some point, when no one really does this companion), as this is simply not fun.  

Congrats to all the players who have no issues.

I've been sitting on 4/5 Iokath for 2 weeks now.  Ran through all 20 of my chips last week and got NONE (so 0 for 40).  Already ran through my first 8 characters today after the reset and struck out again (0 for 16).  This whole process is nonsense for a goofy looking companion nobody cares about that just does what every other companion does.  Shameful!

• Sad 1

• Dev Post

Hey all!

Wanted to update this thread and follow up on a previous post. Game Update 7.5b will contain a change to help mitigate the RNG factor for the Training Modules. With this upcoming patch, players will be able to purchase Daily Area specific Training Modules from HK-24. There are more fixes for the system as a whole on the way, but I wanted to highlight this change specifically.

As this is a new system, we appreciate the feedback coming in on the overall player experience. We want to balance out what the progression feels like for a long term goal so we will be keeping an eye out for feedback as players continue on their way to fully unlocking B3-S1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

25 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hey all!

Wanted to update this thread and follow up on a previous post. Game Update 7.5b will contain a change to help mitigate the RNG factor for the Training Modules. With this upcoming patch, players will be able to purchase Daily Area specific Training Modules from HK-24. There are more fixes for the system as a whole on the way, but I wanted to highlight this change specifically.

As this is a new system, we appreciate the feedback coming in on the overall player experience. We want to balance out what the progression feels like for a long term goal so we will be keeping an eye out for feedback as players continue on their way to fully unlocking B3-S1.

@JackieKo Would it be possible, since pretty much everyone has been using up the resources, that we would get a 1-time weekly reset on this, in order for some of us who have used in frustration our very low weekly allotment, to have either the weekly amount reset so we can continue earning this week...or simply add to the weekly amounts (instead of 300 make it 600, 600 prototype could then be made to 1000-1200.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

I've been sitting on 4/5 Iokath for 2 weeks now.  Ran through all 20 of my chips last week and got NONE (so 0 for 40).  Already ran through my first 8 characters today after the reset and struck out again (0 for 16).  This whole process is nonsense for a goofy looking companion nobody cares about that just does what every other companion does.  Shameful!

Quoting myself.  I just went back and finished the rest of the full 20 on my main server, no Iokath (so 0 for 40 today). Then I went and did 23 more (all 20 plus I bought 3 from the droid) on the other server and no Iokath again.  Between last week and this week well over 100 missions in a row with no Iokath.  I see Jackie's post above which is great moving forward, but that doesn't help for myself or everyone else who has burned unlimited time and resources and been getting screwed over the past several weeks with how things were now.  Just terrible, terrible decision making and development all around for this program.  It shouldn't take weeks of player outrage for a change.....

Edited by DarthNillard

6 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey all!

This is a welcome change, thank you. In the future because I do like the Venture system some RNG protection needs to be build into it. 

7 hours ago, Taurax said:

@JackieKo Would it be possible, since pretty much everyone has been using up the resources, that we would get a 1-time weekly reset on this, in order for some of us who have used in frustration our very low weekly allotment, to have either the weekly amount reset so we can continue earning this week...or simply add to the weekly amounts (instead of 300 make it 600, 600 prototype could then be made to 1000-1200.  

I think even just bumping the weekly cap for each by 50 would go a long way, and baring something really odd with the code, it'd be a change that takes very little time. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tsteenburg said:

I think even just bumping the weekly cap for each by 50 would go a long way, and baring something really odd with the code, it'd be a change that takes very little time. 

Agreed - 100/100/100/300 weekly caps leave no room to buy modules AND research in one week.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 8:13 AM, Ulathar said:

Todayintor has just released an updated version of their B3-S1 guide, including a heads-up for the Yavin IV modules at level 8. Check it out here: https://todayintor.com/2024/05/29/swtor-basilisk-companion-guide/#repair-level-8.

So I did 4 training modules on Yavin IV yesterday for level 8, and all 8 of the missions counted fine. Only issue with Yavin IV seems to be that it is really easy to not have Bessi out when you turn them in since they are talk turn ins that don't unmount you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

So I did 4 training modules on Yavin IV yesterday for level 8, and all 8 of the missions counted fine. Only issue with Yavin IV seems to be that it is really easy to not have Bessi out when you turn them in since they are talk turn ins that don't unmount you.

Yep.  Made the same dumb mistake in Yavin IV 2 times yesterday. Always have Bessi out and not on mount when turning in. Why Yavin doesn’t auto turn in complete vs other daily areas is just the mishmash of programming they have. Needs to be fixed.

20 hours ago, Taurax said:

Agreed. I’m behind on one upgrade because of buying a module with prototype data one time. A reset of weekly caps would be most welcomed. Easier to increase the weekly caps maybe? 

Regarding the currency caps and the updated guides out there...

If the updates are correct, it looks like level 10 to 11 will require 150 (instead of the 50) against 3 objectives. This means we are looking at a two week gating as we can only gain 100 per week to spend. The maximum storage is higher but many of us have had to burn currencies for location missions and not able to build up the extra counts between weeks that could have provided 150 to spend.

Further, it looks like 11+ (we have Bessi as a full-time comp now, but going for the customization) against 3 objectives will require 200, so again likely a two week gating at minimum where the difference between week 1 and 2 is just waiting to turn-in/spend collected research.

Edited by HypSpec

15 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

This. However much it takes to buy a single area specific module should be what the currency caps are increased by. Doesn't punish you if you need to buy a few zones to avoid the punishing rng and gives you a little extra to save for following weeks if the currency isn't used.

• Like 1

OMG. All for a companion?!. I can't tell you how many Training Modules I have stored up in level 5 because they're not the ones I need. Spent my entire allotment of currency looking for the right ones. If they fix it for future people, what about "us" who've already gone thru this and have taken a lot of extra time?

Another complaint I made on a different page is that when you complete a mission with the Basilisk companion, and completion is based on a timer after you've completed all the requirements, and I'm on my speeder when the mission timer actually ends (like in Black Hole door mission with the 4 clicky panels) it doesn't count because the Basilisk wasn't out? Really? Or, like in Iokath where I take control of a turret and complete the mission, but it doesn't count because the Basilisk wasn't out? Really?

UGH!

58 minutes ago, Kri-gal said:

Another complaint I made on a different page is that when you complete a mission with the Basilisk companion, and completion is based on a timer after you've completed all the requirements, and I'm on my speeder when the mission timer actually ends (like in Black Hole door mission with the 4 clicky panels) it doesn't count because the Basilisk wasn't out? Really? Or, like in Iokath where I take control of a turret and complete the mission, but it doesn't count because the Basilisk wasn't out? Really?

UGH!

This issue also appears to be addressed in the patch notes, thankfully. 

• Basilisk Training Missions can now be completed while players are mounted or transformed.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:43 PM, JackieKo said:

With this upcoming patch, players will be able to purchase Daily Area specific Training Modules from HK-24.

Will be very curious to see how they are purchased.  If I gotta trade in a bunch of Prototype Data that just means it takes longer to get to a higher level, there won't be much point.

• Like 1

Is this seriously what you had intended? I know you said you're making an update so we can buy the ones we want, but I have multiple (4) characters with bank slots that look like this.

I needed 1 more CZ-198 Training Module mission and I was done with level 5. So, with all the various currencies I had, I bought a total of 43 Training Modlues to get 1 CZ module. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. I now have 4 toons with banks like this.

Is that really working as intended? How bad does my RNG have to be for that to happen? I'm glad you're fixing it, but 1 stinkin' more module and I was done. Until the update, my only option is to run more pointless missions to get more currency so I can bang my head against this RNG? So, is that working as you originally intended?

Are you going to make a way I can swap these out for ones I need? Heck, I'll trade 5 I don't need for 1 I do.

image.png.eb26a294a8c241a879d353ff849c75da.png

• Like 1

So, I did get a Black Hole today, finally able to complete Lvl5, but now I'm on 6, with no ability to get support, defense, or combat modules as I had used them to get the mission (and a whole lot of others).  I'm basically two weeks progress behind now.  I will live, but I should be done when the sub runs out in 5 months.

But, the above post does give a good question.  "What will we be able to do with all the extra missions, once we have fully upgraded BESI?"   

• Do we just sell them to vendor, but won't that just be a system to get free credits?
  • What will happen to any and all extra of the currencies?  They sit in a tab?  
  • If we continue to run missions past full upgrade, what happens?
Edited by Taurax

2 hours ago, Taurax said:

But, the above post does give a good question.  "What will we be able to do with all the extra missions, once we have fully upgraded BESI?" 

Not sure once we are completely done, but it is likely you will consume a number of those the rest of the way. The last two levels, 10-11 and 11+ (for customization) require 150 and 200 of the currencies respectively (opposed to 100/level 5-9) - also at 10-11 you need to do 5 combat, 5 defense, and 5 support (as opposed to locations). This means having to complete more missions than normal during those levels. You likely prefer dailies in some locations vs others and so with a bank full of them, you'll be able to generate a lot of the needed currencies where you want and have have the right number of each version.

On 6/25/2024 at 8:22 PM, hillmer said:

Agreed - 100/100/100/300 weekly caps leave no room to buy modules AND research in one week.

Yea & given the Random Training Modules: cost 10 Defense/Support/Damage or 12 Prototype Data:

• Got to assume Specific Area, will cost 12+ Defense/Support/Damage or 14+ Prototype Data at least!  :( 
  • Unless they decided to reduce those costs above, which doesn't sound like they did...  
  • And doesn't sound like weekly cap's are increased either, still I'll wait and see...
  • I'd be surprised if they let you trade 2 training modules for 1 specific one, yet perhaps they will?

-- The problem with that, is it present just too many options and variables...

a) It's not only CZ-198 + 11 other area's, then (x3) as it's also Defense, Support & Damage too!

Hense I was thinking the exact same as the person below...

13 hours ago, JLazarillo said:

Will be very curious to see how they are purchased.  If I gotta trade in a bunch of Prototype Data that just means it takes longer to get to a higher level, there won't be much point.

Like you I'll wait and see, ...  :classic_ohmy:

I'm also slightly upset you can't always complete many Heroic missions with Bessie at Influence 1, she stinks at Tanking, Healing, and Damage.   So you can bump her Influence yet you're going to loose that influence you invested not just once, or twice, possible three times!  :classic_sad:

One Example: To show why loosing her influence stinks!

• Black Hole: Counter Eco-Terrorism Mission, at Influence 30 Support, your dead just after patching 1. 
  • Then your back to Med Center to run all the way back, to patch 1 more, die, then 1 more, etc...
  • I should have NEVER 2 in one day, even though I had 2 Black Hole Support Training Missions.
  • Cause sadly Black Hole only has 4 Missions, and while the 3 others were fine...  ...this is one to avoid!

You also require her at least Influence 20+ just to have hope doing (many) Heroic Bonuses too!

• Sure CZ-198 Heroic is fine, regardless if she's Defense/Support/Damage; yet many enough are not.
  • And the example above isn't even a Heroic Mission, just a normal Black Hole Mission.
  • So you'd be far wiser, to focus on other 3 missions (not 1 above) & do the Heroic it's easier!   

*sigh*

Edited by Strathkin

Doesn't Black Hole have at least 5 soloable non Heroics? I am certain I can do 4 and not have to pick up an anti-radiation injector. 2 outside that aren't that one plus freeing ugnauts and another that is planting charges.

Unless this is just Rep side that has 5+ solo missions?

As for Heroics I don't do them with Bessi (other than the required Mek-Sha because there is nothing else to solo).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.