When will Dev's respond to the PvP Community? Take your guess below!

Wilsu_Addar

they remove pvp all together, everytime they announce some "exciting pvp changes" they remove something

2.4 - removed 8v8 ranked

7.2 - ranked in general

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 4:46 PM, sauerkraut said:

Just like any other business on earth. ONLY if it negatively affects them.  

It’s been negatively affecting the player retention numbers since the 5.x era. They literally drove away large cohorts of pvpers & MMO orientated players. They did it again with the MMO orientated players in the 7.0 expansion & then drove the majority of dedicated pvpers away with the 7.2 release. 

I’m sure if it were to affect them on a personal level, they might do something to save themselves. But if it’s only affecting subscriber player retention numbers or the games playability & fun factor, then they won’t do anything as long as the cash shop still makes enough money to pay their wages & shareholder dividends. They have proved over & over since before the 4.x era, that they don’t care if all players leave or hate the game. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Haha 2

On 6/1/2024 at 5:32 AM, Wilsu_Addar said:

When do you think the Dev's will ever respond to the PvP community?  Tomorrow?  Next week?  Next patch?  Never?  

Never

Never, they're just going to let whatever remains of pvp fester. It'll just be the same premades vs the same pugs every match until the pugs all quit and the premades are left constantly begging people in pvp or gen to queue until they quit too from not being able to farm people anymore.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AocaVII said:

They just have one thing on their mind what that DPS or HPS says at the end of the match that's the only thing that matters to them at all.

ngl if that's that it's pretty sad because I didn't find them to be that better. If I manage fine on an assassin against most I take it that this is probably not what they're looking to do ?
Else they'd probably be much more of a menace ?

Might be a weird thing to say but... Aren't they just queing in group because they're bad rather than "I wanna farm damage numbers" ? 

On 6/4/2024 at 3:55 PM, AocaVII said:

No one likes to feel devalued and like their opinion means nothing and where they have no control over something that they love to do. 

Can't wait for that one petition asking for them to hire someone else for PvP or class balance. I'd be curious to see how many people would sign it ngl.
And at this point I think that they're just too afraid to answer. Because they know that they don't have a good answer and will get torn to pieces by the community.

Only one thing left for them if they want to stop being afraid of the PvP community... Get to work, for real. :rak_03:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Considering most of the pvp community decided to stick around despite the grind of pvp seasons, the removal of ranked and class changes that made it better for pve and worse for pvp, along with the drought in terms of new pvp content, i don't think the devs feel like they need to address the pvp community. they know you are happy with breadcrumbs 

Edited by RikuvonDrake
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RikuvonDrake said:

Considering most of the pvp community decided to stick around despite the grind of pvp seasons, the removal of ranked and class changes that made it better for pve and worse for pvp, along with the drought in terms of new pvp content, i don't think the devs feel like they need to address the pvp community. they know you are happy with breadcrumbs 

Did they ? Legit question because I did not follow all the departures of local celebrity :( 
There's no names that I remember on DM at least, so my guess was that either everyone moved to NA (why tho) or stopped playing.

1 minute ago, AocaVII said:

It isn't it about how hard you can hit or how high you can DPS but how hard you can get hit not die and still do the same DPS and still kill the same amount of people that's where work gets done. That's winning. Same for a healer.

ngl "not dying" is not my goal at that point because no I don't play assassin to spend 80% of the time in stealth. If I manage to be in the top three while dying against a full group I'm rather happy. If I see someone forced to use a seismo to try and win, I'm happy. It's that same bit with Thor in the marvel movies. "I'm still worthy", y'know ? :') 
But yeah, score doesn't count if all that you're doing is farming noobs in a group xD Even worse if you still manage to lose.

Just now, AocaVII said:

eah I don't know when it became acceptable to die more than like three or four times and do very high DPS and people still think you're a good player

Since 5.0 roughly, when some class were just so badly imbalanced that just being able to do good damage was enough, because there was no way you could compete against a marauder or a mercenary at the time.

There's really only two ways this is playing out. They're either 1. not reading the forums as many people have predicted, which is unacceptable to ignore your players to the degree they have. Or 2. they have been reading the forums and have decided to deliberately not communicate or engage in any discussions, which honestly makes it much much worse if that's the route they've taken. I'm seriously doubting if they even have someone working on class balance. Last time I think we got an major class changes, and if someone wants to double check and correct me they're free to do so, but last time I remember getting anything was this thread https://forums.swtor.com/topic/928933-planned-class-changes-for-73/ from Shabir, who I sincerely believe either wasn't transferred over with the move to Broadsword, or decided to jump ship from this game and stayed at Bioware to work on other games and it seemed like he was the sole person working on class stuff. Edit to add: or anything to do with pvp in general

Edited by DragoslavRadanov

4 hours ago, DragoslavRadanov said:

There's really only two ways this is playing out. They're either 1. not reading the forums as many people have predicted, which is unacceptable to ignore your players to the degree they have. Or 2. they have been reading the forums and have decided to deliberately not communicate or engage in any discussions, which honestly makes it much much worse if that's the route they've taken. I'm seriously doubting if they even have someone working on class balance. Last time I think we got an major class changes, and if someone wants to double check and correct me they're free to do so, but last time I remember getting anything was this thread https://forums.swtor.com/topic/928933-planned-class-changes-for-73/ from Shabir, who I sincerely believe either wasn't transferred over with the move to Broadsword, or decided to jump ship from this game and stayed at Bioware to work on other games and it seemed like he was the sole person working on class stuff. Edit to add: or anything to do with pvp in general

Jeez. I wish class balancing was a priority. Who knows when we'll see changes again :(

On 6/12/2024 at 10:39 PM, varietasplus said:

Am I the only one to see the absurdity that the developers did not even bother to make a post how offending it was from the community to assume they never read the PVP forums?

So you assume this game has real developer team. This game had real developer team but they slowly left this sinking ship and when EA decided this game is dead they moved to game to a retirement home where it will die slowly and took a few decent staff it has and shipped all useless ones to BS with game. So dont expect anything from dev team because are not gonna do anything. I am sure they spend more time on finding new job than doing anything for game.

• Haha 1