Can we change the 50 smuggler pvp armor from superhero armor to smuggler gear?

BoredOfMMOS

yeah I agree. Its all modeled after Lando. Which isnt bad but both the pve sets and the pvp sets have the same crap, and the cowboy hat doesn't even match at all. Don't get me started on the thigh high boots. We're smugglers not cowboy space pimps from the 70's.

I have yet to find any endgame chest piece that looks decent by either graphic or coloring and it really makes me feel like I picked the wrong faction.

Also all the cool "spacer" look type chests that we can mod out have the worst color schemes possible and the person who did the coloring for them should be fired. Its awful. I know you wanted to use more color options after you got done with the endless amount of white and off white you used on every other bit of gear from 30-50 but why do I go to walk around looking like a circus clown all the time!

I am really thinking its not just us. It fells like Republic as a whole got a ****** deal on gear models and coloring.

We should be asking for PvP mods instead.

maybe but not really to be honest expertise is crap. If it wasn't for a few of the set bonuses I'd just use mod gear with max + surge and crit.

whats better +/- 7% damage from players or + 10% crit and 30% crit damage? cause that's the choice you end up making.

But its really annoying you can find a decent looking black or dark brow duster or spacer type jacket with mod slots. They put all the good coloring patterns on the npc / green gear, and the rainbow color patterns on the mod gear.

Best example is there is an NPC on republic fleet. Think he is the CE vendor has the cowboy hat with the mask a really cool jacket. Why can't we get that model!

• 2 months later...
I'll never, ever wear that butt-ugly cape. I'm staying with my orange chest-piece and will take the mods from the ugly-cape when the patch to do so comes out. I'm incredibly grateful for the patch. The current ones are too ugly to wear, stats be damned.

I'll never, ever wear that butt-ugly cape. I'm staying with my orange chest-piece and will take the mods from the ugly-cape when the patch to do so comes out. I'm incredibly grateful for the patch. The current ones are too ugly to wear, stats be damned.
Hah, I have a Sage friend who's going with this.

I run with both set bonuses and a non-expertise implant/ear, though, so this isn't really an option. Can't wait until 1.2 and putting tier armoring into Social medium armor.

I actually don't like most of the Smuggler gear, period, rather than just the endgame gear (where the PVP Combat Tech doesn't look too bad really... I have the Champ and BM versions, but prefer the Champ.) I'd like us to actually get some armour options, not heavy armour like the Troopers wear but something robust. I'm actually seriously contemplating putting my mods into the Jedi Knight Battlemaster Weaponmaster gear when we get the option, if there are no cool new models in 1.2. When I'm going to a battlefield I'm not wearing a cape, a waistcoat, or a pimp jacket...

In 1.2 you will be able to. You strip mods and set bonus out of purplez and put them into oranges.

I've already got a jedi robe for my smuggler. :)

P.S Thats if I'm still subscribed. But i am keeping every organge i come across for now.

yeah I agree. Its all modeled after Lando. Which isnt bad but both the pve sets and the pvp sets have the same crap, and the cowboy hat doesn't even match at all. Don't get me started on the thigh high boots. We're smugglers not cowboy space pimps from the 70's.

I have yet to find any endgame chest piece that looks decent by either graphic or coloring and it really makes me feel like I picked the wrong faction.

Also all the cool "spacer" look type chests that we can mod out have the worst color schemes possible and the person who did the coloring for them should be fired. Its awful. I know you wanted to use more color options after you got done with the endless amount of white and off white you used on every other bit of gear from 30-50 but why do I go to walk around looking like a circus clown all the time!

I am really thinking its not just us. It fells like Republic as a whole got a ****** deal on gear models and coloring.

i'd die to have that awesome fedora with my agent. you can have all our crappy headgear in return!!

Hah, I have a Sage friend who's going with this.

I run with both set bonuses and a non-expertise implant/ear, though, so this isn't really an option. Can't wait until 1.2 and putting tier armoring into Social medium armor.

you guys are in for a big shock.

Yes you will be able to transfer your mods to orange gear like social gear, but will you want to? Or would you rather transfer it to the first orange crit gear you see with augment slots?

That's a possible 7 slots of augment slots you'll be skipping out on if you use social gear or any non crit orange gear.

7 * 28 = 196 points.

Edited by illgot

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the cape and cowboy stuff. Everything about smugglers is wrong. Opening cinametics, ****** smuggler walking and shooting, kicking ***. In game, stuck in cover......lol. I do love my Gunslinger though.