Remove falling damage.

Poje

I've been wishing for at least 10 years that falling damage could be negated, like a "feather fall" ability or something, like in WoW.

Then i thought about it and it doesn't need to be complicated, just remove falling damage from the game and add a lil animation, like using the force or jet pack, ect...

You can see in many movies, series, anime, characters jumping from buildings and staying alive easily. It's lame that in SWTOR you can die from that!

You can do it!

Poje

• Like 2

I feel the opposite.  How many times have I pushed enemies off the cliff, only for them to...

take very little damage from it

run all the way back up

alert all the enemies between them and me on the way back

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I've had similar thoughts.

We have so many hover-craft mounts (in addition to the Rocket Boost). It'd be cool if your fall would be slowed while riding them.

On top of that, we now have, thanks to the various Star Wars TV shows, several canonical scenes showing that people riding in/on a repulsorlift vehicle, or using a jetpack, would never even smack into the ground!

In The Mandalorian alone, we see Mandos jumping out of a ship like futuristic paratroopers, and using their jetpacks to slow and control their descents, as one does.  We also see, in the same show, Biker Scouts on Imperial Speeder Bikes jumping their bikes off of a cliff, plummeting multiple stories to the bottom of the canyon, and then they "keep on keepin' on" because their repulsorlifts, designed to make the speeder bikes hover above the ground, KEEP THE BIKES from ever striking the ground!

For this reason, ALL characters that have the Rocket Boost Ability, OR that are using any kind of Speeder or Jetpack or flying creature as their Mount should be IMMUNE to falling damage, and should never actually strike the ground while Mounted, or if on foot, there should be a Fail-Safe activation of Rocket Boost to keep them from hitting the ground hard enough to do damage!  ONLY Player Characters using WALKING Mounts (animals or walkers) or mounts with wheels/treads/etc., and/or those that lack the Rocket Boost Ability, should actually be able to take falling damage when striking the ground, because those characters wouldn't have a mechanism available to them that prevents that.

THIS is the Way.  Make it so!  I have spoken. :csw_fett:

Edited by ReKabNad
  • Like 1

Nothing in this game killed me more often than the elevators and cliffs on balmora. They are more powerful than Valkorion and his entire dysfunctional family combined. 🤣

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

C'mon now... Fall damage is fun! (when you get to do it to your enemy)
When it happens to you, not so much, but next time I'll think twice before being so careless. 

I just want to jump off cliff and buildings like Anakin!

If they can add Date mission with your Comp, they can do this, lol.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Poje said:

I just want to jump off cliff and buildings like Anakin!

If they can add Date mission with your Comp, they can do this, lol.

Ah yes, that makes sense. I thought you got murdered by the elevators one too many times, and that's why you didn't like fall damage. But now I think you want a skill that does that on purpose when you want it, where you want it. Yeah, that would be pretty cool. But it should be an ability, not something to save us from not paying attention. Then they could leave fall damage as it is, because it really is super fun. 

• Like 1

The fall damage works game mechanic-wise. It stops you from cheesing through the game by taking shortcuts, and enemies pushing you off of things is punishing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At most, add a "feather fall" spell or something that can add some utility to a class. Maybe like Mercenary/Commando and Assassin/Shadow since they took our phase walk and gave it to sorc instead.

But in all seriousness, there's a mechanical game and map design reason for it to exist. It allows them to create vertical spaces without a free way to skip everything.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2024 at 10:00 AM, Traceguy said:

The fall damage works game mechanic-wise. It stops you from cheesing through the game by taking shortcuts, and enemies pushing you off of things is punishing.

I can see it now. Doing SoA. instead of doing the Platform phase. Everyone just Jumps down to the middle because of no falling damage. Making healers even more useless in that fight.