Please REDUCE the amount of tech frags needed to barter for augment items

2 hours ago, VanessaBlackrose said:

perhaps, but 4k is alot, grind fp, grind fp,  grind. 2500 would be better, no?  less fp etc grind.

If you are tired of FP, take a break from it and get tech frags differently. Maybe try doing daily/weekly pvp/gsf tasks or if you have a lot of characters, do daily tasks on Voss, you can get 300 fragments in two minutes. You can also give others money and buy on GTN...

Sure, paying 2.5k is better than 4k, just as 2k would be better than 2.5k, and 1.5k would be better than 2k..

image.png.31bab1ea6c6921fdffb546f9be924088.png

The Aug 74 increases your stats 9.5%

The Aug 77 increases your stats 11.2%

The difference between the two augments is an increase of 1.7% which is meaningless. The vast majority of the players in this game will see a bigger improvement in their DPS, Healing, and Tanking by learning their class and picking the proper skills in the skill tree than upgrading their augment from 74s to 77s.

The price is fine for what it is, a long term time sink that has almost negligible impact but gives players with more than they need a reason to keep grinding.

• Thanks 2

I'm afraid I agree with the others. I'm constantly at TF cap just by playing the game solo so end up buying OEMs etc, not because I want to but because there is nothing else. 4000 uses a nice big chunk and stops me ending up wasting TFs through being capped. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

The difference between the two augments is an increase of 1.7% which is meaningless.

You can augment 14 items.

I would not call 23.8% meaningless

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sirajaxx said:

You can augment 14 items.

I would not call 23.8% meaningless

That's not how percentages work unless you found a way to stick 14 augments in a single item.

Edited by Darkestmonty

Posted (edited)

There is a double xp going on right now. It's a great time to level alts. You can get a lot more tech fragments each week just doing conquest on level 80 alts. Convert the 200 conquest comms from conquest reward to tech fragments as well. With the weekly guild reward, you can get 1,200 tech fragments each week per alt, not counting what they get while gaining conquest points. It adds up fast.

Edited by ThanderSnB

On 5/3/2024 at 8:11 AM, Darkestmonty said:

It used to be 10k per.

Really? Isn't 11k the limit on tech frags? Glad that was changed, but it's still ridiculous to need 4K per gold aug component. 2.5k makes more sense to me, especially since they just keep creeping up the armor rating.

4 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Really? Isn't 11k the limit on tech frags? Glad that was changed, but it's still ridiculous to need 4K per gold aug component. 2.5k makes more sense to me, especially since they just keep creeping up the armor rating.

What's even funnier is that the tech frags limit was also 10k so you had to basically go over your limit to hit 10k which deleted tech frags. Devs eventually changed the limit to 11k because we players were getting annoyed at constantly deleting tech frags to hit 10k so we could buy OEMs.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:55 PM, Darkestmonty said:

image.png.31bab1ea6c6921fdffb546f9be924088.png

The Aug 74 increases your stats 9.5%

The Aug 77 increases your stats 11.2%

The difference between the two augments is an increase of 1.7% which is meaningless. The vast majority of the players in this game will see a bigger improvement in their DPS, Healing, and Tanking by learning their class and picking the proper skills in the skill tree than upgrading their augment from 74s to 77s.

The price is fine for what it is, a long term time sink that has almost negligible impact but gives players with more than they need a reason to keep grinding.

This. You don't need gold augs unless your aim is to be the top parser.

Gold augs only help when you are already performing at the best of your class and really want that boost in things like nim Gods or Dxun timers. It's ok for gold augs to be super "expensive".

Implants, on the other hand... I really wish they remove the stupid 100/100 implant purchase qualification mission when a new toon reach lv80. It's pointless and idiotic. Yeah yeah you can get implants with another toon but that's an extra step that's absolutely unnecessary, just like how the hyde and seek mod unlock is toon-wide instead of legacy-wide.

• Like 1