Player Pets

I'll probably get flamed for this but I do so wish there was an option, like in LOTRO, to hide other player's pets.

Having to wade through a sea of floaty droids does not rock my star wars world.

Also, the option to turn off your own pet's name without having to turn off all NPC names.  Mumble grumble.

• Like 3

Agreed, the pets are annoyingly persistant clutter, especially since so many players summon (or just don't bother dismissing them) even when you're in an operations group.  Most players are pretty freaking rude if you ask them to dismiss pets too.

I have friendly player names turned off, but kinda need the npc names, so the pet names keep floating around.  Seeing the pets is bad enough, but I could deal with that if at least the names were hidden.

• Like 1

I would not mind a "hide other players' pets" option for people who want it, but they finally fixed pets and let them stay with us through travel and relogs, I would very much like to not have them not auto dismiss anywhere.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:39 AM, FreeToSWTORThree said:

I concur, pets in operations/ops group at least need to be auto-dismissed like companions.

This would be better than just hiding them. You can't kill last boss in Ravagers if someone has a pet out. Instead of transitioning to Ruugar's room, it will just reset to Coratanni and Pearl. Good luck trying to explain that to a hostile pug group who knows everything "better" than you... 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

This would be better than just hiding them. You can't kill last boss in Ravagers if someone has a pet out. Instead of transitioning to Ruugar's room, it will just reset to Coratanni and Pearl. Good luck trying to explain that to a hostile pug group who knows everything "better" than you... 

That sounds more like a bug they need to fix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

That sounds more like a bug they need to fix.

It is, but it's been there for years, it hasn't been fixed so I doubt it will ever get fixed. It hasn't been a big problem before when pets despawned automatically, but I bet there will be drama now when everyone has their pets out all the time and people don't know how to get rid of them. Then again, I haven't seen any Ravagers (sm) groups being formed either, because everyone is just spamming DF+DP.

On 5/6/2024 at 7:31 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

This happened to me last night on Satele Shan server, we had Cora reset two times because one dude didn't understood he had to hide pet - the guy was Norwegian and spoke little to no English - thank God Icelandic is a dialect of Norwegian - i explained what he has to do and then we could finish the operation. 

On 5/6/2024 at 6:31 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

If another player asked me to hide the pet because it's too big, gets in the way and makes it difficult to click mobs or something like that, I would just do it. If he told me that my pet made the boss immortal due to some strange butterfly effect, I would think he was a troll and was screwing me over. What is the probability of such a strange connection and what is the probability of someone on the Internet fooling people? I would probably have to quickly check on my phone whether such a bug exists, otherwise I would never have believed it. 
Fortunately, I play solo and don't have to worry about such things.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:39 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

It is, but it's been there for years, it hasn't been fixed so I doubt it will ever get fixed. It hasn't been a big problem before when pets despawned automatically, but I bet there will be drama now when everyone has their pets out all the time and people don't know how to get rid of them. Then again, I haven't seen any Ravagers (sm) groups being formed either, because everyone is just spamming DF+DP.

I run Ravagers at least once a month and have run into this exact issue. I've even had a guildie forget to put it away and caused the bug.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:08 AM, Anhkriva said:

If another player asked me to hide the pet because it's too big, gets in the way and makes it difficult to click mobs or something like that, I would just do it. If he told me that my pet made the boss immortal due to some strange butterfly effect, I would think he was a troll and was screwing me over. What is the probability of such a strange connection and what is the probability of someone on the Internet fooling people? I would probably have to quickly check on my phone whether such a bug exists, otherwise I would never have believed it. 
Fortunately, I play solo and don't have to worry about such things.

Ok, but if you're cool with putting it away just on being in the way, is it really a big deal to desummon for the bugged boss? Why would you assume they're trolling? That's not even close to the strangest bug in this game. So many spots if you stand in the wrong place a boss will bug out. Or vice versa, look at the cheese strats we get with some bosses that take advantage of LoS and bad boss "AI"

This game is a buggy mess and I love it dearly. So yeah, I'm just curious what makes that sound trolly next to the 3 million fight breaking bugs that live in this game.

Being able to hide other people's pets might be a good idea now that they are around more (since they made them stay when you log out). .

I hope they would fix bugged ops rather than make it so we can't get our pets out during ops, though. When I'm waiting for someone to come back from AFK or whatever, I want my toys & pets to play with.

Fix the bugs and let me hide other player's pets. Personally I also wish there was a toggle for not being hit with snowballs and whatnot. The effect bugs me and I'm sick of clicking it off every time, but that's just a personal nitpick. Ultimately, my point is, I think we should have more control over what we see on our screens.