There are some things that, this late in the game, I'm astounded that we don't have.

Vendettus

New playable races:

Falleen, Zeltron, Devaronian, Chagrian, Weequay and Pantoran would all be relatively easy to do.  Six new races would be amazing but we've gotten nothing in years.

New Faction:

A 'neutral' faction could be amazing and allow for new starting worlds. Imagine if a new faction allowed for Pirates and Witches, their starting worlds being Florrum and Dathomir-- this would allow for force users and non-force users.  The need to use voice actors and tie in with the greater story would likely prohibit this, but honestly clever writings probably could have made things work.  Instead nothing.

Non Force User melee builds:

Why in the world would you put swords and spears in the game, have npcs that wield them who are non-force users, and then deny that same option to players?  Baffling.

Ponchos:

We get one, and it has imperial rank bars and a backpack.  Da kriff?  This would be like printing money. Broadsword, give us ponchos!

Unrestricted options in character creation:

There are tattoos, scars, hair styles, jewelry, all kinds of things that would be a blast to mix and match. Want to make a jedi knight who bears the markings of when he was still a slave? awesome!  Want a rattataki who got some sith style jewelry? Rad.   Oh wait, no, we can't have that for some reason.  Why?

Tattoos and body scars:

Again it's like you're allergic to money.  Let me get my twi'lek some amazing gold body tattoos, let me scar up my pureblood like Tenabrae.  But nothing, just radio silence.

Additional colours for Twi'leks, Togrutas and Nautolans:

What is the hold up on this? Purples, blacks, whites and different colour tattoos.  C'mon devs, who in the world are you taking advice from if they aren't pointing out low-hanging fruit like this?

Armour sets that are in the game but we just can't have? Why?!

Arn's lightsaber is available, but kriff me if I want his cybernetic armour set.  Darth Baras has an awesome helmet? How about the same thing but with a Pope hat.  I mean COME ON.  This almost feels like targeted harassment by not opening up some of these options.

Armour and weapons we have to 'earn' but aren't unlocked in collections:

I recently got pvp weapons. Cost me countless hours and a bunch of pvp tokens. And guess what? I have to use up more valuable space in my legacy inventory because I already have it full of other armour sets, dyes, weapons and other misc. I can't just spend some CC to unlock it for my characters forever. Why? Why not let us unlock these precious things?

GSF is still a nightmare:

If a game mode ever was in desperate need of an overhaul, it would be this. No single player options for it, and no updates to it in years.  Imagine if it were good? Heck it doesn't even count toward pvp season stuff! 

Okay, my rant is over.  There are other things in the game I would love but honestly, if you just went down this list and made an effort to include those that are doable, I would be most grateful. Thanks devs, I know the work is usually thankless. I appreciate you keeping the game alive.

Best wishes

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Vendettus said:

If a game mode ever was in desperate need of an overhaul, it would be this. No single player options for it, and no updates to it in years.  Imagine if it were good? Heck it doesn't even count toward pvp season stuff! 

GSF not counting towards pvp season is indeed utterly absurd. It is the only part of this game where everything has been made 100% purely for PvP from ground up. Yet, not part of PvP seasons...

Believe me tho, it is surprisingly good, polished and balanced. It'd be in dire need of a good tutorial for example..but what is there is awesome, once one learns the ropes. Most people who figure GSF out end up with a very high opinnion of it. Just that game does its best to make it diffiult to figure out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vendettus said:

New playable races:

Falleen, Zeltron, Devaronian, Chagrian, Weequay and Pantoran would all be relatively easy to do.  Six new races would be amazing but we've gotten nothing in years.

Yes new spicies could be nice. I really want to get Devaronian and Falleen.

New Faction:

A 'neutral' faction could be amazing and allow for new starting worlds. Imagine if a new faction allowed for Pirates and Witches, their starting worlds being Florrum and Dathomir-- this would allow for force users and non-force users.  The need to use voice actors and tie in with the greater story would likely prohibit this, but honestly clever writings probably could have made things work.  Instead nothing.

Not sure it will happen with the state of game now.

Tattoos and body scars:

Again it's like you're allergic to money.  Let me get my twi'lek some amazing gold body tattoos, let me scar up my pureblood like Tenabrae.  But nothing, just radio silence.

It's always good to get new customizations.

What is the hold up on this? Purples, blacks, whites and different colour tattoos.  C'mon devs, who in the world are you taking advice from if they aren't pointing out low-hanging fruit like this?

Asking since 2015 for Twi'lek.

9 hours ago, Ramell said:

There were no witches on Dathomir until nearly 3000 years after this game takes place.

We could get Dathomir in swtor with people who look like to the witches of Dathomir or with a similar lifestyle.

Edited by orichichan
  • Like 1

I don't like the faction system, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about a 3rd one. outside of PVP, it splits the population in half. A 3rd faction would divide the population into 3rds. When you host something like an an op, you can only recruit people from your own faction. The Republic  might be requiting for Dxun, but you won't know it if you're playing on an imp toon. They should open the 2 factions first. Imperial toons won't be able to complete republic missions. That's fine. It's no different than the fact Sith Warrior and Inquisitor can't complete any missions on Hutta.

Twi'leks do need more colors, especially purple and yellow. The imperial faction gets a yellowish twi'lek which is better than nothing, but the Republic does not get this color of twi'lek. I don't know if it's a bug or just a stupid decision by Bioware.

21 hours ago, Vendettus said:

Same for hairstyles. There are NPCs that have hairstyles and variants that we cannot get. One example is the woman looking at blasters to the left of the heroic terminal on the imperial fleet. Her hairstyle is a unique variant. And then there's Satele Shan's hairstyle which I am sure everyone has wanted since at least the founding of the game.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 11:28 PM, Vendettus said:

Tattoos and body scars:

It won't be about an allergy to money, but about something they apparently said many years ago, that the appearance system for Twi'leks was built by an insane person, and therefore very difficult to update without breaking the appearance of existing characters.

And you've surely noticed that *none* of the speices have body tattoos or other colouring, except for the chest and upper back ridges on PBS, which are *geometry* rather than colours.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

something they apparently said many years ago, that the appearance system for Twi'leks was built by an insane person, and therefore very difficult to update without breaking the appearance of existing characters.

For what it's worth, I think they did a fantastic job. Sure their lekku looks silly going down elevators, but the race looks great. They even gracefully let Twi'leks wear armor on the headslot, despite some being completely breaking to their anatomy.

One place they failed is Togrutas. They just put a permanent hat on a colored-human body and called it day. If you zoom the camera in close enough to your Togruta, you will see a bald headed human being with human ears. I wish they could have used the same model they used for other Togrutas in the game, such as Ashara. They look a lot better.

Edited by Traceguy

On 4/29/2024 at 4:28 PM, Vendettus said:

New playable races:

They already have the capacity to make Devaronians and Chagrians (Gault & Rusk), I think(?) we fight some Weequay NPCs at some point, Zeltrons and Pantorans are literally pallet swaps of Humans like the Chiss are, and Falleen would be the only new species they'd have to do any hard work on.

New Faction:

This is pure speculation, but from how the Smuggler, Hunter, and Agent stories go, I think they considered that to be as close as they were willing to get insofar as "Neutral Factions" went; given that the vanilla game revolves around the war between the Republic and Empire. And the ability to skip to Onslaught is likely the closest we're getting to an actual third faction now that the team is cut in half and moved to a far smaller studio.

Non Force User melee builds:

Why in the world would you put swords and spears in the game, have npcs that wield them who are non-force users, and then deny that same option to players?  Baffling.

Yeah, there's still no official word on why this isn't a thing. Closest I can get is from chronic forum users that rant about "game balance" and "animations" and "there can never be a ranged Force equivalent". As if you couldn't literally just kitbash Jedi/Sith animations with NPC and Powertech/Vanguard animations, and then use the same stats as Jedi/Sith but with the Tech terminology.

Ponchos:

We get one, and it has imperial rank bars and a backpack.  Da kriff?  This would be like printing money. Broadsword, give us ponchos!

Unrestricted options in character creation:

There are tattoos, scars, hair styles, jewelry, all kinds of things that would be a blast to mix and match. Want to make a jedi knight who bears the markings of when he was still a slave? awesome!  Want a rattataki who got some sith style jewelry? Rad.   Oh wait, no, we can't have that for some reason.  Why?

Tattoos and body scars:

Arn's lightsaber is available, but kriff me if I want his cybernetic armour set.  Darth Baras has an awesome helmet? How about the same thing but with a Pope hat.  I mean COME ON.  This almost feels like targeted harassment by not opening up some of these options.

This is all stuff that they could have and arguably should have been doing with the Cartel Market for the past few years instead of wasting time remixing designs from the Derpney content.

Armour and weapons we have to 'earn' but aren't unlocked in collections:

I recently got pvp weapons. Cost me countless hours and a bunch of pvp tokens. And guess what? I have to use up more valuable space in my legacy inventory because I already have it full of other armour sets, dyes, weapons and other misc. I can't just spend some CC to unlock it for my characters forever. Why? Why not let us unlock these precious things?

I've been advocating for this kind of thing for a long long time; particularly for Event stuff. Why should I redo that content over and over for each new alt when the system to skip that grind is already in place? Y'know, other than artificially inflating how many hours players log.

If you think that's bad, try playing the PvE Space missions some time. The "Heroic" level missions are nigh unplayable, the grind to get the parts for them is long af, and the craftable parts are way too expensive on the GTN.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gamer_Auto said:

And the ability to skip to Onslaught is likely

Wut?  We can't skip to Onslaught.  We can only skip to the beginning of Jedi Under Siege, which was released in patch 5.10, 11 December (or maybe 12 November, American dates confuse me) 2018, while Onslaught is patch 6.0, released 22 October 2019.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Wut?  We can't skip to Onslaught.  We can only skip to the beginning of Jedi Under Siege, which was released in patch 5.10, 11 December (or maybe 12 November, American dates confuse me) 2018, while Onslaught is patch 6.0, released 22 October 2019.

JUS may as well be part of Onslaught, don't be pedantic.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Maybe, but someone who skips will be disappointed to not be able to *immediately* start the Onderon stuff...

It's not like it takes that long to beat JUS. And honestly, Onslaught's story is practically non-existent without JUS to plump it up. "Return to Republic versus Empire" was a lie. The only memorable moments I have from that entire update is finding Cedrax in Objective Meridian, the final confrontation with Tenebrae, and the prologue to LotS. I know stuff happened on Ossus and Onderon, but I could not tell you what it was other than "a blatant bait-and-switch".

I definitely want Zeltrons, but were Pantorans even around during the old republic? Or at least, known? Not only that but they'd basically just be Chiss with facial tattoos and normal eyes

Other colors for races I'd love, like purple for Twi'leks.. but if they're that hard to code and add without breaking the other races and character models i'm fine without things getting immediately broken

On 5/2/2024 at 11:28 PM, Gamer_Auto said:

If you think that's bad, try playing the PvE Space missions some time. The "Heroic" level missions are nigh unplayable, the grind to get the parts for them is long af, and the craftable parts are way too expensive on the GTN.

I'm pretty sure you can buy the schematics for cheap and then just make them yourself. I have all of the schematics and I know I didn't go out of my way for them. Otherwise just buy the stuff from the vendor for the non-crafted stuff. I do the heroics every week because I actually enjoy them. Anything less and I can clear it with my eyes closed.

I'm not sure what grind you're referring to as I geared my ship on a new character in like 2 minutes. Crafting the few craftable parts took the longest.

That said, some of the heroics are harder than the others. Try the ice field one first, that's one of the easier ones imo

8 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

I'm pretty sure you can buy the schematics for cheap and then just make them yourself. I have all of the schematics and I know I didn't go out of my way for them. Otherwise just buy the stuff from the vendor for the non-crafted stuff. I do the heroics every week because I actually enjoy them. Anything less and I can clear it with my eyes closed.

IDK how long you've been playing, but the PvE Fleet tokens - as of this writing - don't seem to be a Legacy-wide currency. AFAIK, they're per-character. So you have to do every single mission every single day for a couple weeks in order to get all the craftable components. It's not a streamlined situation where you can do the grind on multiple characters in a day. And I can't remember if the parts and blueprint items are even able to be transferred over Legacy Cargo, or if it's Bind on Pickup.

I'm not sure what grind you're referring to as I geared my ship on a new character in like 2 minutes. Crafting the few craftable parts took the longest.

Did you use a more established character to "cheat" the items onto that new toon, or did you do it from scratch the way a new player would?

That said, some of the heroics are harder than the others. Try the ice field one first, that's one of the easier ones imo

That's the only one I'm somewhat confident with, and even then it's 50/50. The one I hate the most is the asteroid field one where you have to go through the tunnel of mines that shoot at you. Really makes me wish I could unlock that turret on the top of my ship and have Corso or HK blast at things.

58 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

IDK how long you've been playing, but the PvE Fleet tokens - as of this writing - don't seem to be a Legacy-wide currency. AFAIK, they're per-character. So you have to do every single mission every single day for a couple weeks in order to get all the craftable components. It's not a streamlined situation where you can do the grind on multiple characters in a day. And I can't remember if the parts and blueprint items are even able to be transferred over Legacy Cargo, or if it's Bind on Pickup.

Did you use a more established character to "cheat" the items onto that new toon, or did you do it from scratch the way a new player would?

I've been playing since beta. And no, the tokens are not legacy as far as I know, but the missions are repeatable. I just bought the best credits can buy earned what I needed and crafted the rest. It's all about how much time and effort you want to invest, but it's not prohibitively expensive in most cases. Also, I'm trying to remember the specific mats requirements because it's been a minute since I did the gearing for her, but it as you pointed out gets even easier to do after you do your first one.

2 hours ago, Rohndogg said:

I've been playing since beta. And no, the tokens are not legacy as far as I know, but the missions are repeatable. I just bought the best credits can buy earned what I needed and crafted the rest. It's all about how much time and effort you want to invest, but it's not prohibitively expensive in most cases. Also, I'm trying to remember the specific mats requirements because it's been a minute since I did the gearing for her, but it as you pointed out gets even easier to do after you do your first one.

Yeah, I'm still kinda working at things "from scratch", and the non-Heroics are rather dull after the 50th time through, so it's been a long road for me. I have one last BP to acquire, but I haven't done it yet because the grind got too tedious. Plus, all the prices on the GTN are absurd. I see that the way I look at rich people who "buy and sell art": it's just rich people playing hot-potato with amounts of money I'll never have in my entire lifetime.

I think the only real difference is there's nothing to launder or hide from taxes or anything. Prices are just high because of things like credit sellers, the cartel market, and 10+ years of economic growth on an ultimately unregulated market.

One thing you can try if you have the mats is asking in General or Trade if anyone is on willing to craft and say have mats. This USED to be much more common especially with things like Grit Teeth back when the schematic was hard to get. That someone might ask for a fee for if demand is low, I'm not sure how well that stuff sells, but a lot of times people just take a tip if anything but get to keep the duplicate on a crit.

Basically there may be some cheaper ways to get what you need that also don't require you crafting it yourself, but DIY is usually the cheapest where as GTN is paying for convenience and speed. Pros and cons.

Increasing the quest rewards to make gearing the ship faster isn't a bad idea. But if you start doing them as soon as you get your ship, you should have a lot saved up by the time you hit 80. I just did them once per every time I logged in as I went typically. (Don't do it as much anymore)

On 4/29/2024 at 5:28 PM, Vendettus said:

Okay, my rant is over.  There are other things in the game I would love but honestly, if you just went down this list and made an effort to include those that are doable, I would be most grateful. Thanks devs, I know the work is usually thankless. I appreciate you keeping the game alive.

Best wishes

Going to stop you right here. GSF does need some love, but not a complete overhaul. This game mode is incredibly balanced compared to regular PvP. It definitely needs some attention (More maps, more ship skins, etc), however it does not need a single player option. This is an MMO, and people should be able to group up with friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

however it does not need a single player option.

Single player option would help people learn how to fly and use their abilities. So, when they join regular fights, they at least know how to move and turn without crashing and which button to press in order to shoot.

3 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

Single player option would help people learn how to fly and use their abilities. So, when they join regular fights, they at least know how to move and turn without crashing and which button to press in order to shoot.

have you asked other's to use the PvP challenge mode? I've helped newer players with this by having them chase me around trying to shoot me with lasers, and missiles. Better then a single player mode with AI as opponents. You won't know what they plan on doing.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Toraak said:

have you asked other's to use the PvP challenge mode? I've helped newer players with this by having them chase me around trying to shoot me with lasers, and missiles. Better then a single player mode with AI as opponents. You won't know what they plan on doing.

I have not. Moreover, most potential new players would not even be aware of such possibility in order to train.

When you join regular PVP, yes, you won't know what other players plan on doing, but you do know how to run, jump, and how your abilities work, since PVE trained you for all of it. Nothing in the game trains one for GSF since it's a completely separate mode.

It's great what we have good Samaritans like yourself to train new players, but one cannot always rely on kindness of others. It would have been much better to learn basics by oneself.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 6:30 PM, Traceguy said:

One place they failed is Togrutas. They just put a permanent hat on a colored-human body and called it day. If you zoom the camera in close enough to your Togruta, you will see a bald headed human being with human ears. I wish they could have used the same model they used for other Togrutas in the game, such as Ashara. They look a lot better.

It's fine for me. It's so small we can't see it. But another thing I don't like: the montrals without the same size. When you saw the difference, it's really disturbing.

I made a post about this here:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/935082-fix-the-montrals-of-the-togruta-model-for-players/

I hope they could fix this soon because they are everything they need to fix it.

Edited by orichichan