Galactic Season 6 Blueprint Fragments seem to have a very low drop rate

22 hours ago, Advocatis said:

other MMOs I’ve played suspend accounts for zone disruption like that.

That's a bit harsh. It's one thing to disrupt the zones to purposely harass players, but it's another to use the zones to get item drops. If devs don't want that to happen, they should just put a level requirement on mob loot.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:05 AM, FlatTax said:

Oh boy.

The reason monetized systems exist is to create problems for which solutions can be sold.

The odd tuning in the present moment doesn't matter; EA's playing the long game, normalizing the mechanics needed to drive future sales.

It may sound true.... but it's not. Lets say I have the $ and just want to buy my progress with it. I just buy all the season levels on day 1. Will I get enough fragments by doing so. No. Probably mistyped a 0 or something on chances or something else just didn't work out the way it was supposed to be. Or it requires some really well organized grouping and farming with the buff item. Who knows. But the easy But $ pricey way can't help you much. You still have the same amount of time to farm the rest outside season levels rewards. Which is still not enough.

1 hour ago, tritiya said:

It may sound true.... but it's not. Lets say I have the $ and just want to buy my progress with it. I just buy all the season levels on day 1. Will I get enough fragments by doing so. No. Probably mistyped a 0 or something on chances or something else just didn't work out the way it was supposed to be. Or it requires some really well organized grouping and farming with the buff item. Who knows. But the easy But $ pricey way can't help you much. You still have the same amount of time to farm the rest outside season levels rewards. Which is still not enough.

That's my point. EA's playing the long game.

The grind is untenable. Having normalized the mechanics, EA's solution will almost certainly be to up the cash-purchasable progress. If not for this grind, then for the next one.

You can already outright buy enough Blueprints for the true prize: the stronghold.

Again, monetized grinds for exist for one purpose: to drive cash sales.

Edited by FlatTax
Clarity

36 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

You can already outright buy enough Blueprints for the true prize: the stronghold.

If you pay for the entire Season progress unlock, you get 130 Blueprints. How's that equal to buying the final grindable achievement that needs 1500 Blueprints? Not to mention SH being unlocked way, way before that.
Whatever future seasons bring, this one was not monetized - all the grind was purely optional and did not require you to pay a dime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gave up on it. I spent 1hour running around without a companion with boost amd got maybe 25-30. Just felt like waste of my time. 

If they had set the goal to maybe 1k I would have kept going but with pvp season now needing more points I no longer have the free time in game to grind crap like this 

• Like 2

I finished this on the last day but had to use all brazz gifts.

Still the fact that I need to spend those hours just mindlessly killing mob after mob for an hour straight is just stupid, because even though I finished the season got the subscriber rewards, did 6/7 weeklies, plus world drops, that is still not enough.

Not only the drop rate should be higher, brazz gift should be game time not real time, also other activities should reward it too dailies weeklies and so on.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, KyraMalakai said:

Not only the drop rate should be higher, brazz gift should be game time not real time, also other activities should reward it too dailies weeklies and so on.

Agreed. The number of hours I put into the game each day doing dailies and heroics all generally resulted in 0 Blueprint Fragments. Doing an Uprising only results in the final boss dropping 2, which I dare say is unacceptable. They should have gave us 1 blueprint fragment per heroic, and maybe another 1 per weekly. Heck, maybe even give us some for completing the 100k CQP for the week.

The chance of a mobs dropping these without the buff is like <0.01%, and in order to use a buff, you have to commit to killing enemies for 1 hour straight, because you can't log off and take a break without it depleting. 

It's useless to debate now that the event is over, but we're likely to see this problem again when the next season drops.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, VilianSW said:

If you pay for the entire Season progress unlock, you get 130 Blueprints. How's that equal to buying the final grindable achievement that needs 1500 Blueprints? Not to mention SH being unlocked way, way before that.
Whatever future seasons bring, this one was not monetized - all the grind was purely optional and did not require you to pay a dime.

Very few people care about grinding the achievement. Active posters here aren't at all representative of the player base.

For everything that matters to most people, the season was fully monetized:

• Story content
  • Stronghold
  • Cosmetics
  • Gear Upgrade Mats
  • GS Tokens

I agree the achievement grind was only partially monetized.

People are still aghast at the idea of outright purchasing achievements, so purchasable progress is being turned up slowly.

The water's getting pretty hot around here.

Edited by FlatTax
Clarity

Did they shadow nerf the blueprint you get from OP-1?

I ran a random DF/DP at the last day of the season and I only get 1 after the 2 back to back OPs.

I was also pretty sure I got way few than 6 per OPs a little bit before that but I wasn't really paying attention at that time.

Not that I need it, but I'm curious to know if it's a bug or a real thing.

29 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Did they shadow nerf the blueprint you get from OP-1?

I ran a random DF/DP at the last day of the season and I only get 1 after the 2 back to back OPs.

I was also pretty sure I got way few than 6 per OPs a little bit before that but I wasn't really paying attention at that time.

Not that I need it, but I'm curious to know if it's a bug or a real thing.

When you've finished the achievement you only get blueprints from dailies and weeklies. Guess you got one from your daily for 25k conquest

4 hours ago, Lord_Janosch said:

When you've finished the achievement you only get blueprints from dailies and weeklies. Guess you got one from your daily for 25k conquest

Weird but good to know it's not a nerf.