Steam Still asking for Eula every time..

DanteYoda

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

This is a bug worth complaining about?

Ticking that crap every time gets old fast...

8 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

start the standalone install, accept the eula and then stop that install and copy the eula.setting file to image.png.92f47d5c164b72d469dd9312ebfb69c8.png

I can't get the standard to install i've tried five times it unpacks then says looking for updates for hours.. i haven't blocked it either...

Edited by DanteYoda

3 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

Ticking that crap every time gets old fast...

I can't get the standard to install i've tried five times it unpacks then says looking for updates for hours.. i haven't blocked it either...

Make sure your using the launcher from https://www.swtor.com/download  if your using an older version it will not be able to update

14 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

I saw the patch notes saying that they are fixing the Steam version asking for the Eula every time, well after two patches mine is still asking for it every time?

It was actually only mentioned in a forum post, not the patch notes. And none of the patch notes have claimed to fix this.

It might be fixed in 7.4.1c, it be fixed in a patch 10 years from now. We don't really know. What is certain though is you can fix this in 5 minutes by following this advice

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931246-eula-bug-fix/?do=findComment&comment=9789027

On 12/5/2023 at 1:05 PM, Yelajiwa said:

Had this issue for quite some time as well, somehow your approval is not saved, but this solution worked like a charm:

1. Download the client from swtor directly, not from steam.

2. Install via the client and start it.

3. Accept EULA agreement, the game will start downloading.

4. Once you have accepted EULA a file is created in the SWTOR folder of the new SWTOR client, should be found at  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\SWTOR and is called eula.settings. You can stop downloading the game now.

5. Copy the eula.settings file into your SWTOR folder, for steam it's C:\....\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic.

6. Start SWTOR, normally you shouldn't have the issue anymore.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Sad 1