Champion droid and turrets

This hasn't been very exhaustive, but I've run around a fair bit with both an Imperial and a Republic character, and whenever I go to the opposite base, I see sentinels and stuff; not champion droids and turrets, on Tatooine. But Tatooine is one of the planets specifically called out as having them. Where are they? Which base, or are they somewhere else?

On star forge I saw people massing on fleet to organize it for that WB and the previous week when I soloing it on my commando a large grp approached about half way on its health

The droid WB is actually pretty doable alone If you have a melee healer comp you keep em on the rear of the droid and keep the droid  aimed in your direction while you position around the aoes it drops just keep them on the front of it

The droid does have times where it does some damage so depending on what ever class you maybe playing Id save the dcds for those pressure moments try to mitigate the damage best you can

Try not to kite too far ahead of the droid especially if you have a melee healer comp or they may try to leap to you if you get low health and they may do that and land right in 1 of those flame aoes the comp will insta die from the lingering flames on the ground and without a comp less the droid is slivered your pretty much done lol

I saw a sentinel a while back soloing that thing when the new map came out I ended up dying in that fight and the sentinel finished em so some glassy melee specs seem to be capable of it 

When the droid gets near halfway it has a big AoE that seems to track you during the channel So you might want to position in a roomy spot of that area so when the aoe does land your companion is no where near it

But then swiftly reposition back close to the droid and your comp then just dance around with em till you wear the HP down

Edited by Luciferior

Which server do you play on. Satele Shan isn't known for its group content, but Sparks of War and FR3-DOM groups are doing very well during this galactic season.

Unlike The First which pays a good amount of conquest points per week, FR3-DOM doesn't, so the day of the week doesn't matter too much (outside of seasons).

2 hours ago, joshuadyal said:

This hasn't been very exhaustive, but I've run around a fair bit with both an Imperial and a Republic character, and whenever I go to the opposite base, I see sentinels and stuff; not champion droids and turrets, on Tatooine. But Tatooine is one of the planets specifically called out as having them. Where are they? Which base, or are they somewhere else?

It doesn't have to be "droids and turrets" specifically - any Champion level guard counts (sentinel, sith, turret - doesn't matter). On Tatooine, the bases in the Dune Sea region are usually the ones hunted for this objective.

2 hours ago, joshuadyal said:

Also, I never see anyone gathering to attack FR3-DOM. Is anyone doing that challenge, or did everyone do it on Tuesday when the week started?

On Satele Shan, there were groups organizing all day yesterday almost non-stop for WBs (including FR3-DOM) and Sparks of War on both fleets. I personally completed not just GS objectives by joining said groups but also Priority Targets. As the week progresses, there will be fewer and fewer groups (since most will be done by then), so it's best to do these objectives early in the week.