A Thank You to the Team

I wish to convey my gratitude and most heartfelt thanks to the SWTOR team, the developers, community members, and all others who dedicated their time and efforts to helping resolve our issues. 

Speaking for myself, I especially am relieved and very happy to be able to return to my Home away from real life, to find that so far all seems to be well. 

Thank You BroadSwoard especially for putting up with our complaints and criticism while doing everything possible to resolve issues for us and keep our favorite game running, we are lucky to have you and it shows. ☺️

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6

I feel like this needs to be said and granted maybe Im misunderstanding the context of this thread and if thats the case ill adjust my self accordingly... If im spot on then lets dive right into it

Im all for thanking broadsword for fixing issues especially if its related to things like people cant log into the game 100% for it.

But statements like this "

Thank You BroadSwoard especially for putting up with our complaints and criticism while doing everything possible to resolve issues for us and keep our favorite game running, we are lucky to have you and it shows. ☺️"

Honestly that statement with the context of involving the game as a whole and all its issues feels completely disingenuous. and truly pisses me off as someone who plays multiple aspects of this game I can personally attest ......They are not doing everything to resolve some of these issues that some of which have been issues since 7.0

One needs only look at this very forum and countless issues ranging from the conquest changes the trade tax introduction to counter inflation the changes to the GTN Listing the state of  PvP whether its warzones galactic star fighter class balance you name

Anyone with a set of eyes can look at the forum and see the countless issues being discussed that are *NOT* Resolved and have not been for quite sometime  which are progressively getting *worse*

Now I dont want to make it sound like we shouldnt be happy at the idea broadsword fixed something that im going to assume prevented people from playing thats great truly a good thing if thats what this is about

Lets not get ahead of our selves though there are many issues regarding this game that need to be addressed time now to keep them from worsening...

If this is a marathon you dont congratulate your self at the first mile marker you can do your victory break dance after you cross the finish line and we are far from the finish line at this point..

If anything some of the player base my self included are wondering if we are even progressing forward instead of going backward

Now if I misunderstood the context of your thread then you are welcome to disregard my entire statement or correct me by clarifying what you were referring to and If im wrong then im wrong simple as that and I will own up to it

If not then I am going quote Saruman from lord of the rings "So you have chosen death" as this thread might go up in flames as I am willing to wager Im not alone in this mindset that the game in all its issues is far from peachy and *resolved*

I like the game truly I do but I dont like being spoon fed crap while under the pretense its just chocolate icecream

Edited by Luciferior
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

You post is basically the same as thanking Walmart for fixing their front door because it was stuck opening for 1 week, and you were forced to shop elsewhere.

Fixing what they broke is their job. It's not a voluntary thing. Their job is to provide this game. And people are paying to play. Not fixing it would be counterproductive.

A well deserved "thank you" would be if they released an emergency patch on Saturday or Sunday

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

You post is basically the same as thanking Walmart for fixing their front door because it was stuck opening for 1 week, and you were forced to shop elsewhere.

Fixing what they broke is their job. It's not a voluntary thing. Their job is to provide this game. And people are paying to play. Not fixing it would be counterproductive.

A well deserved "thank you" would be if they released an emergency patch on Saturday or Sunday

They did not have to fix this issue as it was only affecting computers that did not meet the minimum required specs to run the game. Eventually the people affected by this issue (including me) are going to have to get a computer that meets the minimum required specs. This fix only delayed that inevitable.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

They did not have to fix this issue as it was only affecting computers that did not meet the minimum required specs to run the game. Eventually the people affected by this issue (including me) are going to have to get a computer that meets the minimum required specs. This fix only delayed that inevitable.

While true, this problem specifically was caused a bug. The character selection screen was loading in high-detail. So this was effecting everyone who isn't already using high graphics to some degree. It just burned the below-minimum spec players the most.

Edited by Traceguy

19 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Wait so my r9 5900x, rx 6700xt, rx 580, 32GiB RAM doesn't meet the minimum required specs????
Or was I magically able to play the game when I could not play the game?

3 hours ago, mgorion said:

Thank You BroadSwoard especially for putting up with our complaints and criticism while doing everything possible to resolve issues for us and keep our favorite game running, we are lucky to have you and it shows. ☺️

Which planet do you live on? lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

Wait so my r9 5900x, rx 6700xt, rx 580, 32GiB RAM doesn't meet the minimum required specs????

If your dedicated VRAM is below 1GB than yes it doesn't meet minimum required specs. If your dedicated VRAM is 1GB or over and you couldn't play the game then you were having a different issue.

15 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

If your dedicated VRAM is below 1GB than yes it doesn't meet minimum required specs. If your dedicated VRAM is 1GB or over and you couldn't play the game then you were having a different issue.

You do know that if someone (at least people i know) having the issue made a new account they could log on that new account with the same pc?
That is no hardware issue

56 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

For reference, the RX 6700xt has 12GB VRAM, and the RX 580 has 8GB, so I very much have way more than enough.

And the patch, well, it did fix my issue. So I guess my ``different issue'' was fixed by the same fix that worked on the main issue.

Or it was the same issue.

They still haven't said that they would give everyone affected a week of subscription time to make up for the lost time, they haven't said anything specific on how they would compensate.

55 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

You do know that if someone (at least people i know) having the issue made a new account they could log on that new account with the same pc?

If you were reading the other thread it very much was related to hardware - speifically VRAM. If you only had a few characters you were fine but the more characters you had on a server, the more chance you had that you froze on the title screen. That's why new accounts all worked. They only had one character to process via the VRAM. The more characters you had on a server the less likely your VRAM could handle the load and it froze on the title screen.

I could log into all servers except SS on my preferred account as they all had 8 characters or less. SS has 26 and would not load.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

If you were reading the other thread it very much was related to hardware - speifically VRAM. If you only had a few characters you were fine but the more characters you had on a server, the more chance you had that you froze on the title screen. That's why new accounts all worked. They only had one character to process via the VRAM. The more characters you had on a server the less likely your VRAM could handle the load and it froze on the title screen.

I guess the 4090 one of the people i know that had the issue has low vram

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

That's because new accounts have no characters. It was indeed a hardware issued related to a bug on the character selection screen. Also, some games can play on below minimum specs. They're just not intended to be, and as such, you won't be guaranteed a working experience.

Edited by Traceguy

15 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

I guess the 4090 one of the people i know that had the issue has low vram

4090 cards are not affected by that login issue, if your referring to kyrexjare his issue had nothing to do with the login issue and he is all good now https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Unable-to-launch-game-after-7-4-1b/m-p/13585103#M107869 that affected intel cards and potentially any other card not meeting the vram requirement

Saying there was a bug that caused the issue is not exactly true either

Edited by OwenBrooks

17 hours ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

Not sure why you couldn't login, but glad to hear you can now, if it was going to affect AMD cards they all would be affected, High end Nvidia cards were not affected either 

8 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

4090 cards are not affected by that login issue, if your referring to kyrexjare his issue had nothing to do with the login issue and he is all good

No idea who that person is and no, someone i know that has a 4090 and couldn't log but now he cans. 

On 3/21/2024 at 10:48 AM, mgorion said:

I wish to convey my gratitude and most heartfelt thanks to the SWTOR team, the developers, community members, and all others who dedicated their time and efforts to helping resolve our issues. 

Speaking for myself, I especially am relieved and very happy to be able to return to my Home away from real life, to find that so far all seems to be well. 

Everything possible?

Also a 4090 is now a low VRAM card and less than the minimum standard? What is this, 2034?