[HOWTO - EMPIRE] +10 All Attribute Datacrons on Ziost Shadow

Lemon_King

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I wonder who posted that.

Yea :) He mentioned it was you earlier today ^^ Small world :D Not sure if you posted this exact thing there or what, but he only linked us one picture from it. Would have helped a lot if he had of actually given us the whole damn thing. Might have even shaved off a bit of time and frustation >.<, but no matter, we all achieved it and it was a very fun journey figuring it out ^^

Has anyone figured out how to do this for republic? Tried for 3 hours last night, and the second to last grapple (to activate the grapple over the door) just never activates...

where did you grapple for the first one up high to the north, we kept going thru the roof or falling :/

Any hints on where to grapple for the second pair for Republic side? It seems buggy as all get out... constantly walking on the outside of the ship

^

This... Every single time

any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Disdained

Republic: be prepared to spend quite some time trying to get that southern one. It'll either kill you or put you onto the roof. We got it by being near the small computer terminal (it's very random though). Also, you can try from the republic logo on the ground near the small computer. Edited by demalus

Ok I just did it with some guildies on Republic side. The real pain in the *** is the first magnet : It's buggy as hell -> you have to run and jump in the opposite direction of where your Batgun is shooting, so you shoot forward to the right, meaning you run/strafe backwards to the left and jump when you're about to lift off, and keep spamming jump. After an hour of trying this was the most reliable way I found of getting up. My startoff shooting point was on the floor seperation part near the small console.

The other ones follow roughly the same way of getting up, but it's 100% reliable if you do it that way (opposite direction + jump). Just make sure you don't really get going untill the first guy is up on the "hard" one, wait for the button to reset after that.

BTW the minimum needs for 1-2 guys to get up is 2 batguns, you can have 2 other guys press the easy to access button (bottom left and bottom right ones), you need the 2 grapplers to do everything else, if you want to get it with 4 at ones you're gonna need 4 guns obviously :)

Had great fun figuring it out nonetheless, if you have questions /w enbee or shadows on Basilisk droid EU, if I'm not doing anything I might even come help (no guarantees :p)

Edited by enbee

Did it on Empire side just now.. Took about 6 of us to over-come the bugginess of not being able to have the grapples work properly. Sometimes we would grapple, only to be warped back and take up to 5k damage. It was a nightmare..

Took about an hour and a half inside of the museum.

When does the last grapple point actually activate? Do you need to do them in a certain order? We had all 5 panels running and weren't able to get the grapple-point above the door to unlock.

Republic side ofc.

edit: Nvm, you need the specific order, with the 5th panel last.

Edited by dakoth

Just got this on Republic side a few hours ago. The most annoying part was that bugged grapple point to the left of the post-bridge area. I eventually managed to get up there pretty much entirely on luck, and pressed the button when needed to make the grapple points activate and help my party get their datacrons.

And to add something constructive to this thread, once you've gotten someone up there, they can in fact get the datacron from where they're at, rather than having to get someone else up there to press the button for that person. Have them press their button at the right time, then /stuck to get to the end of the bridge, then jump down and cross the beams to reach the grapple point on the pillar. Then grapple to the door, and you're done.

Edited by CoreDumpError

It helps to have a consular grab the bugged one, as they can simply trigger their Force Wave at the right time and that will "freeze" them before they reach the grapple point and slip through the wall. Takes some timing, but it's how we eventually got it.

Once we got someone up there, we put people at the 3 other consoles and had the first set hit their consoles and /stuck back to the bridge. Then the second set hit theirs and did the same. All four then grappled to the "middle" point, and tried to get to the 5th console (buggy too, takes some jumping and glitchy positioning). Once someone got past there, they pushed that console and we all grappled to the door (works from both the "middle" spot and 5th console).

Took us a while to solve as we avoided using any spoilers beyond the clues that you needed the artifact from Corellia (had already found it myself), as well as the hint that it was somewhere on the fleet. I did most of the pre-4player puzzling myself and then brought in friends to help with the console part.

We thought it was bugged for sure when nothing happened after we clicked the 5th console. Then we tried re-doing them all in the correct order, and voilá!

Edited by dakoth

So does it means if you have team which already have cristal from corelia and never done this before (2x >45lvl) but for example in team are 2 characters which doesn't have eg. even 40lvl can obtain statistics from datacrones if they are in party ?

Ok, try now:

Example:

- There are team which counts 4 characters

- This characters never done this quest before (collect those datacrones)

- In the team are 2x 50 lvl, 1x 34 lvl and 41 lvl

- Everyone in team have MGGS

- 50s already have Cristals which allows to go to location where they need to use MGGS

Is it possible for low lvls (34 and 41) to collect datacrones while they are in team with 50s ?

No, it's not possible to enter the final door into the datacron's room unless you have the blue crystal, which you cannot get without being high level (I've read lvl 48+, though I don't know the exact level).

I know this because I spent several hours with my guildies getting these datacrons, but I joined the group late and never got my blue crystal. After I managed to get up to the bugged platform, and stayed there until all of them got their datacrons, I jumped down and grappled to the door, only to discover an "ACCESS DENIED" error message when I tried to open the door.

That was... less than pleasant.

Edited by CoreDumpError

It helps to have a consular grab the bugged one, as they can simply trigger their Force Wave at the right time and that will "freeze" them before they reach the grapple point and slip through the wall. Takes some timing, but it's how we eventually got it.

this did the trick for our group. consular using force wave and we were able to get it multiple times. before that.. took hours.

so, in conclusion.. for that one grapple shot that is difficult... get a consular to do it with force wave.