Please, make the story mode Flashpoints faster to complete and less spongy. They feel like a drag that takes way too long. Also, keep them from resetting if we disconnect.

Recently I returned to swotor to finally get that Copero stronghold and, doing the quests that the historian guy gives, I realized that the flashpoints, even in story mode, take too long to complete.

Enemies that are health sponges, bosses that are even bigger sponges, too many mini bosses and god forbid you disconnect, suffer a power outage or needs to be afk for a moment and get booted from the server, because you'll have to do it all over again from the very start.

Spirit of Vengeance and The False Emperor are some examples of FPs that feels like they take FOREVER to complete and at this point it's frankly the only reason that keeps me from leveling alts because they are just such a chore to do and that is only getting worse because Onslaught feels like the last time we had story progression through exploring planetary quests, like the class stories, instead of today that it's just talk to X person -> Enter small new daily area-> Flashpoint -> end of update.

AND I GET it, they are dungeons for grindy rewards that you are supposed to roll with a team, but I am playing them for the story, not to grind, else I would've just queue (not to mention that some FPs, like the Revan Arc FORCE you to do them alone else you won't move on with the story)

Am I asking Broadsword to just nerf the story mode FPs so we can just do them and be done with it? Yes, absolutely. Let the group modes grind as much as they want with the bullet sponges.
  • Like 2

They have always taken a long time. At the time, a lot of the games did this, they learned and shortened them or introduced ways to mark progress so the group could run it at another time within a week. SWTOR on the other hand never seemed to catch on and instead concentrated where you can get the missions.

I can generally solo vet flashpoints. I tried to solo [Story] Directive 7, and the first boss was so spongy, I got bored and decided to just group for it. Something tells me D7 hasn't been tuned for story mode.

Edited by Traceguy

14 hours ago, RedTheHedgehog said:

Am I asking Broadsword to just nerf the story mode FPs so we can just do them and be done with it? Yes, absolutely. Let the group modes grind as much as they want with the bullet sponges.

Are you running with a dps companion?  That can speed things up and the combat support droid/kolto stations will be all you need for heals.

Alternatively, as a workaround, try making a stealth combat style.  Some of the earlier flashpoints are very stealth friendly.  Such as False Emperor, you can skip all the mobs, so it's just the boss fights you're doing.

5 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I can generally solo vet flashpoints. I tried to solo [Story] Directive 7, and the first boss was so spongy, I got bored and decided to just group for it. Something tells me D7 hasn't been tuned for story mode.

You are level synced down for story flashpoints, and this game is pretty terrible at proper level syncing.

I've been solo'ing the vet flashpoints, at least the rewards are much better than story mode.  I main stealthers though, if you're fighting the mobs then it's probably faster to group.

1 hour ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

You are level synced down for story flashpoints, and this game is pretty terrible at proper level syncing.

You're right. I had just forgotten about that. The level drop can hurt

On 3/18/2024 at 3:52 AM, RedTheHedgehog said:

This is true, the game becomes a chore, it's not fun.  Geared up doesn't matter, D7 is tedious. It was easier to  do the other two.  

KOTFE and KOTET are the worst offenders of this as even with stealth toons there\'s a ton of forced combat. It's my number one complaint in this game.

Solo mode flashpoints should have fewer adds and adds with lower health to make them go a little faster and I think everyone would be happier with them.

The flashpoints themselves are decent. It's just the long slog that's artificially lengthened by multiple non-threatening fights