Help me with "Augments (300)"!

KaloVort

What augments to buy for Vigilance and Sorcerer?

Can Vigi and Sorc share the same augs and stats ? Cuz I transfer my items back and forth between the 2 alts to do some PvP dailies.

Most of my items got Alacrity. Maybe I need some Accuricy for Vigi? Crit for Sorcerer?

15 hours ago, KaloVort said:

What augments to buy for Vigilance and Sorcerer?

First thing I would recommend is opening up the Hyde and zeek vendors to at least 336 so u can get the enhancement/armorings/mods. Its far easier to min max your gear that way especially if you are going to want two different sets one for jugg and one for sorc. The augments can get u to the exact stats u want, but being able to mix and match which armorings and mods u need, makes it far easier to get closer to that threshold. Especially considering the other option is gear with stats baked in and the stats will definitely not be optimal if ur just throwing on any gear you get from drops or the pvp vendor. 

For jugg I'd say go like 4.5k crit, 2.2k alacrity and then stack Mastery/power. For sorc you will need at least 3.6k alacrity, more depending on ur play style. I go higher alacrity on sorc, and less crit, playstyles will vary. Some ppl go higher crit and less on mastery/power, it's really down to how u feel u are performing. 

I dont use accuracy for pvp on sorc, or many of the specs I play. Some ppl swear by it, because it does prevent u from missing certain attacks (white dmg so on jugg it could be more important, and on mara completely necessary). Again it's a playstyle decision tbh, but I also don't play jugg often in pvp so maybe someone can chime in on that. I see ppl using accuracy on operative and again I go with other stats and forgo the 1k accuracy u have to dedicate to get to the threshold. 

So to sum it up open up the Hyde zeek vendor stack whatever stat u want with the enhancements first, and then min max with the augments. 

4 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

I don't think Augs matter in PvP. 

What do u mean they don't matter? Do you mean they are like color crystals and don't actually add to your stats in a wz? Or do you mean you don't think the extra stats u gain from augs actually give u an advantage? 

Edited by Samcuu

13 hours ago, VegaMist said:

You must not PVP a lot. They absolutely matter in PVP.

It was BioWare's "Inflation Reduction Act". When the Aug prices skyrocketed to the Billions, people cried their hearts out. So, BW changed the PvP bolster. Everybody gets bolstered down to the 336 PvP armor lvl without Augs. So, wearing 344 PvE armor with 300 augs don't help. If you think about it, it's actually fair. So, every time I see my teammates in their little 344 PvE armors I know we are f!@#$%. Unless Broadsword changed things, I think still it's the case.

49 minutes ago, sauerkraut said:

It was BioWare's "Inflation Reduction Act". When the Aug prices skyrocketed to the Billions, people cried their hearts out. So, BW changed the PvP bolster. Everybody gets bolstered down to the 336 PvP armor lvl without Augs. So, wearing 344 PvE armor with 300 augs don't help. If you think about it, it's actually fair. So, every time I see my teammates in their little 344 PvE armors I know we are f!@#$%. Unless Broadsword changed things, I think still it's the case.

I think you are confused. Have you actually checked the difference?

Augs matter. Like a lot, there is no "bolster" in max-level PvP and you receive no stats for not having augments. The level sync function only lowers higher item rating gears stats nothing else so functionally it's not a bolster but a sync. Augs do not pass 336 so they don't get touched. 

On 3/18/2024 at 5:08 PM, Beyrahl said:

Augs matter. Like a lot, there is no "bolster" in max-level PvP and you receive no stats for not having augments. The level sync function only lowers higher item rating gears stats nothing else so functionally it's not a bolster but a sync. Augs do not pass 336 so they don't get touched. 

I did not say you get stats for not having augs. I said you don't get stats for having them in PvP.  As I know in PvP, players in PvE armor higher than 336, get "synced" down to 336 lvl with no augs. It would be nice if someone from the dev team helped to clear this.

6 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

I did not say you get stats for not having augs. I said you don't get stats for having them in PvP.  As I know in PvP, players in PvE armor higher than 336, get "synced" down to 336 lvl with no augs. It would be nice if someone from the dev team helped to clear this.

Not here to debate anything, I don't mind what you said because I wasn't doing anything but trying to inform. 

I'll say it again though, Augments do matter in PvP.
As stated previously level sync is currently the only thing happening in max-level PvP atm, so this means bolster isn't available to bring your stats up. So missing augments will account for thousands of stats missing. 2,394 power, 2,394 endurance, and 1,820 secondary to be exact if you were missing all 14 golds. 
Everyone in higher item rating gear gets synced down to 336. The augment is ignored by sync, there used to be a lot of bugs and actual bolster issues since 7.0 dropped and I reported nearly all of them and attempted to document, showcase, and educate people about it. I don't like stat advantages and I want everyone to be on an even playing field, gearing treadmill for PvP can be fun but not when the average player is missing augments or being fed wrong information greatly hindering them. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, sauerkraut said:

They don't need to clarify it because you can see it with your own eyes. All of those people on your team with 30K less HP than everyone else? They have no augs.