Galactic Season 6: A commemorative Introduction

Seriously......

What about this mission is either commemorative or an introduction?  Redoing 3 flashpoints for a new mission is just lazy and disrespectful of player time.  From a story perspective what will I learn doing these again for the 1,000th time?  I have the 50 false emperor and legacy of rakata flashpoints completed in 2015.  I did the 50 directive 7's in 2014.  I can't recall how many times since then I had to do these and redoing these another three times is just straight up a waste of time.  Kudos on the creativity and thinking of players enjoyment of the game.....

5 minutes ago, Drew_Braxton said:

Seriously......

What about this mission is either commemorative or an introduction?  Redoing 3 flashpoints for a new mission is just lazy and disrespectful of player time.  From a story perspective what will I learn doing these again for the 1,000th time?  I have the 50 false emperor and legacy of rakata flashpoints completed in 2015.  I did the 50 directive 7's in 2014.  I can't recall how many times since then I had to do these and redoing these another three times is just straight up a waste of time.  Kudos on the creativity and thinking of players enjoyment of the game.....

That was my first impression too. On top of that, those three are basically the longest flashpoints in the game. They are only slightly more tolerable in a group but are agonizingly slow solo with all the massive "bullet" sponges. Looks like the GS story is going to go on indefinite hold until I can convince myself its worth the time. Makes me dread what then next "mission" will be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drew_Braxton said:

Seriously......

Now is the BS team purposefully tanking the game? 

Because it sure seemed like at least some BW employees did that leading into 7.0. When it launched, it was as though nearly every system change and decision that could have made the player experience worse was in place and implemented. 

But now SWTOR is at Broadsword, which is what I thought the team wanted. That, once away from BW management, they could focus on making the game better and moving it forward. 

So why are basic decisions still so out of touch that they can be mistaken for actually trying to drive players away? 

I honestly can't believe someone thought this quest requirement would be a welcome one.  

Edited by arunav

5 hours ago, Drew_Braxton said:

Seriously......

Seems like another misguided attempt to get us to play more which will have the opposite effect since, as you correctly pointed out, a) most of us have done these flashpoints gazillion times and there is nothing new we can find in them; b) it takes so long, most player will only do it on one character; and c) it feels like lazy low-effort move on dev part ("lazy" was literally the first word that popped into my mind when I got that mission). Last season wasn't great, the story was silly, but at least it had a story - something that had effort put into it. This one is off to a very bad start. The stronghold itself looks beautiful, but you almost forget it due to everything else that went wrong with this patch.

• Like 1

Personally I just ran them as fast and as soon as I could on my main, a stealth toon with the best gear I have, yes D7 was an absolute chore but the others were fast enough I just grumbled my way through them. At least they did not ask us to do MM Black Talon because I would have lost it with this one.

Wait Wait wait. In order to advance the stronghold story you have to do those 3 flashpoints?? Yikes 😬😬 I thought the whole point of galactic seasons and adding so many different objectives was so people can play the content they want and ignore the things they don't like and still finish the season. Then they actual go an add a mission like this that is imperative to advancing the story? First off it completely flies in the face of how they say their season is supposed to be played and secondly its just MASSIVELY lazy. 

Agree totally with prior posts about the story being very lackluster for season 5 but at least it was original content. Just another instance of them recycling old content because they simply don't release anything new/interesting. Getting away from the companion carrot was also a terrible idea imo. Grinding the whole season for a companion made sense because companions especially lvl 50 comps, are at least useful. Copero is a beautiful stronghold, but can someone tell me exactly how it's useful in relation to the countless other sh's I already possess? 

I'm a white knight for the devs and in the past have defended a lot of the decisions they've made, but I'm running out of excuses now to defend some of this stuff 😂😂

• Like 1

Yeah, those three flashpoints are the first task the new NPC gives you, and if you want to unlock the SH then you will have to do those missions and so you have to do those FPs. For the story part... I admit that I thought it was really weird, as in and that's a spoiler the NPC tells you that his benefactors wants informations on past military battles... and then send you to do the FPs. It felt really weird because when someone ask you for informations on past military battles, you go look in a book or something, you don't time travel to the past to kick asses and take names. I expected to be sent to Korriban, Fleet or some other planets and have to search for some clickables that would "talk about those great battles". Not that I would have to fight them again. But as I said, other than D7, the other 2 were easily stealthed through for the most part, thankfully.

15 hours ago, arunav said:

Now is the BS team purposefully tanking the game? 

I think so. I mentioned it on Tuesday I believe, but I think Broadsword is putting the game in "Sabotage Mode". Rather than let it slowly die against everyone's wishes, they will just torture the game until everyone voluntarily quits. Then once subs drop enough, they can justify pulling the plug.

Edited by Traceguy