Too much garbage cosmetic gear makes for garbage newb experience

I'm a new player and overwhelmed by all the cosmetic garbage that's dropping. There's no way to tell what's important or not, so it makes me hesitant to sell it. However, if I put it in storage, it creates a huge jumbled mess as there's no way to filter or sort storage items meaningfully. If I don't sell it, I'm forced to constantly go find a storage locker, a task which disrupts my game play.

It's a small thing, but overnight it significantly impacted my UX for the worse. Please make it go away. That or make it convertible into something useful. I just want to play the stories, not manage the unmanageable.

Edited by brontosuchus
  • Like 1

If you're a new player, I highly recommend you get yourself a stronghold either dromund kaas or coruscant. They're relatively cheap, and they come with a legacy storage vault. Even with just one character this increases the size of stuff you can store. 

What I do to sort it, is when i put gear in there, I assign each row to one each for head, chest, hand, wrist, belt, legs, boots, weapon1, weapon2.

(the other stuff like relics & implants is not in the "fitted gear" so I either use it or sell them).

If you keep it organized from the beginning, it's much easier to deal with.

Then, as soon as you can afford it, buy additional storage space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brontosuchus said:

I'm a new player and overwhelmed by all the cosmetic garbage that's dropping. There's no way to tell what's important or not, so it makes me hesitant to sell it. However, if I put it in storage, it creates a huge jumbled mess as there's no way to filter or sort storage items meaningfully. If I don't sell it, I'm forced to constantly go find a storage locker, a task which disrupts my game play.

It's a small thing, but overnight it significantly impacted my UX for the worse. Please make it go away. That or make it convertible into something useful. I just want to play the stories, not manage the unmanageable.

Currently, these elements have no value, so the quickest way is to simply destroy them.

1 minute ago, kinhoandrei said:

They are aware and will fix this issue.

I hope so. It's all compounded by horrible storage mgmt. I don't understand why I can't filter by type in storage: e.g., I'd like to filter using the same object type filters that are in GTN.

• Like 1

personally, as a not-new player, I stick whatever fitted gear I get from characters i play in legacy vault, then get em out with my mule character and stick them in her vault. Duplicates I destroy.

2 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

If you're a new player, I highly recommend you get yourself a stronghold either dromund kaas or coruscant. They're relatively cheap, and they come with a legacy storage vault. Even with just one character this increases the size of stuff you can store. 

What I do to sort it, is when i put gear in there, I assign each row to one each for head, chest, hand, wrist, belt, legs, boots, weapon1, weapon2.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I get what you're saying and I think given what we have to work with, it's a good approach. However, if I can filter by object type in GTN, then the object metadata exists to add a similar feature in storage. That seems like a no brainer.

33 minutes ago, brontosuchus said:

That seems like a no brainer.

So many improvements to the game are a no brainer. The devs just prioritize the wrong things.  For 7.4.1, instead of focusing on QOL and bug fixes, they decided to waste time sitting down and conferencing with each other about how "over represented" reputation was and how they could find an alternative. Players earning conquest points aren't harming the game or other payers. And all players have equal access to conquest points. There's nothing that needed nerfing.

• Thanks 1