Change in the galactic season points

This galactic season feels slower in terms of earn points, since now the companions missions, instead of making You beat 100 enemies with a companion on each role (attack, heal, tank) is now just tank, and the ones that seem to give the most points are limited to PvP (and i'm more of a PvE player), though i think this change it's understandable (to prevent players of advance too much levels without spend real cash in  cartel coins and those cartel coins advance in the reward track, or complete it if You bought the neccesary amount of coins)

It feels about the same to me. The objectives are different every week. Some weeks will be more focused on PvP while other weeks are more focused on PvE.

For the companion weekly, there is a version for each role:

• I Have Your Back - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Damage role.
  • Cover Me - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Heal role.
  • Hold Them Down - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Tank role.

Next week it will be Cover Me (healer companion), so a lot easier.

There are also more PvE objectives. World bosses, flashpoints, operations, chapters (Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne), dailies and heroics, etc. For example, these objectives will be in the rotation periodically season:

• Coordinated Actions: Karagga's Palace - Complete Karaggas's Palace on Story difficulty.
  • Coordinated Actions: Terror from Beyond - Complete Terror from Beyond on Story difficulty.
  • Veteran Operations: Explosive Conflict - Complete Explosive Conflict on Veteran or Master difficulty.
  • Veteran Operations: The Ravagers - Complete The Ravagers on Veteran or Master difficulty.

World bosses, flashpoints, operations, and chapters all give the higher 12 season points.

Edited by ThanderSnB

52 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Yeah this is really bad.. Its like they want people to quit playing. Nothing will ever get me into Pvp..

Adding different tasks, both pvp and pve, means they don't want people to play? I would argue that it's exactly the opposite, this way everyone, regardless of their playing style, has some tasks they can perform.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fediamond said:

, instead of making You beat 100 enemies with a companion on each role (attack, heal, tank) is now just tank,

It's always been like that. Some weeks it's tank. Some weeks it's healer. Some weeks it's damage. It's never been kill 100 enemies with your companion "no matter what"

The objectives are always nonsense make-work chores, which is probably why I have yet to complete a single Season (I have reached 100 through a mix of points gained and credits spent, but never any of the 'do X weekly objectives' or 'reach max reputation status' achievements and such).

If you are like me and don't feel like running whatever crap someone in a building half way around the world stuck in a list just to waste your time, don't.

Play what you enjoy, gain points along the way from those activities, ignore everything else.

Edited by DawnAskham

22 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

The objectives are always nonsense make-work chores, which is probably why I have yet to complete a single Season (I have reached 100 through a mix of points gained and credits spent, but never any of the 'do X weekly objectives' or 'reach max reputation status' achievements and such).

If you are like me and don't feel like running whatever crap someone in a building half way around the world stuck in a list just to waste your time, don't.

Play what you enjoy, gain points along the way from those activities, ignore everything else.

The good news is, since GS lasts for 20 weeks, you only need to get 5 levels each week.

One is a "freebie" (for subscribers) just for logging in 4 days out of the week.

I hit 5 of these GS levels in two days on two different servers.

...just 4 more servers to go this week.

34 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

I believe most of the objectives can be completed automatically just while focusing on conquests (if you do those). Like defeating 100 enemies with tank companion for example can happen while doing the 75 enemies across either Hutta/Korriban/Tython/Ord Mantell. The Complete # of missions as Origin/Mirror can be completed just by doing dailies/heroics/bonus missions. The complete <flashpoint> x times can happen while working on Socialite I or the Complete Vet Flashpoint daily objective. And my personal favorite: Capital Punishment. You get 37,000CQP for beating The First or SD-0, so I'm going to try and kill them weekly regardless of Seasons.

There's some that take more effort to do and offer no conquest points, such as Liabilities of Quesh

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

It's always been like that. Some weeks it's tank. Some weeks it's healer. Some weeks it's damage. It's never been kill 100 enemies with your companion "no matter what"

There was a time when you got a season companion where the objective was defeat 100 enemies with that companion since you don't get that anymore it became like you said, 100 with tank, healer or dps.

10 hours ago, fediamond said:

This galactic season feels slower in terms of earn points, since now the companions missions, instead of making You beat 100 enemies with a companion on each role (attack, heal, tank) is now just tank, and the ones that seem to give the most points are limited to PvP (and i'm more of a PvE player), though i think this change it's understandable (to prevent players of advance too much levels without spend real cash in  cartel coins and those cartel coins advance in the reward track, or complete it if You bought the neccesary amount of coins)

There are 5 GS objectives that give 12 points this week.  One of them is PVP and it is for GSF.  One is for the world bosses on Nar Shadda and Quesh, and another for the new WB on Kessan's Landing.  One of them is doing a KOTFE chapter on Vet or harder.  The last one is doing two FPs out of the four listed.  That's pretty much how it was last season and the one before that.  Granted they adjust the objectives slightly each season but that just makes sense.  

9 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

For the companion weekly, there is a version for each role:

• I Have Your Back - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Damage role.
  • Cover Me - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Heal role.
  • Hold Them Down - Defeat 100 enemies with a companion set to the Tank role.

Next week it will be Cover Me (healer companion), so a lot easier.

A lot easier?  Don't people just take their companion and just go to their starter world and kill 100 things?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

A lot easier?  Don't people just take their companion and just go to their starter world and kill 100 things?

I save time by pairing it with dailies and heroics season weeklies and Origin story. For this week, I did Tatooine heroics with the tank companion with a Sith Inquisitor to get 3 objectives done at the same time. It's still pretty easy, but I have to watch my health a little because companion tanks sometimes have trouble holding aggro when I do AoE. After a number of battles, my health will get low and I have to remember to rest. With a healer, I don't even look at my health except for a few heroics that I know to be more dangerous. That's why I say it's easier.

3 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I save time by pairing it with dailies and heroics season weeklies and Origin story. For this week, I did Tatooine heroics with the tank companion with a Sith Inquisitor to get 3 objectives done at the same time. It's still pretty easy, but I have to watch my health a little because companion tanks sometimes have trouble holding aggro when I do AoE. After a number of battles, my health will get low and I have to remember to rest. With a healer, I don't even look at my health except for a few heroics that I know to be more dangerous. That's why I say it's easier.

I do the same, except that I put on the second wind legendary implant when I plan to use companion in Tank or dps mode.