What planets do you want to explore and get in swtor?

What planet do you want to see and explore in swtor? For me, I really want to see some planets on swtor for a long time now. I really love these planets and having them on swtor would be amazing.

I would like to get these planets:

• Dathomir

Dathomirflora.jpg.6bd83ffa26b1b3470bb9f92903f9cfda.jpg

• Kashyyyk

Kashyyykflora.jpg.87fb8b1cdde71eec28141b4563e30377.jpg

Kashyyykflora(shadowlands).jpg.855b325d4761677fa3567a3cdf5505e7.jpg

• Ryloth

Rylothflora.jpg.81d01afae621ce0465ecb6bd2e35913b.jpg

• Shili

planete_shili_1.jpg.8e68590ff4936942d2599f5863589e57.jpg

• Csilla

Csilla.jpg.f28bc0b1fd727619ea36a4dcff4fc131.jpg

• Naboo

Naboo.jpg.6281f142255aa7d02dfe3f5227a6b40e.jpg

I made a little topic with some story ideas here:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934011-planets-i-would-like-to-see-in-swtor-with-some-suggestions-for-the-stories/

Feel free to take a look here. :t_smile:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, VandarKel said:

Dxun. I know it's technically not a planet and already in game as an Op but it would still be a fantastic place to explore outside of the Op.
Mandalore.

Off the top of my head remembering lore..  the planet known as Mandalore in the Skywalker era, has not been colonized (or even named) by Mandalorians.  At the time of the Old Republic they still have no homeworld and are all nomadic, scattered everywhere.

25 minutes ago, xmarcusprimex said:

Off the top of my head remembering lore..  the planet known as Mandalore in the Skywalker era, has not been colonized (or even named) by Mandalorians.  At the time of the Old Republic they still have no homeworld and are all nomadic, scattered everywhere.

Mandalore was conquered by the Taung 7000bby. This game takes place 3643bby through 3639bby.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalore/Legends#History

16 hours ago, VandarKel said:

This game takes place 3643bby through 3639bby

It goes on at least as far as 3626bby, in fact.  See spoiler box for one example that says you are wrong:

Spoiler

Chapter II of KotFE lasts for five years of in-universe time.

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It goes on at least as far as 3626bby, in fact.  See spoiler box for one example that says you are wrong:

Hide contents

Chapter II of KotFE lasts for five years of in-universe time.

If I am wrong, I am wrong, and so is my source for the time frame. Which is fine either way. It still shows that the planet Mandalore was settled way before the events of The Old Republic.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Republic_era#3643_BBY-3639_BBY

• 3 weeks later...

Kashyyyk would be nice.

There is established story potential with all the Czerka bullsh*t.

And jungle planet would be neat if we can get a lot of plants/animal decorations.

I love those Ruhnuk cactus, the planet is beautiful even though the Mando stationed there suck (very unfriendly for non-stealth toons to go around).

• Like 1

Yavin IV.

The primary assets are mostly there, and the daily area or SoR story only gave the player what felt like a small glimpse of the moon, compared to what was the prior standard through 2.x for a 'planet.' Makeb was the last one that followed this model, and I'm under no illusion that the current team could make an area of that size in any reasonable timeframe. 

But! Revisiting a larger, more explorable Yavin IV area should be possible and would be worth it for Star Wars/SWTOR fans. There's probably some way to fit the Darth Nul story or something related after that's over to it. 

Someone else mentioned this, but Nadia Grell's home world also sounded interesting, if Kashyyyk isn't possible. Nadia once says in an 'entering area' remark (remember those?) her planet is also full of forests. If it were ever made, Nadia's species could also possibly be added to the game, since it would easily fit the parameters of what's necessary for the base game stories. 

Another area I'd like to see is an expanded Dantooine. This also benefits from many assets already existing for it, and the links back to the KOTOR games. 

To be frank, I only expect to see small areas of mostly pre-existing assets put together for 'new' planets/areas in the future. The team simply lacks the budget to do more. I'd prefer Broadsword takes all the profits and makes a lager than typical expansion, but am obviously not expecting anything of the sort. The game's updates will continue to get smaller in scope each year until an inevitable maintenance patch. 

Edited by arunav
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

I'm not sure about adding Nadia's species as a player character, in the counselor chapter 2 you are told that her world just joined the republic.

I was talking about her home planet, not about her species. She mentions forests and ancient ruins, maybe they are worth exploring? 

Most of those planets already exist in swtor (called different things, like Alderaan, Voss, Hoth, Rishi, and Makeb), but I like the idea of an underwater planet. We kind of do that in the (oh so stupid) Manaan storyline and in the very fun Arma Rasa mission, but it's not underwater, underwater because we are just walking along using our powers as always. But underwater.

Edited by TahliahCOH

On 4/1/2024 at 7:16 AM, Traceguy said:

We need Ryloth

I'm only going by the OP's pics, but we have that. On both Tat and Runuk. They both look just like this.

Edited by TahliahCOH

6 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

I'm only going by the OP's pics, but we have that. On both Tat and Runuk. They both look just like this.

True, if they do the dessert biome, it may be similar to stuff we already have. But there are other biomes they could explore if they wished to add a bit of uniqueness. Quoting the fandom wiki page

Ryloth's geology was nothing if not diverse, possessing a multitude of mountain ranges, snow plains, lush temperate forests, and deserts,  including the Jixuan desert, all of which were occupied by the planet's indigenous wildlife.

Terrain aside, I'm more interested in actually setting foot on the planet for roleplay reasons, as-well-as seeing the Twi'lek people and their culture. It would also be a nice way to bring back

Spoiler

Vette into the story for those who saved her; similar to how Ruhnuk brought back Torian.

• Like 1

Dathomir and Exegol. The latter, where Palpatine went to interact with ancient Sith cults and its ties to the Sith quest for immortality, seems right up SWTOR's alley. And Dathomir would just be cool. They could mostly make it with existing assets recolored, I'd guess, too.