Please bring back the Force-Veteran armor set and add it to the Cartel Market or Galactic Seasons

On 3/6/2024 at 4:08 PM, KaiserImperium said:

The Force-Veteran armor set was released as a limited time bonus to NIVIDIA Geforce Experience users as a promotional set in 2018 and since then, the set has yet to return. It is a beautiful set and though I understand that some people want their exclusive sets to stay exclusive, but let us not forget that those of us with ranked PVP sets before the PVP Seasons were introduce had to accept our exclusive sets to be made available to the general player base which I was content with since I couldn't care less. I want people to look cool and have their Star Wars character look the way they wish.

https://ibb.co/fXJpKbB - Link to the image of the armor set. :sy_armor:

Imagine a unique armor set within SWTOR or any game that offers customization as not just a collection aesthetics, but as a symbol of identity and prowess for players. Each set embodies a distinct style, shaping the way players tune their character's appearance and interact with the game world. When an armor set is removed, it's not just a loss of virtual gear; it's a loss of identity, of history, and of possibility especially in a game where let's be honest, 90% of the armor sets do not look like they belong in Star Wars and this is not Broadsword's fault nor recent BioWare designers as they have been doing a much better job at making good looking sets in recent years, but I digress.

Firstly, nostalgia exerts a powerful pull. Players forge memories and connections with specific armor sets especially if they were not available in the past as we saw players who have never PVPed rush to arenas and warzones to now obtain ranked armor sets. Bringing back a beloved armor set can evoke a rush of nostalgia, transporting players back to cherished memories and reigniting their passion for the game. It's a chance to recapture the magic that made the game special as cosmetics are such an important aspect of the game.

Moreover, reintroducing an armor set can enrich diversity and depth. Different sets cater to different styles of players, offering unique experimentation and creativity. By reinstating a beloved armor set, developers not only honor player preferences but also enhance the richness of the game's available options, providing players with more options for customization. This not only keeps existing players who want it engaged but also attracts new ones who may be enticed by the prospect of purchasing or earning such a cool looking set.

Additionally, community feedback holds immense value. Players are the lifeblood of any game, and their voices should be heard when it comes to decisions about game content. If a particular armor set garners widespread acclaim and requests for its return as I've seen many forum posts in the past attempt to do, it's a testament to its impact on the player community. By listening to player feedback and reintroducing the set to the cartel market or galactic seasons vendors, developers demonstrate their commitment to player satisfaction and engagement, fostering a sense of camaraderie and investment within the community. Furthermore, from a developer perspective, bringing back an armor set can be a strategic move. It showcases responsiveness and adaptability, signaling to players that the development team is attentive to their needs and willing to evolve the game based on their input. This fosters goodwill and loyalty among the player base, ensuring the game remains vibrant and relevant in the ever-changing gaming landscape. In conclusion, bringing back an armor set isn't just about adding pixels to the game; it's about honoring tradition, empowering players, and enriching the gaming experience. It's about recognizing the importance of player identity and choice, and the impact that beloved sets can have on the community.

The Force-Veteran armor set would be an amazing and easy inclusion to the cartel market with it already being in the game or it could even be sold in the PVP vendor if the developers desired for it to be something to grind for. :sy_auction:

Please take this post into consideration and take a few seconds to comment to support. Anything helps. ♥️

https://ibb.co/fXJpKbB - Link to the image of the armor set. :sy_armor:

R.jpg

Would like to see this again.

• Like 1

This was a really cool armor design and it would be nice to see it brought back to add some greater variety to the game, since a big part of playing SWTOR is personal expression and representing your own RP value in your characters we invest so much time into. 

• Like 1

As a player who recently came back to the game after a nearly 10 year absence is great to see the expansion in the content, but I think that most time limited content should eventually be brought back into the game, say least for a limited time type promotion. You can look at other games like No Man's Sky, which has periodic Expeditions with rewards tied to them. Annually they bring some (not all) of the expeditions back to give me users a chance to earn prior rewards. It's a great way to engage new players and give them a chance to get great stuff they otherwise missed

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LordNyris said:

This was a really cool armor design and it would be nice to see it brought back to add some greater variety to the game, since a big part of playing SWTOR is personal expression and representing your own RP value in your characters we invest so much time into. 

I absolutely agree. It becomes a tiresome endeavor when many of the cosmetics in this game do not look like they belong in Star Wars and some of the incredible sets that do, become apart of a Fear Of Missing Out FOMO practice from nearly a decade ago.

They have corrected this with many sets such as the Imperial Trooper armor from the Collector’s Edition. In addition to this, they made ranked PvP cosmetics very easily obtainable which I don’t mind, but it becomes frustrating when half of the bag of these metaphorical chips remain under lock and key.

2 hours ago, KorporateRaider said:

As a player who recently came back to the game after a nearly 10 year absence is great to see the expansion in the content, but I think that most time limited content should eventually be brought back into the game, say least for a limited time type promotion. You can look at other games like No Man's Sky, which has periodic Expeditions with rewards tied to them. Annually they bring some (not all) of the expeditions back to give me users a chance to earn prior rewards. It's a great way to engage new players and give them a chance to get great stuff they otherwise missed

It's fantastic to have you back in the game! Your insight as a fellow player is appreciated, and your suggestion to reintroduce time-limited content for limited-time promotions makes a lot of sense. It's a great way to ensure that all players, new and returning alike, have the opportunity to experience and enjoy content they may have missed out on. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

3 hours ago, ComfortingShadow said:

I agree with everyone in this thread that this armor set should be brought back. There would be no disadvantages as to doing so, as players benefit from having as many armor sets to choose from as possible, and developers benefit from giving players many options to increase player goodwill (and thus the likelihood that they will tell their friends about this game, thus increasing revenue for the company).

Bringing back the armor set would indeed offer players more options and enhance their overall experience. Additionally, increasing player goodwill through such actions can have positive ripple effects, potentially leading to increased revenue for the company as satisfied players are more likely to spread the word about the game. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter!

Seeing the set for the first time when it came out was one of the contributing factors in getting me to play SWTOR. Truthfully, I think bringing it back would definitely make for a more immersive experience in gameplay; it looks that good. 

• Thanks 1

This set here is the best looking set I've ever seen, never has a finer set been crafted by the fine developers of this game, please make it available for purchase on the Cartel Market, I want to buy this set very badly.

• Thanks 1

I'm not big on having exclusive cosmetics being locked behind a paywall that you can't even pay for anymore. I agree that SWTOR should bring back the armor set.

I believe that Bioware should bring back these old limited edition armor sets for several reasons. Firstly, it would give newer players a chance to experience content that they may have missed out on in the past. It would also provide veteran players with the opportunity to revisit and acquire these sets once again.

Additionally, reintroducing these armor sets would add more variety and diversity to the game's customization options. With the ever-growing roster of players and characters in SWTOR, having a wider selection of armor sets to choose from would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, I think bringing back old limited edition armor sets would not only benefit the players but also add value and nostalgia to the game.

• Thanks 1

I agree and not only this but plenty more discontinued armor sets throughout the swtor years. For us space barbies it is super beneficial and will help keep for game longevity and keep our toons looking fresh and unique. If perhaps even if a new vendor on the fleet was created to sell such armor sets that would be plenty beneficial. I feel that the need to even create new armor sets has dried out somewhat, and when I say that, I mean unique sets. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emmyrosa said:

I agree and not only this but plenty more discontinued armor sets throughout the swtor years. For us space barbies it is super beneficial and will help keep for game longevity and keep our toons looking fresh and unique. If perhaps even if a new vendor on the fleet was created to sell such armor sets that would be plenty beneficial. I feel that the need to even create new armor sets has dried out somewhat, and when I say that, I mean unique sets. 

You articulated your point quite well and I completely agree with your perspective. Not just this set, but all of them contribute significantly to the game's longevity and the enjoyment of players who take pride in customizing their characters' appearances, affectionately known as "space barbies." Many people joke on fleet how, “fashion is endgame.” At the end of the day, people want their Star Wars character to look their best to what they feel suits them.

Introducing discontinued armor sets back into the game not only allows players to maintain a sense of freshness and uniqueness in their character appearances but also adds depth to the game's customization options. Furthermore, creating a new vendor on the fleet dedicated to selling these sets would streamline access for players and enhance their overall gaming experience, but even just adding them to the seasonal vendor wouldn’t be a bad idea. For example, the mount that came along with this very same giveaway can be purchased from the seasonal tokens, so why not the armor set? I’d go as far as paying cartel coins for it. There is a helmet similar to it, yet it has very bulky additions that make it aesthetically unpleasant which is why I rarely see people wear it and why we need the original returned along with any other limited time sets.

While new armor sets are undoubtedly exciting, the appeal of unique and discontinued sets should not be underestimated. They hold sentimental value and offer a nostalgic connection to past content. By reintroducing these sets, SWTOR can cater to the desires of its diverse player base and ensure continued engagement and satisfaction within the game.

I just recently returned to the game after 9 yrs away, myself. My sons got me back into playing again, and it's been a blast. The folks in this thread have some great points, often echoed by my on kids -- bring back currently unavailable sets, at least on a temporary basis, throughout the year. There are sets that I have from when I originally played that they would like, and sets they've since gotten that I would love to get my hands on -- this Force-Veteran set among them. Had I been playing when it was available, I'd already have it :(

As far as exclusivity goes, having several exclusive sets myself, after several years it just makes sense to make them available again. After all, many who have gotten it when it was available may not play anymore and it gives new and returning players a chance to get the look(s) they are going for on their characters (very important for folks like me who tire of playing a character that no longer looks 'cool' lol).

imo, it's a win-win for everyone

• Thanks 1

I completely agree, I'm not big on fear of missing out (fomo), this armor should be added back to the game. I've seen plenty other games have exclusive armor that looks really cool only to take it away from the players and it sucks, SWTOR should not be one of them.

• Like 1

As i am a returning player from many years ago, but i cant access my old account. because  i don't have access to the old email i used. i would like an easy way of retrieving my old account. and yes i would love access to the things i missed over the years in some form

• Like 1