Please bring back the Force-Veteran armor set and add it to the Cartel Market or Galactic Seasons

9 hours ago, Likomg said:

I just recently returned to the game after 9 yrs away, myself. My sons got me back into playing again, and it's been a blast. The folks in this thread have some great points, often echoed by my on kids -- bring back currently unavailable sets, at least on a temporary basis, throughout the year. There are sets that I have from when I originally played that they would like, and sets they've since gotten that I would love to get my hands on -- this Force-Veteran set among them. Had I been playing when it was available, I'd already have it :(

As far as exclusivity goes, having several exclusive sets myself, after several years it just makes sense to make them available again. After all, many who have gotten it when it was available may not play anymore and it gives new and returning players a chance to get the look(s) they are going for on their characters (very important for folks like me who tire of playing a character that no longer looks 'cool' lol).

imo, it's a win-win for everyone

That's wonderful to hear that you've returned to the game after such a long break, especially with the encouragement of your sons! It's clear that the desire to bring back currently unavailable armor sets resonates strongly with many players. The sentiment of wanting to obtain sets that were missed during past periods of play, or ones that have since become coveted, is understandable and shared by many in the community.

You make a compelling argument we all agree with for reintroducing these sets, even if only on a temporary basis throughout the year. The idea of offering players the opportunity to acquire sought-after looks, whether they missed them previously or have recently become interested in them, is indeed a win-win situation. Not only does it cater to the desires of both new and returning players, but it also revitalizes the game's customization aspect and keeps characters feeling fresh and exciting.

Your perspective highlights the importance of player satisfaction and enjoyment, as well as the potential benefits of periodically reintroducing exclusive sets to the game. It's evident that this approach could enhance the overall player experience and contribute positively to the game's longevity and appeal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

returning player, would love to see this and other promotional stuff be available on the cartel market. also more customization options like sliders for the body and face and more default hairstyles.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AnnieSocial said:

returning player, would love to see this and other promotional stuff be available on the cartel market. also more customization options like sliders for the body and face and more default hairstyles.

As a fellow player, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. It would be fantastic to have promotional items readily available on the Cartel Market such as the Force Veteran armor set, along with more extensive customization options such as sliders for body and face adjustments, and a wider range of default hairstyles. Your suggestions align with what many in the community are hoping for, and I believe implementing these features would greatly enrich the gameplay experience for all players.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:01 PM, spacebane said:

Seeing the set for the first time when it came out was one of the contributing factors in getting me to play SWTOR. Truthfully, I think bringing it back would definitely make for a more immersive experience in gameplay; it looks that good. 

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment. The allure of such visually striking content undoubtedly enhances the immersion and enjoyment of gameplay. Reintroducing it would not only delight existing players but also attract new ones, adding depth and richness to the SWTOR experience. Your appreciation for the aesthetic value of the set echoes the sentiments of many in the community, and I believe its return would be met with enthusiasm and gratitude.

3 hours ago, KaiserImperium said:

It would be fantastic to have promotional items readily available

The problem with this is that it destroys much of the value, as promotional items, of the next batch of new promotional items, since folks who don't want to jump that hoop *now* can just wait for the item to be brought back.

But it's too late now.  That particular cat was out of the bag as soon as the very first time they added a new second opportunity to get a previous promotional item, that is, at least as far back as 2016 (or maybe early 2017), when they offered the second chance at getting Nico Okarr.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The problem with this is that it destroys much of the value, as promotional items, of the next batch of new promotional items, since folks who don't want to jump that hoop *now* can just wait for the item to be brought back.

But it's too late now.  That particular cat was out of the bag as soon as the very first time they added a new second opportunity to get a previous promotional item, that is, at least as far back as 2016 (or maybe early 2017), when they offered the second chance at getting Nico Okarr.

The disclosure regarding the availability of these promotional items through the Galactic Seasons vendor or the Cartel Market is indeed significant, revealing a reality where concerns about devaluation hold less weight. The precedent set by the accessibility of ranked PVP cosmetics to the wider player base has already altered the landscape of exclusivity within the game. Personally, my perspective aligns with a broader ethos of inclusivity, where the enjoyment of all cosmetics, whether easily obtained or acquired through rigorous effort, is paramount. Rather than lamenting the perceived loss of uniqueness associated with previously exclusive items when I had the once exclusive ranked PvP Resourceful Renegade set, my inclination was to celebrate it’s newfound accessibility to all players, both veteran and novice alike. Therefore, while I acknowledge the principle of safeguarding the value of promotional items, its application appears inconsistent in light of past concessions such as Nico being available for a few seasonal token now. I have my own fair share of promotional items like the Special Forces set obtained through the BF2 promotion. As a owner of the set, I appreciate its aesthetic appeal and would welcome its availability to a wider audience without any reservations or sense of entitlement. Ultimately, fostering an environment where every player can enjoy such unique offerings only serves to enrich the collective experience of the community.

Very nice looking armor set! 

On 3/16/2024 at 7:30 PM, ThiccFatal said:

I have just started playing this game for the first time and I think it would be awesome to see this armor set comes back. I think its a badass looking set

On 3/6/2024 at 4:08 PM, KaiserImperium said:

The Force-Veteran armor set was released as a limited time bonus to NIVIDIA Geforce Experience users as a promotional set in 2018 and since then, the set has yet to return. It is a beautiful set and though I understand that some people want their exclusive sets to stay exclusive, but let us not forget that those of us with ranked PVP sets before the PVP Seasons were introduce had to accept our exclusive sets to be made available to the general player base which I was content with since I couldn't care less. I want people to look cool and have their Star Wars character look the way they wish.

https://ibb.co/fXJpKbB - Link to the image of the armor set. :sy_armor:

Imagine a unique armor set within SWTOR or any game that offers customization as not just a collection aesthetics, but as a symbol of identity and prowess for players. Each set embodies a distinct style, shaping the way players tune their character's appearance and interact with the game world. When an armor set is removed, it's not just a loss of virtual gear; it's a loss of identity, of history, and of possibility especially in a game where let's be honest, 90% of the armor sets do not look like they belong in Star Wars and this is not Broadsword's fault nor recent BioWare designers as they have been doing a much better job at making good looking sets in recent years, but I digress.

Firstly, nostalgia exerts a powerful pull. Players forge memories and connections with specific armor sets especially if they were not available in the past as we saw players who have never PVPed rush to arenas and warzones to now obtain ranked armor sets. Bringing back a beloved armor set can evoke a rush of nostalgia, transporting players back to cherished memories and reigniting their passion for the game. It's a chance to recapture the magic that made the game special as cosmetics are such an important aspect of the game.

Moreover, reintroducing an armor set can enrich diversity and depth. Different sets cater to different styles of players, offering unique experimentation and creativity. By reinstating a beloved armor set, developers not only honor player preferences but also enhance the richness of the game's available options, providing players with more options for customization. This not only keeps existing players who want it engaged but also attracts new ones who may be enticed by the prospect of purchasing or earning such a cool looking set.

Additionally, community feedback holds immense value. Players are the lifeblood of any game, and their voices should be heard when it comes to decisions about game content. If a particular armor set garners widespread acclaim and requests for its return as I've seen many forum posts in the past attempt to do, it's a testament to its impact on the player community. By listening to player feedback and reintroducing the set to the cartel market or galactic seasons vendors, developers demonstrate their commitment to player satisfaction and engagement, fostering a sense of camaraderie and investment within the community. Furthermore, from a developer perspective, bringing back an armor set can be a strategic move. It showcases responsiveness and adaptability, signaling to players that the development team is attentive to their needs and willing to evolve the game based on their input. This fosters goodwill and loyalty among the player base, ensuring the game remains vibrant and relevant in the ever-changing gaming landscape. In conclusion, bringing back an armor set isn't just about adding pixels to the game; it's about honoring tradition, empowering players, and enriching the gaming experience. It's about recognizing the importance of player identity and choice, and the impact that beloved sets can have on the community.

The Force-Veteran armor set would be an amazing and easy inclusion to the cartel market with it already being in the game or it could even be sold in the PVP vendor if the developers desired for it to be something to grind for. :sy_auction:

Please take this post into consideration and take a few seconds to comment to support. Anything helps. ♥️

https://ibb.co/fXJpKbB - Link to the image of the armor set. :sy_armor:

R.jpg

On 3/16/2024 at 7:30 PM, ThiccFatal said:

I have just started playing this game for the first time and I think it would be awesome to see this armor set comes back. I think its a badass looking set

Its a great Post and a good suggestion to bring "old" armor sets back into the game even as event armors.

My suggestion would also be to bring more KOTOR/KOTOR2 armor sets into the game either as an event bonus or even in cartell market for exmple a full armor set of Nihilus and not just the mask.

Also could be a KOTOR themed event a good idea not just some side notes in some Operations or Flashpoints.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KaiserImperium said:

Therefore, while I acknowledge the principle of safeguarding the value of promotional items, its application appears inconsistent in light of past concessions such as Nico being available for a few seasonal token now.

Indeed it does, which was kinda sorta the point I was driving at.

23 hours ago, KaiserImperium said:

I have my own fair share of promotional items like the Special Forces set obtained through the BF2 promotion. As a owner of the set, I appreciate its aesthetic appeal and would welcome its availability to a wider audience without any reservations or sense of entitlement

I agree with this sentiment (I have pretty much all the "exclusives" offered since I started a continuous subscribed-status train in July 2015).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EmpLP said:

Its a great Post and a good suggestion to bring "old" armor sets back into the game even as event armors.

My suggestion would also be to bring more KOTOR/KOTOR2 armor sets into the game either as an event bonus or even in cartell market for exmple a full armor set of Nihilus and not just the mask.

Also could be a KOTOR themed event a good idea not just some side notes in some Operations or Flashpoints.

Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts! I completely agree that reintroducing old armor sets, especially from KOTOR/KOTOR2, would add depth and excitement to the game. A dedicated KOTOR-themed event sounds like a fantastic idea that could truly immerse players in the lore. Your suggestions are spot-on and would definitely enhance the overall experience for all players.

• Like 1

always a shame to have content lost to time, wish they would at the very least make stuff like this able to be purchased from the cartel market so that they at least would get our money in exchange for them

• Like 1