Please bring back the Force-Veteran armor set and add it to the Cartel Market or Galactic Seasons

11 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Why are there *so* many "first post on forums, joined the forums just to post" posts  on this subject?(1)

(1) I'm well aware of one very negative and cynical interpretation, but I'm trying to be less uncharitable.

And all posted their first message on this post, all received a like from op and the first post has likes from all of them, one of the accounts also doesn't exist anymore, the consequence, this is a popular post so that everyone keeps seeing it.
If this isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It is a sick looking set of armor. Definitely would like to see it make a return. What do they have to lose to be honest?

Edit: It says "joined recently" but I was an OG player back in the day. Just lost my account.

Edited by bretavaughn
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, KyraMalakai said:

And all posted their first message on this post, all received a like from op and the first post has likes from all of them, one of the accounts also doesn't exist anymore, the consequence, this is a popular post so that everyone keeps seeing it.
If this isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

Hi there! I made a similar reply and feel bad for copy pasting as to not want to spam the same message. However, it explains your question very well.

“It is essential to note that participation in the forums requires subscription status. I have taken the initiative to share the link to this post across platforms like Discord, particularly on the primary SWTOR server, to raise awareness in addition to guilds and other players on fleet. It’s heartening to witness considerable agreement among many individuals. While it may be an individual's first time on the forums as a new forums user, this does not mean they are a new SWTOR player as my own forums account was made after having played for quite some time. However, I urge caution against levying accusations without a full understanding of the forum’s operational protocols. Such actions not only diminish the integrity of the post but also undermine the voices of the players in agreement. Let us uphold a respectful discourse and ensure that all perspectives are duly considered.”

Of course I’m going to like their messages! To post a negative reaction to something I agree with would not only be counterintuitive, but inimical to our own goals.

Thank you for your comment:classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Why are there *so* many "first post on forums, joined the forums just to post" posts  on this subject?(1)

(1) I'm well aware of one very negative and cynical interpretation, but I'm trying to be less uncharitable.

Hi there! I trust my recent response to a similar post on page 6/6 has provided clarity to your inquiry, though I feel compelled to extend the discourse with added depth.

Drawing a parallel to the movement within the conquest forums in early 2021, where measures were enacted to mitigate exploitation through the introduction of pending status for new members and the revision of certain repetitive objectives. Many of the players who commented on that post were new to the forums. That  moment served as an introduction to the forums for many, redirecting discussions from fleet chat or Reddit to the appropriate platform for engaging with developers. The journey to raise awareness regarding a seemingly simple armor set has evolved into a concerted effort, involving extensive dialogues with the community of SWTOR on fleet, various guilds, and members of the main SWTOR Discord server, both seasoned and novice players. It has become evident that many were previously unaware of the forum’s role as a conduit for effecting change.

Although our initial post garnered developer attention early on, evidenced by the acquisition of a developer tag around the time we had a mere 20 replies, I have nevertheless continued to spread the message within reason to accumulate more players seeking to adorn themselves with this coveted set and other ephemeral cosmetics yet to grace the galaxy.

Your active engagement within this discourse is sincerely appreciated, enriching our collective understanding with insights that may have eluded my purview. Thank you for your continued contributions.

May the force be with you:classic_biggrin:

Edited by KaiserImperium
  • Confused 1

I think it would be great to bring back. Alot of players, including myself are completionist and collectors and would be a great addition to collectios. I myself have been away from the game for awhile and missed out on the chance to get this and many other sets.

• Like 1

I didn't start Swtor when this armor was out and about, but a large part of why I like playing is the ability to customize our characters from face and body to clothing and weapons. Having a larger variety allows a visual story to take place beyond what is given in the story, like an expression of a deeper mood. So the devs should absolutely bring the force-vet armor back!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, KaiserImperium said:

The Force-Veteran armor set was released as a limited time bonus to NIVIDIA Geforce Experience users as a promotional set in 2018 and since then, the set has yet to return. It is a beautiful set and though I understand that some people want their exclusive sets to stay exclusive, but let us not forget that those of us with ranked PVP sets before the PVP Seasons were introduce had to accept our exclusive sets to be made available to the general player base which I was content with since I couldn't care less. I want people to look cool and have their Star Wars character look the way they wish.

https://ibb.co/fXJpKbB - Link to the image of the armor set. :sy_armor:

Imagine a unique armor set within SWTOR or any game that offers customization as not just a collection aesthetics, but as a symbol of identity and prowess for players. Each set embodies a distinct style, shaping the way players tune their character's appearance and interact with the game world. When an armor set is removed, it's not just a loss of virtual gear; it's a loss of identity, of history, and of possibility especially in a game where let's be honest, 90% of the armor sets do not look like they belong in Star Wars and this is not Broadsword's fault nor recent BioWare designers as they have been doing a much better job at making good looking sets in recent years, but I digress.

Firstly, nostalgia exerts a powerful pull. Players forge memories and connections with specific armor sets especially if they were not available in the past as we saw players who have never PVPed rush to arenas and warzones to now obtain ranked armor sets. Bringing back a beloved armor set can evoke a rush of nostalgia, transporting players back to cherished memories and reigniting their passion for the game. It's a chance to recapture the magic that made the game special as cosmetics are such an important aspect of the game.

Moreover, reintroducing an armor set can enrich diversity and depth. Different sets cater to different styles of players, offering unique experimentation and creativity. By reinstating a beloved armor set, developers not only honor player preferences but also enhance the richness of the game's available options, providing players with more options for customization. This not only keeps existing players who want it engaged but also attracts new ones who may be enticed by the prospect of purchasing or earning such a cool looking set.

Additionally, community feedback holds immense value. Players are the lifeblood of any game, and their voices should be heard when it comes to decisions about game content. If a particular armor set garners widespread acclaim and requests for its return as I've seen many forum posts in the past attempt to do, it's a testament to its impact on the player community. By listening to player feedback and reintroducing the set to the cartel market or galactic seasons vendors, developers demonstrate their commitment to player satisfaction and engagement, fostering a sense of camaraderie and investment within the community. Furthermore, from a developer perspective, bringing back an armor set can be a strategic move. It showcases responsiveness and adaptability, signaling to players that the development team is attentive to their needs and willing to evolve the game based on their input. This fosters goodwill and loyalty among the player base, ensuring the game remains vibrant and relevant in the ever-changing gaming landscape. In conclusion, bringing back an armor set isn't just about adding pixels to the game; it's about honoring tradition, empowering players, and enriching the gaming experience. It's about recognizing the importance of player identity and choice, and the impact that beloved sets can have on the community.

The Force-Veteran armor set would be an amazing and easy inclusion to the cartel market with it already being in the game or it could even be sold in the PVP vendor if the developers desired for it to be something to grind for. :sy_auction:

Please take this post into consideration and take a few seconds to comment to support. Anything helps. ♥️

R.jpg

Yes bring it back

Being a returning player, I always appreciate this set of armor.  Before today, I thought that everyone was granted this set.  This would be a valuable addition for new players, and if not at least offer it on the market.  

• Like 1

Hoping this comes back! I'm a new player and have little to no interest in the current armor sets being sold in the market. Would definetly buy this one. How about having an event where the best rewards are armor sets from previous releases? This would give new players the oportunity to get these as well.

This is a really clean armor set, if the original was for a promotion and you don't wanna ruin that aspect of it, why not just recolor if a return release isn't viable due to Nvidia crossover event terms ect. Give your players what they want and keep the community growing and happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grundledoore said:

if a return release isn't viable due to Nvidia crossover event terms ect

Clearly it isn't against the terms of the Nvidia thing, because they already rereleased it once, the February after the Nvidia thing.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:08 PM, KaiserImperium said:

The Force-Veteran armor set was released as a limited time bonus to NIVIDIA Geforce Experience users as a promotional set in 2018 and since then, the set has yet to return. It is a beautiful set and though I understand that some people want their exclusive sets to stay exclusive, but let us not forget that those of us with ranked PVP sets before the PVP Seasons were introduce had to accept our exclusive sets to be made available to the general player base which I was content with since I couldn't care less. I want people to look cool and have their Star Wars character look the way they wish.

Imagine a unique armor set within SWTOR or any game that offers customization as not just a collection aesthetics, but as a symbol of identity and prowess for players. Each set embodies a distinct style, shaping the way players tune their character's appearance and interact with the game world. When an armor set is removed, it's not just a loss of virtual gear; it's a loss of identity, of history, and of possibility especially in a game where let's be honest, 90% of the armor sets do not look like they belong in Star Wars and this is not Broadsword's fault nor recent BioWare designers as they have been doing a much better job at making good looking sets in recent years, but I digress.

Firstly, nostalgia exerts a powerful pull. Players forge memories and connections with specific armor sets especially if they were not available in the past as we saw players who have never PVPed rush to arenas and warzones to now obtain ranked armor sets. Bringing back a beloved armor set can evoke a rush of nostalgia, transporting players back to cherished memories and reigniting their passion for the game. It's a chance to recapture the magic that made the game special as cosmetics are such an important aspect of the game.

Moreover, reintroducing an armor set can enrich diversity and depth. Different sets cater to different styles of players, offering unique experimentation and creativity. By reinstating a beloved armor set, developers not only honor player preferences but also enhance the richness of the game's available options, providing players with more options for customization. This not only keeps existing players who want it engaged but also attracts new ones who may be enticed by the prospect of purchasing or earning such a cool looking set.

Additionally, community feedback holds immense value. Players are the lifeblood of any game, and their voices should be heard when it comes to decisions about game content. If a particular armor set garners widespread acclaim and requests for its return as I've seen many forum posts in the past attempt to do, it's a testament to its impact on the player community. By listening to player feedback and reintroducing the set to the cartel market or galactic seasons vendors, developers demonstrate their commitment to player satisfaction and engagement, fostering a sense of camaraderie and investment within the community. Furthermore, from a developer perspective, bringing back an armor set can be a strategic move. It showcases responsiveness and adaptability, signaling to players that the development team is attentive to their needs and willing to evolve the game based on their input. This fosters goodwill and loyalty among the player base, ensuring the game remains vibrant and relevant in the ever-changing gaming landscape. In conclusion, bringing back an armor set isn't just about adding pixels to the game; it's about honoring tradition, empowering players, and enriching the gaming experience. It's about recognizing the importance of player identity and choice, and the impact that beloved sets can have on the community.

The Force-Veteran armor set would be an amazing and easy inclusion to the cartel market with it already being in the game or it could even be sold in the PVP vendor if the developers desired for it to be something to grind for. :sy_auction:

Please take this post into consideration and take a few seconds to comment to support. Anything helps. ♥️

R.jpg

As a new player I hate that I missed out on this set and I agree that there isn't really a downside in them adding this back in the market, even if only for a limited time

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Budminn said:

I agree that there isn't really a downside in them adding this back in the market

If by "the market", you mean "the Cartel Market", there very much *is* a downside, in that the players who missed it the two times it was already available would have to pay Cartel Coins for it (i.e. in some sense, actual money), while the ones who got it before got it without having to do that.

Putting it on the Galactic Seasons vendor cycle would be better.

+1

Entirely agree. I'm a returning player from many years playing and I was sad to see the Force Veteran's set no longer available in-game when I came back. It would be so cool to see it make a comeback and awesome to see what sorts of styles other folks are able to create with it! Hopefully it'll come back around, either through the Cartel Market or even in the Seasonal merchant vendors where it might be a little bit more accessible!

Edited by GreenXCT
  • Like 1

Been playing this game for 10 years now, on and off, but I always come back. I own only a handful of armors sets from the Cartel Market, since I only bought the ones I found to be really good-looking. This set, the Force-Veteran Armor Set, if it were available on the Cartel Market tomorrow, I'd buy it hands-down, no matter the cost. It just fits into the overall Star Wars feeling really well, which to me is one of the main points when choosing an armor set for any of my characters. So yes, I support this initiative. Please bring this armor set back and add it to the Cartel Market, it would be an amazing addition!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DropTopChopper said:

such a beautiful armor piece, keeping it limited to a geforce promo is genuinely disturbing

I guess it's good that it was also available in Valentine's Day promotion the following February.

But it would be nice to make it (and the Chiss Airspeeder mount that accompanied it both times) available again.  The best route for that would be the Galactic Seasons vendor that sells old promos.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:21 PM, GreenXCT said:

Entirely agree. I'm a returning player from many years playing and I was sad to see the Force Veteran's set no longer available in-game when I came back. It would be so cool to see it make a comeback and awesome to see what sorts of styles other folks are able to create with it! Hopefully it'll come back around, either through the Cartel Market or even in the Seasonal merchant vendors where it might be a little bit more accessible!

Absolutely! I'm hopeful we'll get the chance to see the Force-Veteran's set back in the game in 7.5 after receiving the developer highlight on the initial post, opening up new possibilities for customization and style. Whether through the Cartel Market or the Seasonal vendors. I’d be more than happy to pay for this gorgeous set.

Thank you for commenting!

May the force be with you:classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 1:39 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Clearly it isn't against the terms of the Nvidia thing, because they already rereleased it once, the February after the Nvidia thing.

I’d like to add to this. The Chiss Talon Interceptor included in the NVIDIA GeForce© ‘Rule the Galaxy Story Pack’ Giveaway in which this was initially bundled with was included in the Galactic Seasons vendor rotation. I’m unsure if it was also apart of the DvL event, but I believe it to still reinforce your point that it shouldn’t be against the terms of the NVIDIA agreement to also include the Force-Veteran armor set in the seasonal vendor or cartel market if they want to make a profit off of it.

Thank you for your comment!

Edited by KaiserImperium
I had just realized you made this very same point in a following reply. Sorry about that!
  • Like 1