Welcome to March! When is the 7.4.1 update, SV transfers and new GS starting?

Again, no date, no communication beyond coming in March. Why are they so reluctant to put a date out there. I would love to anticipate the launch and do some work to be ready for all three.
Any bets on a launch date?
Not this week
Maybe Tue/Wed March 12/13th? Only a week away.
Or... 
Transfers would be nice after a Tuesday reset, just to collect guild conquest reward before transferring. We're gonna have to wait after transfers till the next Tue reset to contribute conquest to guilds. Guild bank access after transferring to SV and joining a guild is still 30 days. Horrible setting. This needs to be changed.
Transfers need to happen before GS starts imho for guild join conquest point contribution delay. Seasons objectives and Conquest objectives are the only reason I play anymore.

Man, it has been such a long time since I stopped trusting MMORPG developers to keep an announced date and time for something ... 

I just imagine game developers saying, "How long will it take to get it ready? Hey, it'll take as long as it takes, okay?"

24 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

I just imagine game developers saying, "How long will it take to get it ready? Hey, it'll take as long as it takes, okay?"

That's *all* developers, sad to say, whether of games or spreadsheets or whatever.

Even me, and I've been doing the "my day job is developer" schtick for thirty five years.

54 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

Man, it has been such a long time since I stopped trusting MMORPG developers to keep an announced date and time for something ... 

Only game devs I have learned to kinda trust in the MMO space are the FFXIV Devs.

I don't think I have EVER trusted the devs at Bioware/Broadsword. Just can't. Too many screw ups and dropped balls...especially with one of the BIGGEST selling IPs in history. It's like watching a trainwreck happen in real time honestly.

• Like 3

My guess is March 19th. I'm trying to be productive in the off-season, taking care of things I always put on the backburner during seasons. Stuff like leveling all my companions on my mains with gifts or exploring all the planets with my mains. They are things that aren't very important, but I'm kind of a completionist when it comes to my mains.

• Like 1

As an aside but along the same lines... When one DOES finally get to transfer does the vacated slot in the old server go with the transfer or will it open up for a replacement? Has anyone transferred before and know this for certain?

1 hour ago, NoobieWan said:

As an aside but along the same lines... When one DOES finally get to transfer does the vacated slot in the old server go with the transfer or will it open up for a replacement? Has anyone transferred before and know this for certain?

available slots are account wide, the unlocked slots you have are the same on all servers.
when your character is transferred an available slot is required at the destination, and becomes available for a new character on the origin server

2 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

available slots are account wide, the unlocked slots you have are the same on all servers.
when your character is transferred an available slot is required at the destination, and becomes available for a new character on the origin server

One caveat to this, which probably would not apply to APAC players moving to the server, is that if you are already over the number of available slots (free slots plus purchased ones) on the origin server due to server merges, you would not get an open slot on the origin server.

2 minutes ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

As a subscriber, I want to know what am I'm paying for!

That's easy.  You're paying for access to the game without the restrictions that non-subscribers face, plus 500-600 (depending on your subscription option) Cartel Coins each "month" (where "month" means a 30 day period rather than a strict calendar month).  That's all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That's easy.  You're paying for access to the game without the restrictions that non-subscribers face, plus 500-600 (depending on your subscription option) Cartel Coins each "month" (where "month" means a 30 day period rather than a strict calendar month).  That's all.

Say's the man who feel's a need to comment on every single post he read's!

Just so you know, that wasn't my point!!!

Edited by PeterGun-SWE
  • Thanks 1