Is there any proof that Broadsword actually reads any of these?

Freeze-Dry

They do read bug reports and even respond once in a while, which is nice. The suggestion box on the other hand is a mystery. My theory is that they do sometimes read it to have a laugh and then ignore it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Whykara said:

They do read bug reports and even respond once in a while, which is nice. The suggestion box on the other hand is a mystery. My theory is that they do sometimes read it to have a laugh and then ignore it.

It's a policy, in fact, that they don't answer suggestion-box posts.  See this post by @EricMusco in 2016:

On 10/12/2016 at 11:52 PM, EricMusco said:

It is actually by design that we respond rarely/if ever in the Suggestion Box forum. I can tell you that the team definitely reads that forum often to see what players would like to see. The challenge is that if we respond to specific threads or ideas, it will set an expectation that the idea is "confirmed going into the game" or could make other people feel like their ideas are getting less attention.

It is that sensitivity that keeps us from not posting in there. We do read it though, so keep the suggestions coming!

-eric

PS - I should move this to the suggestion box since it is a suggestion, but then I wouldn't respond :rak_03:

Edited by SteveTheCynic
  • Thanks 1

They may, indeed, read them.

Whether or not it actually matters is anybody's guess.

Think of it this way. If somebody takes the suggestions out of the suggestion box, reads them, and then tosses them into a paper shredder, is that really any different from just having the paper shredder as the suggestion box?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

is that really any different from just having the paper shredder as the suggestion box?

It isn't, but there are things(1) that have appeared in the suggestion box, often *multiple* times, and that are in the game today.

(1) Example: the credits stored for your legacy in the legacy storage.  That was added *long* and longer than that after the legacy storage was added(2), and in the meantime, people suggested it over and over again.

(2) @Ratajack must be having fits about that.(3)

(3) No, I'm not going to explain.  Forum Search is your friend.

On 3/3/2024 at 5:17 AM, Freeze-Dry said:

Or is this the digital equivalent of having a paper shredder as your suggestion box?

Well, this was technically said by Bioware, not Broadsword, but...

On 5/9/2023 at 1:21 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi, 

We do read the bug reports that are posted here and reported in various spaces. I do want to reiterate this portion of the bug report sub-forum guidelines. "Please note that while we will be reading the reports here in this forum, we will not respond to every thread. Additionally, a developer response in a thread is not an indication of the significance, priority, severity of a bug, or a guarantee that the bug will be fixed." Please be mindful of this. 

That said, we have read this report and are aware of this issue.