Patch 1.0.2 fixes some of the Cover bugs

Gaidax

Patch notes are up at the PTR forum.

Corrected an issue that could prevent players from taking cover when targeting large NPCs.

Fixed a bug that caused some abilities with activation times to be interrupted when used from cover.

Yay! Prepare to wreck people!

Cover response time still sucks in PvP though. :/

I hate just standing there and spam the damn thing, and my ms is ~50, all the time.

Personally I've never experience this (outside of usual lag). Although I did hear that people using the skillbook skills on their action bars instead of the preset F / Shift-F keys suffer from that.

There's issues with Snap Shot as well, supposed to make snipe instant when entering cover but its sharing a cooldown with Ballistic Dampeners.

Made a video:

Just watch the buff bars for Snap Shot and Ballastic Dampeners, you should see Ballastic Dampeners once every six seconds that's fine. But you should see/get the Snap Shot buff everytime you enter cover. Its not happening.

Snap Shot and the instant Snipe has a six-second internal cooldown -- which may or may not be showing up in the tooltip.

Nope not in the tooltip, though it's to be expected. Pretty powerful if you could spam cover-snipe-cover-snipe while kiting in pvp.

Personally I've never experience this (outside of usual lag). Although I did hear that people using the skillbook skills on their action bars instead of the preset F / Shift-F keys suffer from that.

It's not that. I'm using cover from the keybindings, with binding key changed, and still experience the huge lag (not latency lag though) in PvP.

And YESSSSS! finally they fixed the cover bugs... or at least the patch notes say so :p