Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No Companions for GS 6? What's the motivation to even try it?

6 minutes ago, DWho said:

There is, it's 20 active strongholds.

1. Coruscant
  2. Dromund Kaas
  3. Nar Shaddaa
  4. Tatooine
  5. Alderaan
  6. Manaan
  7. Rishi
  8. Yavin
  9. Umbara
  10. Pub Fleet
  11. Imp Fleet
  12. Mek-Sha

But do we expect to get 8 more before the release of Copero?

1 minute ago, Traceguy said:
  1. Coruscant
  2. Dromund Kaas
  3. Nar Shaddaa
  4. Tatooine
  5. Alderaan
  6. Manaan
  7. Rishi
  8. Yavin
  9. Umbara
  10. Pub Fleet
  11. Imp Fleet
  12. Mek-Sha

But do we expect to get 8 more before the release of Copero?

I currently have 20 active strongholds an 5 inactive ones (from server merges) so to add Copero I'd have to deactivate one of them

Just now, DWho said:

I currently have 20 active strongholds an 5 inactive ones (from server merges) so to add Copero I'd have to deactivate one of them

Not in be taken in a rude way, but if you own duplicate SHs due to server merges, that sounds like a "you" problem. It likely Bioware was being gracious enough to put them side by side so players could work out which ones they wanted, and which ones they didn't. Expecting players to discard the other when done.

AFAIK, you cannot buy duplicate strongholds. So owning 2 is a problem that shouldn't exist.

Just now, Traceguy said:

Not in be taken in a rude way, but if you own duplicate SHs due to server merges, that sounds like a "you" problem. It likely Bioware was being gracious enough to put them side by side so players could work out which ones they wanted, and which ones they didn't. Expecting players to discard the other when done.

AFAIK, you cannot buy duplicate strongholds. So owning 2 is a problem that shouldn't exist.

But it does exist, whether you like it or not.

8 minutes ago, DWho said:

But it does exist, whether you like it or not.

But again, it's "you" problem. Broadsword is not responsible for people who are exploiting server merges to own duplicate strongholds. If you want more, de-active some duplicates. Simple and done.

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

But again, it's "you" problem. Broadsword is not responsible for people who are exploiting server merges to own duplicate strongholds. If you want more, de-active some duplicates. Simple and done.

But I don't want more strongholds, I have more than I can use already.

Too many companions is also a "you" problem. I prefer companions to strongholds because I get more use out of the companions. Every companion we have in the game (outside CM ones, which I never buy) is the main companion on one of my multitude of characters (and I do play them all at some point during the year). As far as strongholds go, I only use about 3 of them and 1 much more than any of the others (so deactivating them is not an issue for me personally but it is for others). Copero will end up being just like the two fleet apartments for me, something to buy to get below the GS token cap (assuming the Copero stronghold is going to cost GS tokens - if it doesn't it's completely worthless to me) and never use.

32 minutes ago, DWho said:

But I don't want more strongholds, I have more than I can use already.

Too many companions is also a "you" problem. I prefer companions to strongholds because I get more use out of the companions. Every companion we have in the game (outside CM ones, which I never buy) is the main companion on one of my multitude of characters (and I do play them all at some point during the year). As far as strongholds go, I only use about 3 of them and 1 much more than any of the others (so deactivating them is not an issue for me personally but it is for others). Copero will end up being just like the two fleet apartments for me, something to buy to get below the GS token cap (assuming the Copero stronghold is going to cost GS tokens - if it doesn't it's completely worthless to me) and never use.

Now you're off point. There is no me problem. I don't have max companions. I can easily accept more. I also didn't exploit server merges to have more strongholds than the number that exist in game. I can easily take +1 more strongholds.

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

No it is a BW problem that is now a BS problem.  BW allowed players to have multiple copies of a SH when they did the mergers and never said that they should be deactivated when we cleaned them out to the best of my knowledge. Also, they increased the max number of active SH when they introduced new ones and people were at the limit due to those duplicates.  You are correct that you can’t buy duplicate SH but owning one or two duplicates of a specific SH is a problem BW created and made alliances for.  

• Thanks 1

The deactivate button exists. Unless Broadswords allows us to purchase duplicates, YOU SHOULD NOT have duplicates. That was a kind gesture so that you didn't lose anything in the merge. You should exercise some responsibility and clean house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Well, on the contrary. I call it a feature, that sadly only a few people had access to.  But that does not change  anything about the current topic.

• Sad 1

I would take a decent companion; but the last couple have been kind of lame. I dont feel we need one every season to keep us motivated though. 

Stronghold is cool; I am not really to much into copero tbh,  but I will still unlock it. 

I am sure plenty of people will love it.

The seasonal rewards are just a bunch of cool stuff for just playing the game, so there is no reason to not really do it. 

Even if you wanted a companion, I am sure there are other cool stuff you will get just for playing the game

• Like 1

I've got 56 companions and I only ever use one. Other then the original ones the other 51 are at influence 1.  Don't use and of  them, don't want them, don't need more companions.

More companions is not an incentive for Galactic Seasons for me. Same with Strong Holds. I've got 3 and I only ever use ONE. Don't need more don't want more. I've got 25 mounts and only ever use ONE don't want more don't need more. I've got 30 pets, I never use ANY of them don't want more don't need more. I make my own dyes and have hundreds of the same ones they give us over and over again. I don't want more don't need more of the same dyes.

What I do want and need is gear, weapons, enhancements, crystals, modifications or the currency to buy them. But do we get that.... NO. Instead we get useless garbage. The only gear or weapons we get are useless shells that can only be used for appearance at max level or weapons, gear or companions gifts can only be used by the companion of the season and nothing else..

Galactic Seasons is nothing more that a grind fest, a waste of time and effort to get only useless trinkets and toys. They never offer anything USEFUL or helpful.  Even the currency they give us is maxed out with nothing to spend it on.

3 hours ago, denavin said:

I've got 56 companions and I only ever use one. Other then the original ones the other 51 are at influence 1.  Don't use and of  them, don't want them, don't need more companions.

More companions is not an incentive for Galactic Seasons for me. Same with Strong Holds. I've got 3 and I only ever use ONE. Don't need more don't want more. I've got 25 mounts and only ever use ONE don't want more don't need more. I've got 30 pets, I never use ANY of them don't want more don't need more. I make my own dyes and have hundreds of the same ones they give us over and over again. I don't want more don't need more of the same dyes.

What I do want and need is gear, weapons, enhancements, crystals, modifications or the currency to buy them. But do we get that.... NO. Instead we get useless garbage. The only gear or weapons we get are useless shells that can only be used for appearance at max level or weapons, gear or companions gifts can only be used by the companion of the season and nothing else..

Galactic Seasons is nothing more that a grind fest, a waste of time and effort to get only useless trinkets and toys. They never offer anything USEFUL or helpful.  Even the currency they give us is maxed out with nothing to spend it on.

With all due respect, if you don't care about companions, mounts, strongholds, dyes, etc., I'm not sure if SWTOR can offer you anything. All the GS come with new sets and weapons; if you don't like/don't use them, that's a personal matter. I agree that the reward track could be improved, but it's far from having so much useless stuff. Furthermore, SWTOR is not a competitive game and doesn't aim to be one. I have the feeling that your desire for something beyond the appearance of weapons and armor will be frustrated.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:06 AM, Traceguy said:

WOAH there. It's not an exploit for people having 2 of the same SH from server mergers. BW was the one that freely gave us those SH's we had from both servers when the merge happened.

And no we should not necessarily be required to Deactivate them because we paid for them in the 1st place. We paid fairly whether with credits or with CC's on more then one server in the 1st place.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toraak said:

WOAH there. It's not an exploit for people having 2 of the same SH from server mergers. BW was the one that freely gave us those SH's we had from both servers when the merge happened.

It was that or you have one deleted by BW during the merge. The duplicate stronghold, which is impossible to have normally is all in your hands. You should have worked out which one you needed, and deactivated the other.

Edited by Traceguy

Just now, Traceguy said:

It was that or you have one deleted by BW during the merge. The duplicate stronghold, which is impossible to have normally is all in your hands. You should have worked out which one you needed, and deactivated the other.

You missed the 2nd part of my comment. We shouldn't be required to delete something that may have cost people possibly CC's. I know I bought many SH's in the beginning with CC's, so if I did a server transfer the cost was 0 for it. It was a free activation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Toraak said:

You missed the 2nd part of my comment. We shouldn't be required to delete something that may have cost people possibly CC's. I know I bought many SH's in the beginning with CC's, so if I did a server transfer the cost was 0 for it. It was a free activation.

You have a choice, keep dupes or have the new stronghold. I deleted most of my dupes to go under the limit primarily so my stronghold list would rotate based last used.

2 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

You have a choice, keep dupes or have the new stronghold. I deleted most of my dupes to go under the limit primarily so my stronghold list would rotate based last used.

But saying they are an exploit like the one poster said is flat out wrong. and BW specifically raised the limit for how many SH we could have because many of us had so many duplicates. Should not be hard to raise it again if needed.

5 minutes ago, Toraak said:

But saying they are an exploit like the one poster said is flat out wrong. and BW specifically raised the limit for how many SH we could have because many of us had so many duplicates. Should not be hard to raise it again if needed.

it's not even close to an exploit, players didn't even chose to do this, it was done to them when server merged and honestly it was a good decision. It lets players choose which stronghold to keep in case one server had a stronghold that was better decorated than the others.

Just like server merges pushed some players over the normal player limit of 100.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shaori said:

My thoughts exactly. Really weird that this is a make-or-break for someone.

does it matter?

Not everyone is a veteran player. Not everyone has enough companions they can create a new character and instantly have 9 companions when they hit fleet.

New players still benefit greatly from having companions not tied to their story advancement and some veteran player like companions if basic armor/weapons/decorations/mounts don't peak their interest.

Just because someone doesn't want something doesn't mean it is pointless to other players.

3 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

Not everyone is a veteran player. Not everyone has enough companions they can create a new character and instantly have 9 companions when they hit fleet.

Do you need 9 companions when you first hit the fleet? When us veteran players first hit the fleet, we didn't have 9 companions. We had 1. And when I first started each companion was locked into 1 role. Wanted a healer for Jedi Knight? Wait until Balmorra. Pretty sure Treek and HK-51 were the first chance at getting extra companions. I honestly don't remember what it takes to get HK-51 on an alt, but Treek costs like 1,000,000 credits on the fleet.

I'm not against getting a new companion, but I am against saying they are a "make and break" - "only motivation" for a season. Was Amity or PH4-LNX really motivation? When I completed Season 5, there was no companion, but my motivation was the same as every season before. FOMO+Completionist. Get level 100. Get max rep. Get the cheevos. But also, saying this now, I have to ask, since companions like Amity were given out at season track level 1, how were they motivation for the other 99 levels?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Shaori said:

My thoughts exactly. Really weird that this is a make-or-break for someone.

It's because GS5 was such a joke. There was no companion to make the tiny bit of story even vaguely interesting (In my opinion, Bioware/Broadsword wasted a good extended story opportunity for the game with that trash). The weapons/armor/gear were extremely underwhelming (They're all reskins of old armor sets). A stronghold is fine in that it is a good way to burn GS tokens you'd otherwise lose, but to be honest the whole part of the game that included Copero was terrible, not much incentive to have a stronghold there when there isn't even an associated planet space (just a flashpoint - and a bad one at that. "For House Inrokini")

New companions make lackluster story a little bit better. GS is all grind old content otherwise. It's also that people are getting fed up with the rinse and repeat nature of GS and want something more interesting. For a lot of people it is starting to come down to what to do with GS tokens besides lose them because you already have too many. That's where incentive to play is needed and a stronghold doesn't cut it either.

6 minutes ago, DWho said:

but to be honest the whole part of the game that included Copero was terrible, not much incentive to have a stronghold there when there isn't even an associated planet space (just a flashpoint - and a bad one at that. "For House Inrokini")

We honestly don't anything about the inclusion of Copero, but we know the seasons come with their own story. It may be safe to say Copero isn't just being randomly thrown in the mix of rewards. The GS6 story is more than likely going to revolve around Copero and/or the Chiss.

Edited by Traceguy

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

We honestly don't anything about the inclusion of Copero, but we know the seasons come with their only story. It may be safe to say Copero isn't just being randomly thrown in the mix of rewards. The GS6 story is more than likely going to revolve about Copero and/or the Chiss.

Oh good, another daily area, just what we need.

Edit: I don't know what they could do within the limits of GS story that would make Copero interesting. It likely would be tied into previous story which as I said was bad. Would have been a good time to add a Chiss companion though

Edited by DWho
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.