KOTET Chapter VIII: End Times re-play option which allows to save both Vette and Torian

3 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

You can simply summon the companion who died using the terminal in the alliance base.

Yes, but he/she won't participate in the story. So anyone who saved Vette misses any Torian story from recent expansions. And anyone who saved Torian will miss whatever Vette story they promised us in the future. And the story matters more than which companion is following you around at the moment (for that, we have a ton to choose from).

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly if we're talking paying for something, just let me buy a token that lets me revive a dead companion for real (or specifically revive Vette or Torian, as they are the ONLY comps in the entire game where one or the other is forcibly killed for everyone.... like it's so BS frankly that every single other comp death is optional so you can keep everyone else alive, but you cannot keep both of them alive, erg) and not just from the kiosk where they just follow you but are still dead in the story.

I would pay so much for one of these tokens.  I would pay to have both of them alive on all of my mains at minimum, if not literally everyone who has gotten past KotET.

Edited by cannibithobbal
typo lol

7 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Honestly if we're talking paying for something, just let me buy a token that lets me revive a dead companion for real (or specifically revive Vette or Torian, as they are the ONLY comps in the entire game where one or the other is forcibly killed for everyone.... like it's so BS frankly that every single other comp death is optional so you can keep everyone else alive, but you cannot keep both of them alive, erg) and not just from the kiosk where they just follow you but are still dead in the story.

I would pay so much for one of these tokens.  I would pay to have both of them alive on all of my mains at minimum, if not literally everyone who has gotten past KotET.

That's essentially what I'm talking about. But simple "revive" would not make sense in terms of the story. Replaying the chapter though would since there are different ways to get them both to survive within the story such as a) splitting your party where you save one and someone else helps the other, or b) casting a protective barrier around your captured companion essentially preventing Vaylin's snap (this second one might be easier to implement since it could potentially be done with reusing existing dialogues, yells, and facial expressions). I'm sure there might be additional ways too - these two are just the most obvious. And, you're correct, this sacrifice is the only one where we as players are forced to make "Sophie's choice" - unlike with every other killable companion - and it never really made sense to begin with that the all-powerful Outlander doesn't even try to save both friends considering the resources/power at their disposal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

So you want to buy a token that will turn the story into gibberish?

• Like 1

What effect would such a token that resurrects a companion have in the game? As for using them as active companions, we can do that now. As for the plot, since they are not Lana Beniko, they are unimportant and the only thing they could hope for is to stand somewhere against a wall with other forgotten and ignored companions during a cutscene when the outlander talks to Lana. Dead or alive, they will get the same amount of screen time, i.e. 0. Taking money for it would be a scam without guaranteeing that they would be actively used. On the other hand, why should they get a second chance and be used and not 20 other forgotten companions who haven't had a chance to show themselves since the recruitment alert? Torian and Vette were already part of important chapters during the expansion, so basically, despite their deaths, they were treated better than most.

2 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

What effect would such a token that resurrects a companion have in the game? As for using them as active companions, we can do that now. As for the plot, since they are not Lana Beniko, they are unimportant and the only thing they could hope for is to stand somewhere against a wall with other forgotten and ignored companions during a cutscene when the outlander talks to Lana. Dead or alive, they will get the same amount of screen time, i.e. 0. Taking money for it would be a scam without guaranteeing that they would be actively used. On the other hand, why should they get a second chance and be used and not 20 other forgotten companions who haven't had a chance to show themselves since the recruitment alert? Torian and Vette were already part of important chapters during the expansion, so basically, despite their deaths, they were treated better than most.

Torian is already part of the Mando expansion with more screen time than just standing "somewhere against a wall", and everyone who doesn't have him is missing it. So, if you chose Vette every time, you might have already missed parts of the story without even knowing it.

Edited by VegaMist

2 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Torian is already part of the Mando expansion with more screen time than just standing "somewhere against a wall", and everyone who doesn't have him is missing it. So, if you chose Vette every time, you might have already missed parts of the story without even knowing it.

You're right, he has a short scene with the

Spoiler

Ruhnuk ambush and then a therapy session with the remains of the banner,

It turns out that Torian is one of the VIPs. They could really give the other companions some stage time.

19 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

So you want to buy a token that will turn the story into gibberish?

To be able to keep both comps in the story and fix this issue I have in the story with a retcon token?  yes. 1000000 times, yes. 

I have literally recorded and done edits of the scenes to make the character death not happen and not get mentioned (and then got them out of the kiosk) to make myself feel better, so getting to basically make that retcon canon and bring them back, I would pay so many CC for that.

20 hours ago, VegaMist said:

a) splitting your party where you save one and someone else helps the other

The fact that you cannot do this is genuinely why I hate this entire "choice" at all.  If they made it believable that your character tried really hard to save both Vette and Torian and you still just couldn't and one died anyway, it would bother me less (even though I would still be sad you couldn't keep both alive) because it would feel "earned", but the fact *you literally are a team of 3 people* and can't split up and go after both people who need to be saved?  Or like, can't send literally any other people in the alliance after the other person?  Like your character doesn't even think to TRY either of those options???  It's such a ridiculous logic hole and makes your character seem like a really dumb a**hole, and it's really infuriating and makes me yell at my screen. 

So yeah, I honestly don't even care if it breaks the story, if I can retcon them back to life in the story, I'm fine with it.  I don't even care if it never gets explained why they're suddenly "back from the dead", I can headcanon something.  They seemed dead at first glance but really weren't?  They were brought back to life through crazy force magic?  Or, better yet, the entire thing happened differently and *my character sent their companions after the other person in danger like they should have in the actual game*.  I don't care if it's never explained in game, I would just like to fix this glaring logic hole in the story by having both characters alive.

Do I think it's likely to happen?  Sadly I think chances are low, but I would love to have it so much and I would pay so much for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 12:51 PM, Anhkriva said:

It turns out that Torian is one of the VIPs. They could really give the other companions some stage time.

Not rly. This only shows than this choice is rly stupid. How we can't send rescure for second companions in this chapter when we have army xD? 
They can bring back Vette into story in future. Also i rly hate this feelings when devs forcing push companion in arm mc like Lana/Theron

image.png