Free Mount For Subs

Jarcen

This one is very basic for many MMOs now, to have a free mount for subs. I think that if someone subs then they should have a free mount to go with it, or at least a free mount when reaching lvl 10.

I don't really think they need to add this, especially when they are offering a sub package that includes a mount that will be available to new and current toons. The GS gives a free mount and cartel packs, which drop mounts regularly. 

Edited by AFadedMemory

18 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I don't really think they need to add this, especially when they are offering a sub package that includes a mount that will be available to new and current toons. The GS gives a free mount and cartel packs, which drop mounts regularly. 

Mounts from planetary vendors cost next to nothing as well. By the time you reach level 10 and can use a mount, you should easily be able to afford one. There are already too many mounts in game. We really don't need any more.

On 1/4/2024 at 12:31 AM, Jarcen said:

This one is very basic for many MMOs now, to have a free mount for subs. I think that if someone subs then they should have a free mount to go with it, or at least a free mount when reaching lvl 10.

Doing Esseles or Black Talon before going to Coruscant/Dromund Kaas will give a mount as reward. Unless they've changed it?

4 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Doing Esseles or Black Talon before going to Coruscant/Dromund Kaas will give a mount as reward. Unless they've changed it?

What mount are you talking about?  I don’t remember a mount being a quest reward from them at any point. 

On 1/4/2024 at 6:43 AM, AFadedMemory said:

Yes, I do know about that package. The thing is that not everyone would be getting that. Many would most likely just get the regular way of getting sub, and that's through the 30, 60 or 180 days ones, which are basically a recurring billing. The other one would be the 60-days one-time sub (which you can get many times over as well). So in those cases you won't get the free mount that comes with the bundle.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:05 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

And in any event, you can buy a basic mount in-game for 8000 credits if you're a subscriber (as alluded to by @DWho).  It will work just as well as any other mount.

See, this isn't exactly free. You still have to get it with 8k credits. What I'm proposing is a free mount from the get-go when you sub, no matter whether it's 30 days, 60 days or 180 days. This is already a staple for many MMOs that when you sub you get a free mount to go along with it, even if it's the most basic one.

35 minutes ago, Jarcen said:

Yes, I do know about that package. The thing is that not everyone would be getting that. Many would most likely just get the regular way of getting sub, and that's through the 30, 60 or 180 days ones, which are basically a recurring billing. The other one would be the 60-days one-time sub (which you can get many times over as well). So in those cases you won't get the free mount that comes with the bundle.

See, this isn't exactly free. You still have to get it with 8k credits. What I'm proposing is a free mount from the get-go when you sub, no matter whether it's 30 days, 60 days or 180 days. This is already a staple for many MMOs that when you sub you get a free mount to go along with it, even if it's the most basic one.

Don't subscribers get a mount as a reward for lv1 galactic season? This one is free.

10 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Wow.  It seems you haven't run Black Talon or Esseles in story mode for years.  Those FP's did have Lhosan Duster speeder as reward for completion in 5.x but those were removed as rewards for story mode versions of these FP's in SWTOR 6.0 I believe.  BT and Esseles reward decorations for story mode completion for many years now.

2 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

Don't subscribers get a mount as a reward for lv1 galactic season? This one is free.

I was in hiatus from 2016 until November 2023, so I don't even remember if ever I got a mount then...

It's very sad, but they pretty much canned all unique world and flashpoint drops over the last few years. If you still have some in your inventory, hold on to them dearly. All we're getting nowadays are cartel market sets ripped from failed Disney+ shows.

4 hours ago, Jarcen said:

See, this isn't exactly free.

No, but it is *approximately* free.  (Eight K credits doesn't take long to accumulate, and certainly for a subscriber it should take less time than it takes to reach level 10.  I mention level 10 because unless you pay CC - or credits if you've been playing enough - for the upgrade, you can't use a mount before level 10, when Speeder Piloting becomes learnable.)

4 hours ago, Jarcen said:

You still have to get it with 8k credits. What I'm proposing is a free mount from the get-go when you sub, no matter whether it's 30 days, 60 days or 180 days. This is already a staple for many MMOs that when you sub you get a free mount to go along with it, even if it's the most basic one.

Great, an item you can't use until you reach level 10, unless you pay a per-character unlock.  (And the per-character unlock costs CC unless you've reached a high enough legacy level.)

2 hours ago, Char_Ell said:

Wow.  It seems you haven't run Black Talon or Esseles in story mode for years.  Those FP's did have Lhosan Duster speeder as reward for completion in 5.x but those were removed as rewards for story mode versions of these FP's in SWTOR 6.0 I believe.  BT and Esseles reward decorations for story mode completion for many years now.

Yeah, I don't do them in any mode. Even when I level up something I always skip them. 

Shame that the mount got removed though. It wasn't that great but it was free. 

6 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

we used to have promotions like this, not sure if they worked out well because Bioware eventually stopped doing it.

Yeah some of those old  promo codes ( from 'Cantina Events' & such )  should still work  i think ?

One sec and i'll see if i can find the old links.......

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Yeah some of those old  promo codes ( from 'Cantina Events' & such )  should still work  i think ?

One sec and i'll see if i can find the old links.......

I was referring to the companions, pets, mounts, outfits, etc they used to give out for subscribing in certain months.

I think the problem is that we have so much free stuff, and a wildly over-saturated cash shop, that nothing feels exclusive anymore. I don't feel that getting more subscription reward items is the solution. In a similar vein, I registered a physical Collector's Edition code 7-8 years ago and it hasn't felt Collerctor-y since about a month after I registered it. Getting yet another version of the Lucky-77 swoop, a wee astromech pet or HK-55's jetpack in the mail doesn't feel as rewarding as, say, getting a Dread Master Mask, a Desler Nomad speeder or the Wings of the Architect mount. I feel the root of the issue is feeling like you're not being acknowledged for your support, and I agree that is an empty feeling, but I don't think more trinkets are the solution. Unless, of course, said trinket was actually exclusive, but with the CM offering clones of almost anything you can find or earn in-game, that's gonna be tough.

• Like 2