Hard/Nightmare Ancient Pylons Bug

It is bugged and you're able to complete it through pure random chance that it is not. I believe a lot of people just happened to try something that they thought the encounter was designed for, and that happened to be the attempt where it was not bugged.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general belief is that it locks on the 8th turn if it isn't solved. So if you have a 2 2 2 2 you would be able to solve it. We failed 15 or more times last night because we consistently had 3 3 2 2 or 3 3 3 2 for turns. So basically the lowest number of turns we could solve in was 10+ turns per side.

We just beat the encounter on nightmare after at least 3 bugged tries. Did nothing special in our "kill" try. Turned the wheels at least ten times.

The bug on this encounter seems to be entirely random - you DO have more than 8 clicks.

Both sides have solve each wheel at the same time. At least, this is how we do it on Hard Mode, and we've 1 shot it every time.

So if one side has 1 turn until they solve and the other side has 2 turns until they solve, then the side with 1 has to wait till the side with 2 is ready.

You can't just sit there and spam clicks and solve as fast as you can on each side..you have to communicate and figure out how many clicks for each color wheel needs to be done.

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/2011/12/31/pylon-puzzle-boss-guide/

done it 7 times tonight perfectly, locked up every time.

We cleared this last night on NM mode. We found that each team had to either hit the buttons at the same time, and the possibly the number of rotations did matter. We tried a few times but did manage to get it done. If the console locks up, that is it, you have to reset the instance and try again.

The console will not lock if both groups do it correctly.

Reposting from another thread since we seem to be having so many on the same encounter

If this were an intended mechanic, then you would get a message telling you as much and the encounter would reset without you being forced to exit the area and manually reset the instance.

There is however a workaround that from what I've seen thus far has proven to be 100% efficient for the 2 bugs that we've encountered.

For us it was always the northern pylon that would get greyed out after the 2nd or 3rd wheel on both pylons got finished. Another bug was the southern pylon being still accessible but not functioning after both pylons were solved on the 4th wheel.

We noticed, however that we would sometimes get the message that both pylons were finished AND that the northern pylon was waiting for the southern pylon to finish at the same time. This led me to conclude that waiting at the last step on the northern pylon and finishing each wheel of the southern pylon before the north one would function as a workaround for the issue

So far, this has proven to be 100% succesful, although the dataset is limited to 3 instances at the moment.

The difference between this and all other posted workarounds it that if true, I've established a causal mechanism, which is why this could work 100% of the time assuming there are no other bugs in the encounter.

What I would like to know from people here is:

1) is it always the north pylon being "greyed out" after wheel 2 or 3 on both pylons have completed?

2)is the bug with the pylons being still interactable but doing nothing limited to the south pylon and after wheel 4 of the northern pylon is completed?

If both these are true, then finishing the southern pylon first on all wheels will be successful all the time.

If not, then there are more than 1 bug in the encounter, which would be quite unfortunate to say the least

I will add that locking up both pylon wheels at the same time COULD work due to the same mechanic established here. However, it would most likely not be guaranteed.

Hope to see people post more data later this evening, and hopefully we can see this issue resolved soon assuming there are no further bugs in the encounter.

When doing the encounter, I would like you keep a look out especially for the things I've bolded.

You mean, some people aren't doing the last turn of each wheel at the same time?

Seems to be that way.

If south is say left 3, right needs to finish at the same time, even if they are say left 2.

North would need to wait a spin rotation, and both sides need to lock in their set at about the same time. If done correctly, neither side will lockup and neither side will have the console be un-clickable.

Seems to be that way.

If south is say left 3, right needs to finish at the same time, even if they are say left 2.

North would need to wait a spin rotation, and both sides need to lock in their set at about the same time. If done correctly, neither side will lockup and neither side will have the console be un-clickable.

We did that. We also solved the puzzle in the fewest number of clicks possible given our initial arrangement. Did not work.

I can confirm that the encounter is not bugged on hard mode. We had loads of problem with this until we tried locking the wheels at the same time, then it worked.

So each side should find out how many moves they each need, and then lock the wheels at the same time for each row.

Edited by Diminish

We did that. We also solved the puzzle in the fewest number of clicks possible given our initial arrangement. Did not work.

It may be get bugged at times it may not. Like I said, our guild took I think 2-3 tries last night on nightmare to figure it out and get the encounter done correctly. We really do think the middle pylon needs to be locked in at the same time for both sides, as this is what worked for us.

It may be get bugged at times it may not. Like I said, our guild took I think 2-3 tries last night on nightmare to figure it out and get the encounter done correctly. We really do think the middle pylon needs to be locked in at the same time for both sides, as this is what worked for us.

This is incorrect.

There are three different threads on this right now so maybe people haven't seen my other post.

8/8... doesn't matter

Controls locking up... You did something wrong, its the mechanic, NOT A BUG.

Its a puzzle, there is a solution, some of you guys are so close to the answer and others are moving farther away.

This is incorrect.

There are three different threads on this right now so maybe people haven't seen my other post.

8/8... doesn't matter

Controls locking up... You did something wrong, its the mechanic, NOT A BUG.

Its a puzzle, there is a solution, some of you guys are so close to the answer and others are moving farther away.

It cannot be incorrect if we finished the encounter using the method I mentioned. What we did worked, and waiting for each group to turn at the same time and pausing for the other side to catch up (If needed) is what worked.

Edited by engrey

Reposting from another thread since we seem to be having so many on the same encounter

If this were an intended mechanic, then you would get a message telling you as much and the encounter would reset without you being forced to exit the area and manually reset the instance.

There is however a workaround that from what I've seen thus far has proven to be 100% efficient for the 2 bugs that we've encountered.

For us it was always the northern pylon that would get greyed out after the 2nd or 3rd wheel on both pylons got finished. Another bug was the southern pylon being still accessible but not functioning after both pylons were solved on the 4th wheel.

We noticed, however that we would sometimes get the message that both pylons were finished AND that the northern pylon was waiting for the southern pylon to finish at the same time. This led me to conclude that waiting at the last step on the northern pylon and finishing each wheel of the southern pylon before the north one would function as a workaround for the issue

So far, this has proven to be 100% succesful, although the dataset is limited to 3 instances at the moment.

The difference between this and all other posted workarounds it that if true, I've established a causal mechanism, which is why this could work 100% of the time assuming there are no other bugs in the encounter.

What I would like to know from people here is:

1) is it always the north pylon being "greyed out" after wheel 2 or 3 on both pylons have completed?

2)is the bug with the pylons being still interactable but doing nothing limited to the south pylon and after wheel 4 of the northern pylon is completed?

If both these are true, then finishing the southern pylon first on all wheels will be successful all the time.

If not, then there are more than 1 bug in the encounter, which would be quite unfortunate to say the least

I will add that locking up both pylon wheels at the same time COULD work due to the same mechanic established here. However, it would most likely not be guaranteed.

Hope to see people post more data later this evening, and hopefully we can see this issue resolved soon assuming there are no further bugs in the encounter.

When doing the encounter, I would like you keep a look out especially for the things I've bolded.

This works, and it has worked for numerous people on my server who i also gave this info to.

Thanks a lot <3

It cannot be incorrect if we finished the encounter using the method I mentioned. What we did worked, and waiting for each group to turn at the same time and pausing for the other side to catch up (If needed) is what worked.

It can absolutely be incorrect just because you finished the encounter doesn't mean that you purposely figured out the mechanic. There are a ton of guilds looking for the solution that have solved the puzzle but don't understand what they did.

There are 2 mechanics to this fight. Same time has nothing to do with it.

if this fight was working correctly, the encounter would reset after making a mistake or just kill everyone. right now it simply stops with no error message at all stating the method was incorrect. it forces you to leave the dungeon and manually reset and reclear trash. it is a bug. your method is not the "correct" way to do it, it's simply the only method that consistently bypasses the bug.